snopes.com Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » About This Site » Announcements » Come visit our new home! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Come visit our new home!
wanderwoman
Bluetooth Christmas

Icon 06 posted      Profile for wanderwoman   E-mail wanderwoman   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I didn't see the item about the new board till this morning, and now I've been waiting all day for the final email that will let me post there. I feel so left out. [Frown]

--------------------
"But I'm adding this to my reasons why I never really liked really good looking men much. Sheesh, what good is good looking if you have to stuff a sock in his mouth." - Sara at home
NFBSK, IIRC and other mysterious Snopester language

Posts: 851 | From: Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tagurit
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tagurit   E-mail tagurit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
So, nothing is being imported from this board to the new board? We start fresh on a new BBS? Is that the deal?

--------------------
Explore, enjoy and protect the planet
---
AAMAH

Posts: 8532 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spam & Cookies-mmm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spam & Cookies-mmm   E-mail Spam & Cookies-mmm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tagurit:
So, nothing is being imported from this board to the new board? We start fresh on a new BBS? Is that the deal?

That's how it appears. It's all clean and shiny over there.

--------------------
Did you see the Announcement?
There's a new snopes message board!

Posts: 7767 | From: Paradise Ceded | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
wanderwoman
Bluetooth Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wanderwoman   E-mail wanderwoman   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I spoke too soon! I just got the email and was able to post on the board. Thanks, snopes!

--------------------
"But I'm adding this to my reasons why I never really liked really good looking men much. Sheesh, what good is good looking if you have to stuff a sock in his mouth." - Sara at home
NFBSK, IIRC and other mysterious Snopester language

Posts: 851 | From: Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tribrats
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tribrats   Author's Homepage   E-mail tribrats   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It seems that I have to wait for all the good things today [Wink] . I'm waiting for our kerosene, my account to be activated and for the kids to go to bed so I can have some of the Jack Daniel's chocolates our friends gave us for Christmas.

--------------------
Snopes is moving! Here's snopes' announcement.
Come here to re-register!

Posts: 2448 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Remarkgullabull
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 05 posted      Profile for Remarkgullabull     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
OK, where do I enter the activation code that was emailed to me?? [Confused] I clicked on the link after I registered and it took me back to the sign in page...

--------------------
Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Posts: 1961 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tagurit

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tagurit   E-mail tagurit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spam & Cookies-mmm:
quote:

That's how it appears. It's all clean and shiny over there.
So, our registration dates are all clean and shiny, too?

And I have to fill out a registration profile, right?

--------------------
Explore, enjoy and protect the planet
---
AAMAH

Posts: 8532 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Em
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Em   E-mail Em   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Remarkgullabull:
OK, where do I enter the activation code that was emailed to me?? [Confused] I clicked on the link after I registered and it took me back to the sign in page...

I didn't have to use the activation code. I think that's for if the link doesn't work and you have to do it manually as per the **** Does The Above URL Not Work? **** instructions. If the link worked, you should just have to log in.

--------------------
What the NFBSK does YOMANK mean?

Posts: 1646 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kamino Neko
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kamino Neko   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Gah. Stupid board won't let me log in! Keeps saying my user name or password is invalid. But it's exactly the ones in the emails.

--------------------
Blueberry, Blackberry, Raspberry, Strawberry
Merry Merry-go-round, Funky Funky Playground

Posts: 3645 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Em
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Em   E-mail Em   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You need to use the password you chose during registration, not the activation code in the email.

--------------------

Posts: 1646 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jenn
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenn   E-mail Jenn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

"We will not be importing data from this board (i.e., previous posts) into the new board."

quote:
So, our registration dates are all clean and shiny, too?
Actually, no. Registration dates and post counts will be carried over with each registration, but not necessarily right away. This is one thing everyone will need patient about, as it requires each account to have this checked and filled in individually by the admins.

quote:
And I have to fill out a registration profile, right?
Only if you want to be registered [Smile]

--------------------
"You're the opposite of troll. It's a compliment!"

Posts: 12086 | From: Alberta | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tribrats

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tribrats   Author's Homepage   E-mail tribrats   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
So I got my JD chocolate and my account activated. We have enough kero to get through the night. All is good in the world!

--------------------
Snopes is moving! Here's snopes' announcement.
Come here to re-register!

Posts: 2448 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Noemi

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Noemi   E-mail Noemi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jenn:
quote:

"We will not be importing data from this board (i.e., previous posts) into the new board."
I'm guessing that this holds true for things like PMs as well?

Noemi

--------------------
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
My blog, no guarantees about witty or intelligent content. My current projects.
Coveted Beads <---- our eBay store, new items being added somewhat regularly

Posts: 8418 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MissEltoe
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissEltoe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I dove in..... [Smile] (Well I registered anyway).

--------------------
Licorice of the Lord! This is classy stuff...Should I be wearing a tie? Or, at least, pants?
~I'mNotDedalus

Posts: 975 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pixiechic
Here We Come A-Mall Crawling

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixiechic   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pixiechic   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm registered too, yay! I'm excited to test it out.

Pixie"change can be good"chic

--------------------
Pixiechic's MySpace page
Our Homepage

Posts: 381 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FuzzDuckie
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FuzzDuckie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ooo! I'll be right over! I'm very familiar with vBulletin as that is what my other forum is (Nordinho.net in case you wonder...). Its a great forum based program... LOTS of tweaks/mods etc. including a pager system (sort of like an IM system).

Hmm now to pick a user name... FuzzDuckie or DuckBoy... Hmm....

--------------------
Clever Waste of Time Invasion IV
An unique Riddle adventure.
PM me for more info. I'm on Brain Candy.
Purple Hell- Riddle Tools

Posts: 1551 | From: Georgia | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Artemis
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Artemis   E-mail Artemis   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
So when do we make the official switch from this board to the new one?

--------------------
"You can't play Electro-magnetic Golf according to the rules of Centrifugal Bumble Puppy."
-Mustapha Mond, "Brave New World"

Posts: 679 | From: New York | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zachary Fizz

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zachary Fizz     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Artemis:

I haven't seen any official announcements, but I'm assuming that we are encouraged to start any new topics over on the new board. If we all do that, this one should run down fairly swiftly.
Posts: 2370 | From: Arabia | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chillas     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Artemis:

From the OP:
quote:
If the system holds up well enough, it will become our new permanent home
I take this to mean that right now is a stress test - get as many people on there at once as possible - and see how it holds up. Then an official decision will be made.

--------------------
Come on, come on - spin a little tighter
Come on, come on - and the world's a little brighter

Posts: 5595 | From: Columbus, OH : The Soccer Capital of America | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Davros
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Davros   Author's Homepage   E-mail Davros   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
see what happens
My Internet connection is killed (as well as a tv sat dish wireless router hub adsl modem network card)by a close lightning strike
and when i get back on line all you moved away

was it something i said ? :-)

well i have now applied on the new and improved site so see you all there

--------------------
Wake up --- time to die
So I'm Evil Get over it

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people

Posts: 1551 | From: NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jenn
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenn   E-mail Jenn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by chillas:
quote:
I take this to mean that right now is a stress test - get as many people on there at once as possible - and see how it holds up. Then an official decision will be made.
The "Community" link on the main ULRP page now leads to the new board. That looks pretty official to me.

--------------------

Posts: 12086 | From: Alberta | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chillas     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
So it would seem, but I believe that change was made since I posted.

--------------------
Come on, come on - spin a little tighter
Come on, come on - and the world's a little brighter

Posts: 5595 | From: Columbus, OH : The Soccer Capital of America | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spam & Cookies-mmm

Icon 500 posted      Profile for Spam & Cookies-mmm   E-mail Spam & Cookies-mmm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
The "Community" link on the main ULRP page now leads to the new board. That looks pretty official to me.
quote:
So it would seem, but I believe that change was made since I posted.

It must be difficult, simultaneously moderating two nearly identical boards.

--------------------
Did you see the Announcement?
There's a new snopes message board!

Posts: 7767 | From: Paradise Ceded | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jenn
Layaway in a Manger

quote:
Originally posted by Spam & Cookies-mmm:
It must be difficult, simultaneously moderating two nearly identical boards.

Keeping up with questions that have been answered elsewhere is probably the worst, but it's very minorly irksome rather than difficult. As more people stop posting here and move over there the moderating attention will similarly shift.

(And I just didn't come to this board at all for a couple days, which it made it way easier [Wink] )

--------------------

Canuckistan

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
(And I just didn't come to this board at all for a couple days, which it made it way easier [Wink] )

Slacker. [Razz]

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Em
Happy Holly Days

quote:

Does that make this (the old board) the super-seekrit snopes board I've heard so much about?

--------------------

Morrigan
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Morrigan   E-mail Morrigan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I just registered!

I must say, though. It took me 5 years to get nearly 1700 posts here...and I'm gonna lose that count!

Morrigan

--------------------
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep." Robert Frost, Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening

Posts: 1701 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Morrigan:
It took me 5 years to get nearly 1700 posts here...and I'm gonna lose that count!

No, you won't. Post counts are being carried over.

Four Kitties

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Morrigan
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Morrigan   E-mail Morrigan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah....*sheepish look* I just found that part out.

I'm still confused, though. Can't figure out how to do a signature nor a custom avatar.

Morrigan

--------------------
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep." Robert Frost, Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening

Posts: 1701 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Em
Happy Holly Days

The custom avatar option didn't show up for me until I selected one of the generic avatars.

--------------------

Jenn
Layaway in a Manger

quote:
Originally posted by Morrigan:
I'm still confused, though. Can't figure out how to do a signature nor a custom avatar.

Has your account been approved yet? You can't do any of that sort of thing until it's been approved. Once it is, click on "User CF" (on the left right below the snopes.com logo) and you'll find it's pretty self-explanatory. And please do check the Test Issues and Technical Questions forum on the new board. There have been threads about this kind of thing for nearly a week now.

--------------------

Morrigan
Happy Holly Days

I'm still looking around, so I'll make sure I read that thread.

Thanks, Jenn. I'm not approved yet, so that explains quite a bit.

Morrigan

--------------------

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 505 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The new board is working out fine, so everyone who hasn't already done so should start heading over to http://message.snopes.com to register.

- snopes

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DAnnino
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DAnnino     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Just did. I'm just waiting to be allowed to post. And I like the new look.

--------------------
NO BETTER FRIEND, NO WORSE ENEMY
--
"I grok when apes learn to laugh, they'll be people."

Posts: 727 | From: Southeastern Arizona | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
black roses 19
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for black roses 19   E-mail black roses 19   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've been activated and validated and I still can't log in [Frown]

It keeps saying my username/password is incorrect. I noticed others have had this problem but nobody stated what the problem was.

Am I doing something wrong?

--------------------
"I find them to be in contradiction of the basic principles of YOUR MOM!!!" -We've Got Mail

Posts: 1361 | From: Muncie, IN | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  New Poll  Post a reply Close topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages