snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Diversions » Urban Legends Contest #7 » 24 Hour Photo Challenge 47 - im in ur X, Ying ur Z (Page 0)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 24 Hour Photo Challenge 47 - im in ur X, Ying ur Z
frogpond
Jingle Sales

Icon 08 posted      Profile for frogpond   E-mail frogpond   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr. Furious, for Beer Cat.

--------------------
So many books, so little time.

Posts: 1192 | From: McDonough, Georgia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Andrew of Ware, England
A-Ware in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andrew of Ware, England   Author's Homepage   E-mail Andrew of Ware, England   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, dear. I just don't know who to vote for. Anyone could get it. However, I am going for SatansHobbit. As well as being an excellent photograph, but the dog's expression is exactly the same as his master's - or his SatansHobbit's expression the same as his dog's?

(Can I also single out JayTea for a quite delightful photograph?)

--------------------
Andrew, Ware, England

Posts: 1709 | From: Ware, England | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pixiechic
Here We Come A-Mall Crawling

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixiechic   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pixiechic   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This was, as usual, tough to pick just one. My vote this round goes to SatansHobbit. The dog and master are just too cute!

Pixie"I need to get a dog and teach it to drive"chic

--------------------
Pixiechic's MySpace page
Our Homepage

Posts: 381 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ToadMagnet
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ToadMagnet   E-mail ToadMagnet   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, the cuteness, it overwhelms me!

SatansHobbit made me giggle.

--------------------
Listen ... it's Mellow!

Posts: 927 | From: Virginia | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tootsie Plunkette
Buy a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella

Icon 501 posted      Profile for Tootsie Plunkette   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wicked Tinkerbell

--------------------
--Tootsie

Posts: 5017 | From: Greater Seattle | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tribrats
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tribrats   Author's Homepage   E-mail tribrats   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
JayTea

His looks the most guilty.

--------------------
Snopes is moving! Here's snopes' announcement.
Come here to re-register!

Posts: 2448 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
nurple
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nurple   Author's Homepage   E-mail nurple   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr. Furious

--------------------
"You better respect the Rap or the Rap won't respect you." Ledatru

Posts: 1141 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr. Furious.

They were all great- but a drunk cat is a fun cat. Just make sure he's got SatansHobbit's dog to drive him home.

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kitoboo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitoboo   E-mail kitoboo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
What a gorgeous group of pets!

SatansHobbit because that little doggie seems so intent on getting everyone home safely.

-kitoboo

Posts: 399 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
tribrats for incorporating an old wives' tale/urban legend.

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SantasHobbit
Frosty the Salesman

Icon 214 posted      Profile for SantasHobbit     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I really liked Frog_Feathers' and Nurple's pictures, (it's a small dog thing), but I have to vote for tribrats. That cat has strangler's paws.

--------------------
Angsty little hobbitssssses

Posts: 336 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FuzzDuckie
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FuzzDuckie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Donovan Ravenhull because he made me miss my Orange Boys- his looks a lot like Bailey...

The Beer Cat came a close second.

--------------------
Clever Waste of Time Invasion IV
An unique Riddle adventure.
PM me for more info. I'm on Brain Candy.
Purple Hell- Riddle Tools

Posts: 1551 | From: Georgia | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snoozn
Deck the Malls

Icon 503 posted      Profile for snoozn   E-mail snoozn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think I'm almost recovered from cute animal overload. These are all great and it was really really realllllllly hard to pick just one. I am going with Aimee Evilpixie's underbed cat. The expression makes me think I would just leave my slippers there rather than risk that cat's wrath.

snoozn

Posts: 423 | From: Colorado | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Aimee Evilpixie
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Aimee Evilpixie   Author's Homepage   E-mail Aimee Evilpixie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snoozn:
I think I'm almost recovered from cute animal overload. These are all great and it was really really realllllllly hard to pick just one. I am going with Aimee Evilpixie's underbed cat. The expression makes me think I would just leave my slippers there rather than risk that cat's wrath.

snoozn

The best part was that I looked under there and saw his slippers, told him they were under there, and then when he went to look under the bed, Glico ran in past him and curled up next to them. I said something to the effect of, "Holy crap, keep her there!" and ran for the camera.

If she hadn't done that, the entry would have been, "im on ur sidebaord, guardin ur oranges."

--------------------
Ugg want you find JESUS!

My website!

Posts: 1853 | From: Washington (The State) | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Wicked Tinkerbell
Hock Harold Angel's Bling

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wicked Tinkerbell   E-mail Wicked Tinkerbell   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This is a tough one...
Tootsie

I live with two cats who have a thing for the tub.

--------------------
"I'm not Irish, I'm Celtic. The difference? Celts cut off your head and put it on their door lintel." --Aimee Evilpixie
"People are bastard-covered bastards with bastard filling."--Scrubs

Posts: 269 | From: Oregon | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LeaflessMapleTree
The twelve shopping days 'til Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeaflessMapleTree   E-mail LeaflessMapleTree   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr. Furious, because - cat - beer - [Big Grin]

--------------------
"For me, religion is like a rhinoceros: I don't have one, and I'd really prefer not to be trampled by yours. But it is impressive, and even beautiful, and, to be honest, the world would be slightly worse off if there weren't any."
-Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 3239 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dear Babby
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dear Babby     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Very hard to choose just one but I'll go for JayTea.
Posts: 326 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
jw
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jw     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Aimee
Too many other cute entries to mention.

--------------------
On my old guitar sell tickets, so someone can finally pick it.

Posts: 799 | From: Dublin, Ireland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
glass papaya
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glass papaya   E-mail glass papaya   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow, so hard to pick just one. I will go with Aimee and her cat under the bed.
Posts: 544 | From: Onalaska, WI | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zamboni_Rodeo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zamboni_Rodeo     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr. Furious

--------------------
Where's the challenge in wassailing at Christmas? The place is lousy with wassail!

Posts: 232 | From: Raleigh, NC | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Eve MG
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eve MG   Author's Homepage   E-mail Eve MG   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It looks like it's been well over 24 hours, and no one has come in to call time and announce the winner.

By my count, Mr. Furious wins with 6 votes. SantasHobbit was a close second place with four votes. Anyone want to double-check my numbers? I hesitate to make the "official" announcement since I didn't start the contest.

--------------------
I love dairy! Does that mean I can't be a vegan?

Posts: 1569 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snoozn
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snoozn   E-mail snoozn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry I'm late! I'm sure Eve's right, but I will double-check in a sec just to be sure. It's been a hectic day of last minute shopping and driving the kids around. I put the tags on the photos last night and reposted them here. I hope you enjoy them.

snoozn

edited part: yes indeed, Mr. Furious is our official winner with 6 votes. SatansHobbit came in second with 4 and Aimee Evilpixie third with 3. At least I'm pretty sure. Thanks for entering everyone.

Posts: 423 | From: Colorado | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tribrats
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tribrats   Author's Homepage   E-mail tribrats   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Congrats Mr. Furious!

Well done snoozn!

--------------------
Snopes is moving! Here's snopes' announcement.
Come here to re-register!

Posts: 2448 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Squishy0405
Wii Wiish You A Merry Chriistmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Squishy0405   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squishy0405   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I took some pics for this round but my battery was dead so no upload [Frown]

I think they were crappy anyways! lol

--------------------
"Fate is like a strange, unpopular resturant, filled with odd waiters who bring you things you never ask for and don't always like."-Lemony Snicket

Posts: 1119 | From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Artemis
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Artemis   E-mail Artemis   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Anyone heard from Mr. Furious lately?

--------------------
"You can't play Electro-magnetic Golf according to the rules of Centrifugal Bumble Puppy."
-Mustapha Mond, "Brave New World"

Posts: 679 | From: New York | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Eve MG
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eve MG   Author's Homepage   E-mail Eve MG   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
He was on the board about 24 hours ago, I will PM him.

He's probably doing some crazy thing like spending time with his family.

--------------------

Posts: 1569 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
nurple
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nurple   Author's Homepage   E-mail nurple   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Spending time with his family?! The hell? He needs to get his priorities in order! [lol]

--------------------
"You better respect the Rap or the Rap won't respect you." Ledatru

Posts: 1141 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snoozn
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snoozn   E-mail snoozn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oops, didn't realize I'd received a PM from Mr. Furious. He's going out of town and won't be able to post a new contest. He requests that the second place winner take his place...so congrats to our new winner: SatansHobbit! (I will PM him in case he doesn't check back here).

snoozn

SantasHobbit
Frosty the Salesman

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantasHobbit     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Um...6.30am here, and this post is accompanied by the joyous sound of four kids excitedly ripping open presents in the background.

I'm going to be tied up for a few hours at least, and MrsHobbit is giving me a "It's Xmas morning, get off the PC and start erecting presents" look. Then Xmas brekkie, Xmas lunch, and Xmas dinner at three different places so I'm going to be awfully busy today.

Anybody object to a 24 hour hiatus, to get 25th December out of the way? I think a lot of us would be in the same boat today, and unable to enter a contest even if we wanted to.

I'll check back in a couple of hours for opinions. I'm going to boot the kids off the Wii for a little while, it's Daddy's turn.

No I won't, the board is down for maintenance... [Frown]

(4 hours later) Now it's up again [Smile] , but I'm going out for lunch.

I've no objections to anyone else setting a topic, especially anybody who feels they have a good idea for a challenge, but haven't had a chance to set a subject yet.

Your call people, I'm totally fine with anything you come up with, and Merry Christmas to all snopesters.

--------------------
Angsty little hobbitssssses

Posts: 336 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pixiechic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixiechic   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pixiechic   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've no objection...It won't be Christmas for me until tomorrow. [Smile] I'm not going anywhere however so I think I can manage a picture if I have an idea!

Pixie"is looking forward to her own kids ripping into packages tomorrow morning"chic

--------------------
Pixiechic's MySpace page
Our Homepage

Posts: 381 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Eve MG
Happy Holly Days

I don't mind waiting either... like you said, we'll all be busy anyway.

--------------------

Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't mind waiting either. If anyone does mind, I can always dredge up the picture I had ready in case of winning the last contest, but not unless I'm asked to.

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LeaflessMapleTree
The twelve shopping days 'til Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeaflessMapleTree   E-mail LeaflessMapleTree   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My house has a distinct lack of Christmas cheer today. All the stores are closed...and it's not like Santa brought me any money to go see a movie or anything. I'm bored out of my skull. And to top it all off, Snopes is dead today, 'cause everyone else is off celebrating Christmas.

In one week I go from "Yay! My holiday comes first!" to "Aww...No Christmas"

My point? I mind waiting [Frown] But wait I shall. And then I will photo-it-up with a vengeance.

--------------------
"For me, religion is like a rhinoceros: I don't have one, and I'd really prefer not to be trampled by yours. But it is impressive, and even beautiful, and, to be honest, the world would be slightly worse off if there weren't any."
-Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 3239 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pixiechic

*gives hugs to MapleLeaf* Aww honey I'm sorry you're bored today. I'm eagerly awaiting the next challenge, especially now that all the gifts are opened and put together or whatever and my kidlets are going to bed.

Pixie"hugs all around for Christmas (or whichever holiday you happen to celebrate)*chic

--------------------
Pixiechic's MySpace page
Our Homepage

Artemis
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Artemis   E-mail Artemis   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Awww, Maple. I'm in your boat, not celebratin' the Christmas either. I was away for most of today, though...but now that I'm back, I'm jonesing for a new Photo Challenge.

--------------------
"You can't play Electro-magnetic Golf according to the rules of Centrifugal Bumble Puppy."
-Mustapha Mond, "Brave New World"

Posts: 679 | From: New York | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages