snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Diversions » Urban Legends Contest #7 » 24 Hour photo Challenge - 48 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 24 Hour photo Challenge - 48
SantasHobbit
Frosty the Salesman

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantasHobbit     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hopefully the celestial ballet has turned the planet enough to get Xmas out of the way for us all, so it's time for a new challenge.

Well it's almost 2007, so lets look back at the entries that we all submitted in 2006. Your mission is to look at the images submitted over the previous 47 challenges and recreate an entry by another snopester from any of them.

Of course, I've picked the most famous entry of them all, but you may have to link to the original entry (or maybe not, if you're good enough)

Beware! Knowing me, you know what's behind this link

Have fun [Smile]

Subfolder

Slideshow

Rules:

- Posters have 24 hours from the post that sets the new challenge to submit their pictures to the thread.
- Voting will then start, continuing for another 24 hours.
- After those 24 hours, the votes will be counted, and the winner issues the next challenge.
- All pictures must be taken specifically for this thread.
- One entry per person per round.
- Once you have posted a pic, you cannot change it.
- The first person to post a pic (not including the person who set the challenge) automatically gets one bonus vote.
- One vote per person.
- You can't vote for yourself.
- You do not have to have entered a picture to vote for the winner.
- Votes must be posted in bold. If quoting someone else, please edit out bold tags, to avoid confusion. Please do not put any other text in bold.
- In the event of a tie, the person who posted their picture first wins.
- Votes are cast for the content of a picture, not picture quality or photographic skills. Vote for originality, effort and comedy.
- Be honest. If the challenge is to have a picture taken with a dog that is not yours, then don't take a picture with your dog. You're only cheating yourself.
- No Photoshopping or editing of any kind. You can reduce the size of your pictures, but no cropping or anything else. The photos must be as you took them.
- This is the Photobucket page for this competition. The name is "snopesphoto", and the password is "snopes". Visit here and upload the picture to the appropriate subfolder, putting your name in the "description" field. Provide a direct link to the photo in your post.
- Be careful when choosing a filename for your photo, before uploading it. 2 photos with the same name in the same folder can cause problems with Photobucket. It's suggested that you save the photo with a filename that is a combination of the challenge name and your name. So, if your name is "Discogal" and the challenge is "take a picture with a dog that is not yours", then "Disconotmydog" would be a good filename.
- The winner, once they have set the new challenge, will create a new subfolder, obviously titled.
- The winner will set the new challenge in a new thread, which is to be titled "24 Hour Photo Challenge", and which is to contain the name of the new challenge and the round number.
- These rules are to be pasted into the first post of the new challenge.
- The first post should also contain a direct link to the new subfolder, and one to the slideshow for that subfolder ("http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m288/snopesphoto/NAME OF SUBFOLDER/?action=view&slideshow=true" Note, this url, as written will not work, as it contains spaces. Where there are spaces in the "name of subfolder" space, replace them with "%20")

--------------------
Angsty little hobbitssssses

Posts: 336 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SantasHobbit
Frosty the Salesman

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantasHobbit     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Grr...messed up the topic title AND the slide show link. It's too late to edit now (sigh). It'll teach me not to post as I'm running out of the door, or at least to be more careful in future [dunce]

--------------------

Posts: 336 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Andrew of Ware, England
A-Ware in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andrew of Ware, England   Author's Homepage   E-mail Andrew of Ware, England   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I do not know if you are allowed to recreate another person's photo. Anyway, in one of the early rounds, 'Fear' PixieChic snapped her older daughter being eaten by Elmo.

Alas I do not have a daughter (cute or otherwise) or Elmo, but nevertheless I present to you 'Revenge is sweet'.

(Oh, for added authenticity I have borrowed PixieChic's duvet cover.)

Edited to fix the second link - I am watching the cricket highlights, making myself a cup of tea, writing this post and listerning to the choir of St. Paul's cathedral sing a Christmas carol all at the same time. Who says we men can't multi-task?

--------------------
Andrew, Ware, England

Posts: 1709 | From: Ware, England | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kitoboo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitoboo   E-mail kitoboo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Awwww. There's that cute little bear again. And the stuffed animal is nice too.

-kitoboo

Posts: 399 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SantasHobbit
Frosty the Salesman

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew of Ware, Elfland:
I do not know if you are allowed to recreate another person's photo.

That's the point of this challenge Andrew, to copy a previous entry. I'm glad you used a teddy bear though, I've seen enough English bunnies today [Razz]

(promises to make no more cricket allusions...maybe)

--------------------

FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Pixiechic is popular this round

I had to get my daughter to help because I don't have a trench coat and she does. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Eve MG
Happy Holly Days

Icon 09 posted      Profile for Eve MG   Author's Homepage   E-mail Eve MG   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My tribute to Child of Music's famous entry.

--------------------
I love dairy! Does that mean I can't be a vegan?

Posts: 1569 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pixiechic
Here We Come A-Mall Crawling

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixiechic   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pixiechic   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
At one time MapleLeaf wanted to be a desk.

I decided that I didn't so much want to be a desk, but that I wanted to be MapleLeaf when I grew up.

Pixie"I don't have the hair!"chic

ETA: A space in my linkage.

--------------------
Pixiechic's MySpace page
Our Homepage

Posts: 381 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Here is my rendition of another snopester's "Another Snopester" entry. Original pic was by Ali_marea.

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LeaflessMapleTree
The twelve shopping days 'til Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeaflessMapleTree   E-mail LeaflessMapleTree   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pixiechic:
At one time MapleLeaf wanted to be a desk.

I decided that I didn't so much want to be a desk, but that I wanted to be MapleLeaf when I grew up.

Pixie"I don't have the hair!"chic

ETA: A space in my linkage.

I love you [Big Grin]

--------------------
"For me, religion is like a rhinoceros: I don't have one, and I'd really prefer not to be trampled by yours. But it is impressive, and even beautiful, and, to be honest, the world would be slightly worse off if there weren't any."
-Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 3239 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pixiechic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixiechic   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pixiechic   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
FrogFeathers and Andrew of Ware, thanks you two! Those are two of my favorite pictures and it feels good to have someone recreate them. Oh and Andrew...your duvet cover and my comforter do indeed match, woohoo for good taste! [Big Grin]

Hey MapleLeaf...I love you too [Big Grin]

Pixie"This is a fun challenge!"chic

--------------------
Pixiechic's MySpace page
Our Homepage

Posts: 381 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Artemis
The First USA Noel

Icon 24 posted      Profile for Artemis   E-mail Artemis   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It's not over yet, Pixiechic!

Pixiechic's product placement/ writer's block.

Artemis's recreation...

--------------------
"You can't play Electro-magnetic Golf according to the rules of Centrifugal Bumble Puppy."
-Mustapha Mond, "Brave New World"

Posts: 679 | From: New York | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zamboni_Rodeo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zamboni_Rodeo     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My homage to FrogFeathers' entry in the Waxing Lyrical contest.

--------------------
Where's the challenge in wassailing at Christmas? The place is lousy with wassail!

Posts: 232 | From: Raleigh, NC | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BrianB
Happy Holly Days

Icon 09 posted      Profile for BrianB   E-mail BrianB   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Before presenting my entry I need to warn the more sensitive snopesters that my picture carries a "disturbing image" warning. Anyway, here's my version of of Eve Mg's "Bottoms Up" entry.
Brian "who will also roll over for a tummy rub" B

--------------------
"Dear Big Foot Smellers: Please don't quote me on some of this information." John F. Winston

Posts: 1707 | From: Camarillo, CA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Aimee Evilpixie
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Aimee Evilpixie   Author's Homepage   E-mail Aimee Evilpixie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Child of Music was once a superhero, I think the Super Science Nerd, though I may be wrong. I, not being a physics kind of girl, had to go with what I knew when I re-created her entry.

Behold! The Crazy Crafting Ninja! I'll crochet you into oblivion! I'll knit you into nothing! And I'll make some socks while I'm at it!

--------------------
Ugg want you find JESUS!

My website!

Posts: 1853 | From: Washington (The State) | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SantasHobbit
Frosty the Salesman

Okie Dokie...Time's up for entries. Actually about four hours ago but I've hung on in case of any stragglers.

A bit light on for contestants this time but that's not surprising given the time of year, and the impending changeover to the new board would have preoccupied a few snopesters. 'Twas nice to see the usual suspects all made an effort though, thank you.

So Andrew of Ware get one vote for being the first in and although I enjoyed Eve MG's and Brian B's pictures (amongst others) I'm going to cast my vote for Aimee Evilpixie's superhero. There was a bit of effort involved there, and I still can't believe there's a book called "Stitch n' Bitch"

--------------------

Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Artemis.

Nonny "You are about to delete the files." Mouse

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Artemis

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Eve MG
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eve MG   Author's Homepage   E-mail Eve MG   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well I must vote for BrianB after that wonderful tribute!! I have a sudden desire to scratch your belly now...

--------------------
I love dairy! Does that mean I can't be a vegan?

Posts: 1569 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
BrianB

I was so tickled when someone did one of mine. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
glass papaya
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glass papaya   E-mail glass papaya   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
BrianB
Posts: 544 | From: Onalaska, WI | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pixiechic

I gotta go with Aimee Evilpixie for a really well done recreation.

I know I already thanked FrogFeathers and Andrew...but I need to thank them again as well as thanking Artemis. I'm glad some of my pictures have been memorable. [Big Grin]

Pixie"who knew flashing would be such a hit?"chic

--------------------
Pixiechic's MySpace page
Our Homepage

LeaflessMapleTree
The twelve shopping days 'til Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeaflessMapleTree   E-mail LeaflessMapleTree   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I gotta go with Pixiechic for obvious reasons.

--------------------
"For me, religion is like a rhinoceros: I don't have one, and I'd really prefer not to be trampled by yours. But it is impressive, and even beautiful, and, to be honest, the world would be slightly worse off if there weren't any."
-Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 3239 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zamboni_Rodeo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zamboni_Rodeo     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FrogFeathers:
I was so tickled when someone did one of mine. [Big Grin]

Well, it made me laugh, and an entry that good deserved another look! [Big Grin]

My vote this time around goes to Pixiechic. After all, who among us doesn't want to be MapleLeaf?

Honorable Mention to BrianB.

--------------------
Where's the challenge in wassailing at Christmas? The place is lousy with wassail!

Posts: 232 | From: Raleigh, NC | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ChildofMusic
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChildofMusic   E-mail ChildofMusic   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Aww, two of my entries were recreated! *blush*

Honestly, I have to go with Aimee (and not just because she recreated mine). Great recreation...and I love your jeans!

--------------------
- ChildofMusic

"Music is one of the fairest and most glorious gifts of God." -Martin Luther

Posts: 231 | From: Somewhere up in Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snoozn
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snoozn   E-mail snoozn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I did indeed remember all the photos being recreated. I am going with Aimee Evilpixie due to the effort and also the fact that I would be the same superhero, were I in fact a superhero. And Satanshobbit, you may be interested to know the other book she is holding is called "The Happy Hooker" (it's about crocheting--what did you think?!)

snoozn

Posts: 423 | From: Colorado | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Aimee Evilpixie
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aimee Evilpixie   Author's Homepage   E-mail Aimee Evilpixie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I like FrogFeathers. Flashers are funny.

And ChildOfMusic, those are actually pajama pants i got for Christmas from my mom. I thought about putting on jeans, but stretchy pants seemed more ninja-y.

--------------------
Ugg want you find JESUS!

My website!

Posts: 1853 | From: Washington (The State) | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chillas     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Aimee Evilpixie

--------------------
Come on, come on - spin a little tighter
Come on, come on - and the world's a little brighter

Posts: 5595 | From: Columbus, OH : The Soccer Capital of America | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Andrew of Ware, England
A-Ware in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andrew of Ware, England   Author's Homepage   E-mail Andrew of Ware, England   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
After much deliberation (as usual) I am going for BrianB. However, unlike Eve, I am not tempted to rub his belly.

--------------------
Andrew, Ware, England

Posts: 1709 | From: Ware, England | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brillo Bee
Wii Three Kings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brillo Bee     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
BrianB -- too, too funny. I almost redid this one myself with my parents' schnauzers, but yours is better!

Bee

--------------------
People do not wish to appear foolish; to avoid the appearance of foolishness, they are willing to remain actually fools. -Alice Walker

Posts: 335 | From: Minnesota | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Diesa
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diesa   Author's Homepage   E-mail Diesa   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Aimee Evilpixie
Posts: 21 | From: Leland, NC | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BrianB
Happy Holly Days

Icon 37 posted      Profile for BrianB   E-mail BrianB   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Anyway, in one of the early rounds, 'Fear' PixieChic snapped her older daughter being eaten by Elmo.

That picture was my original choice to redo. That Elmo would make me scream too. [Eek!]
As always, a very touch choice among many excellent entries. My vote goes to Aimee Evilpixie, with honorable mentions to Eve MG and SatansHobbit.
quote:
Originally posted by Eve MG:
Well I must vote for BrianB after that wonderful tribute!! I have a sudden desire to scratch your belly now...

[Embarrassed]
quote:
After much deliberation (as usual) I am going for BrianB. However, unlike Eve, I am not tempted to rub his belly.

- [Wink]
Brian

--------------------
"Dear Big Foot Smellers: Please don't quote me on some of this information." John F. Winston

Posts: 1707 | From: Camarillo, CA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FuzzDuckie
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FuzzDuckie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
BrianB

A nice twist on recreating a pic hehe

--------------------
Clever Waste of Time Invasion IV
An unique Riddle adventure.
PM me for more info. I'm on Brain Candy.
Purple Hell- Riddle Tools

Posts: 1551 | From: Georgia | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kitoboo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitoboo   E-mail kitoboo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
BrianB

Honorable mentions to Aimee Evilpixie and Pixiechic.

-kitoboo

Posts: 399 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SantasHobbit
Frosty the Salesman

And the voting time is up:

The results are:
  • Aimee Evilpixie - 7
  • Brian B - 7
  • Artemis - 2
  • Pixiechic - 2
  • Andrew of Ware - 1
  • Frog Feathers - 1

However, Brian B posted his entry first and so becomes the worthy winner of 24 hour photo challenge 48.

So Brian B and his scratchable belly will set the next challenge and since all the entrants, except Zamboni_Rodeo and Nonny Mouse(???), seem to have made it over, will get to be be first to fill in that space that says "Never" in the Urban legends contest forum over there--->

See ya's on the Dark Side.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages