snopes.com
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Trivia » Because I have too much time on my hands

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Because I have too much time on my hands
Bashful
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 504 posted      Profile for Bashful   E-mail Bashful   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
...when I ought to be working.

Anyway, following links from a completely unrelated subject in rantidote (Johnny Cash) comes this bit of trivia:

Since the death of Ronald Reagan on June 5, 2004, Ford has been the oldest living former President. He is one of two U.S. Presidents to live to the age of 93 years, and the second longest-lived President. On November 12, 2006, he will become the longest living U.S. President of all time, surpassing Ronald Reagan. Although one might presume Ford would attain this status on November 11, if total days are counted Ford will actually pass Reagan only on November 12 because Reagan had one more leap year -- 1912 -- in his lifetime than Ford has had).
(stolen, cut & pasted from: Wiki)

I'm so uninterested in actually doing my work this morning, I am "wasting" my first ever Snopes post on this.

So, is this a matter of international newsworthiness - and will reports include the extra leap year???

(editted because my link didn't work)

--------------------
It Takes A Village To Raise An Idiot

Posts: 12 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Atlanta Jake
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Atlanta Jake   E-mail Atlanta Jake   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Welcome to the board, Bashful!

If you look at my profile, you will see that I am sort of partial to trivia, so I found your post very entertaining.

To answer your question... no - this is not newsworthy. In fact you and I are probably the only two who will even post on the subject. Especially since I am an unrepentant threadkiller... even if this was the most exciting post ever, no one would see it now... [Razz]

Jake

--------------------
Remember Kids, Don't try this at home!

Posts: 1366 | From: Atlanta, Georgia | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
I'm Dreaming of a White Canvas
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for I'm Dreaming of a White Canvas     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Just to prove who's the best thread killer around, here I am!

I suspect this will get the public's attention about as much as the fact that January 1, 2000 was not the first day of the new millennium.

--------------------
"You hold the Prince so I can duct tape his bottom to keep the bugs out." - My Mom

Posts: 193 | From: The Fabulous Finger Lakes, New York | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Wicked Tinkerbell
Hock Harold Angel's Bling

Icon 202 posted      Profile for Wicked Tinkerbell   E-mail Wicked Tinkerbell   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Is it newsworthy? When you compare it things happening around the world, NO. But it does give us a break from tragedy. It also gives trivia buffs a chance to go "Ah. Hmmm."

quote:
Originally posted by Al-luring White Canvas:
Just to prove who's the best thread killer around, here I am!

No, I am! (insert maniacal laughter) [Big Grin]

--------------------
"I'm not Irish, I'm Celtic. The difference? Celts cut off your head and put it on their door lintel." --Aimee Evilpixie
"People are bastard-covered bastards with bastard filling."--Scrubs

Posts: 269 | From: Oregon | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Avril
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 303 posted      Profile for Avril     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I'm so sorry, but it must be done:

Ford-a-chow

Welcome to the boards! Enjoy your stay. Obviously we have enough time on our hands to talk about these things.

Avril

--------------------
There is no failure unless one stops. --Ray Bradbury

Posts: 2115 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages