snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Diversions » Urban Legends Contest #7 » 24 Hour Photo Challenge Round 45 - Your Animal Nature

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 24 Hour Photo Challenge Round 45 - Your Animal Nature
Cervus
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Do you like to monkey around? Do you eat like a bird? Are you a tiger in bed? Show off your animal nature!

I am the Walrus.

Subfolder

Slideshow

Rules:

- Posters have 24 hours from the post that sets the new challenge to submit their pictures to the thread.
- Voting will then start, continuing for another 24 hours.
- After those 24 hours, the votes will be counted, and the winner issues the next challenge.
- All pictures must be taken specifically for this thread.
- One entry per person per round.
- Once you have posted a pic, you cannot change it.
- The first person to post a pic (not including the person who set the challenge) automatically gets one bonus vote.
- One vote per person.
- You can't vote for yourself.
- You do not have to have entered a picture to vote for the winner.
- Votes must be posted in bold. If quoting someone else, please edit out bold tags, to avoid confusion. Please do not put any other text in bold.
- In the event of a tie, the person who posted their picture first wins.
- Votes are cast for the content of a picture, not picture quality or photographic skills. Vote for originality, effort and comedy.
- Be honest. If the challenge is to have a picture taken with a dog that is not yours, then don't take a picture with your dog. You're only cheating yourself.
- No Photoshopping or editing of any kind. You can reduce the size of your pictures, but no cropping or anything else. The photos must be as you took them.
- This is the Photobucket page for this competition. The name is "snopesphoto", and the password is "snopes". Visit here and upload the picture to the appropriate subfolder, putting your name in the "description" field. Provide a direct link to the photo in your post.
- Be careful when choosing a filename for your photo, before uploading it. 2 photos with the same name in the same folder can cause problems with Photobucket. It's suggested that you save the photo with a filename that is a combination of the challenge name and your name. So, if your name is "Discogal" and the challenge is "take a picture with a dog that is not yours", then "Disconotmydog" would be a good filename.
- The winner, once they have set the new challenge, will create a new subfolder, obviously titled.
- The winner will set the new challenge in a new thread, which is to be titled "24 Hour Photo Challenge", and which is to contain the name of the new challenge and the round number.
- These rules are to be pasted into the first post of the new challenge.
- The first post should also contain a direct link to the new subfolder, and one to the slideshow for that subfolder ("http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m288/snopesphoto/NAME OF SUBFOLDER/?action=view&slideshow=true" Note, this url, as written will not work, as it contains spaces. Where there are spaces in the "name of subfolder" space, replace them with "%20").

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pixiechic
Here We Come A-Mall Crawling

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixiechic   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pixiechic   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I love that my animal nature is also a deadly sin! Here I am in all my sloth-like glory.

Pixie"zzzzzz"chic

--------------------
Pixiechic's MySpace page
Our Homepage

Posts: 381 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I hate to brag, but I have a great rack.

Frog-and a mild case of bedhead-Feathers

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Woofer
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 204 posted      Profile for Woofer   Author's Homepage   E-mail Woofer   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My name reveals my animal nature, but I've recently had a disturbing revelation about Mr. Woofer.

--------------------
Like men riding dragons throwing wolves at maggots.

Posts: 204 | From: Florida | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
going slightly mad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for going slightly mad   E-mail going slightly mad   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Woofer:
My name reveals my animal nature, but I've recently had a disturbing revelation about Mr. Woofer.

I'm so sorry for you Woofer, that must have come as such a shock! But don't give up yet, perhaps with relationship counceling you can still make it work ? It may feel like it for you at the moment but a cat/dog relationship really isn't the end of the world.

[Wink]

--------------------
Don't warn the tadpoles!

Posts: 109 | From: Vienna | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Only 6 hours left and so far we only have 3 eligible contestants. Might be a close vote here!

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Aimee Evilpixie
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Aimee Evilpixie   Author's Homepage   E-mail Aimee Evilpixie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You know, I always thought I was a feline, but I realized that, what with my love of shiny things, I'm possibly closer to a magpie.

(You can't see it in the picture, but I'm actually wearing a shirt that says, "Likes Shiny Things" in silver glitter-glue.)

--------------------
Ugg want you find JESUS!

My website!

Posts: 1853 | From: Washington (The State) | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
frogpond
Jingle Sales

Icon 08 posted      Profile for frogpond   E-mail frogpond   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
By now my amphibious nature should be obvious.

I'm having fun with my birthday/christmas present to me - a digital camera, hurrah!

--------------------
So many books, so little time.

Posts: 1192 | From: McDonough, Georgia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Artemis
The First USA Noel

Icon 502 posted      Profile for Artemis   E-mail Artemis   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Here are my gazelle legs.

--------------------
"You can't play Electro-magnetic Golf according to the rules of Centrifugal Bumble Puppy."
-Mustapha Mond, "Brave New World"

Posts: 679 | From: New York | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus

OK, time's up. Cast your votes!

Pixiechic gets a vote for being first.

frogpond gets my vote just because I like frogs. [Wink]

--------------------

Artemis
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Artemis   E-mail Artemis   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Pixiechic. I can totally relate! [Smile]

--------------------
"You can't play Electro-magnetic Golf according to the rules of Centrifugal Bumble Puppy."
-Mustapha Mond, "Brave New World"

Posts: 679 | From: New York | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Aimee Evilpixie. I like sparklies and shinies!

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Woofer.

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brillo Bee
Wii Three Kings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brillo Bee     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
FrogFeathers, because I'm a sucker for a nice pair of... I mean a rack.... ummm, nevermind. [Big Grin] Actually, it's because while I was expecting something antler-related, when I saw how you made the antlers, it made me laugh out loud.

Bee

--------------------
People do not wish to appear foolish; to avoid the appearance of foolishness, they are willing to remain actually fools. -Alice Walker

Posts: 335 | From: Minnesota | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pixiechic
Here We Come A-Mall Crawling

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixiechic   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pixiechic   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My vote this round goes to Aimee Evilpixie because I too love shiny things and because she is just so darned cute!

Pixie"plus her name reminds me of someone else I know"chic

--------------------
Pixiechic's MySpace page
Our Homepage

Posts: 381 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Woofer

Icon 604 posted      Profile for Woofer   Author's Homepage   E-mail Woofer   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Aimee Evilpixie. I, too, get distracted by... oh, look, something shiny!

--------------------

Posts: 204 | From: Florida | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Aimee Evilpixie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aimee Evilpixie   Author's Homepage   E-mail Aimee Evilpixie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mine goes to FrogFeathers, because that is indeed a nice rack.

--------------------
Ugg want you find JESUS!

My website!

Posts: 1853 | From: Washington (The State) | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
frogpond
Jingle Sales

Icon 08 posted      Profile for frogpond   E-mail frogpond   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Frog_Feathers, for funniest wordplay (plus frogs gotta stick together).

--------------------
So many books, so little time.

Posts: 1192 | From: McDonough, Georgia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dear Babby
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dear Babby     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Woofer. The kitty looked so funny poking out of the robe with that expression.

Although I would love to have gazelle legs like Artemis.

Posts: 326 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kjbrasda
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kjbrasda   Author's Homepage   E-mail kjbrasda   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
FrogFeathers, v.nice [lol]

I'm gonna try get back into these contests after Christmas, when I may or may not have a new digital camera that takes decent pics ^_^ Hubby is being rather mysterious...

--------------------
"Long ago, when we all lived in the forest..."
Who are you? Who? Who?

Posts: 1587 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kjbrasda
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kjbrasda   Author's Homepage   E-mail kjbrasda   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
oops, I forgot to bold my vote for FrogFeathers (and I passed the time limit on editing, d'oh)

--------------------
"Long ago, when we all lived in the forest..."
Who are you? Who? Who?

Posts: 1587 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Andrew of Ware, England
A-Ware in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andrew of Ware, England   Author's Homepage   E-mail Andrew of Ware, England   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry I couldn't enter this time - I was just too busy on Sunday. Anyway, I will vote for Woofer because of the cat's expression. I don't know if the picture is meant to have an 'Alian' reference, but that's the way I took it!

--------------------
Andrew, Ware, England

Posts: 1709 | From: Ware, England | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You know, by positioning the fingers just so, that rack can go from deer to moose in a matter of seconds. [Big Grin]

I'm voting for Artemis. Gazelles have nice racks too.

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
jw
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jw     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dammit!...I thought I was tuned in when I took this Rabbit ears photo, but I misread the clock last night by 12 hours, when I looked in to see if there was a new challenge up. Anyways moving along, I vote for Aimee

--------------------
On my old guitar sell tickets, so someone can finally pick it.

Posts: 799 | From: Dublin, Ireland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Phaedra
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phaedra   E-mail Phaedra   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Lovely picture Aimee Evilpixie. My vote goes to you [Smile]
Posts: 589 | From: Oxfordshire, UK | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Giselle

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Giselle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Woofer gets my vote.

--------------------
Ralphie, get off the stage sweetheart.

Posts: 2041 | From: Yuba City, California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
glass papaya
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glass papaya   E-mail glass papaya   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Woofer

That cat! That cat!

Posts: 544 | From: Onalaska, WI | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zamboni_Rodeo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zamboni_Rodeo     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Woofer

--------------------
Where's the challenge in wassailing at Christmas? The place is lousy with wassail!

Posts: 232 | From: Raleigh, NC | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kitoboo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitoboo   E-mail kitoboo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Woofer

-----

Posts: 399 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus

And...Woofer is the winner with 7 votes. Congratulations!

--------------------

Woofer

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Woofer   Author's Homepage   E-mail Woofer   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks guys, and special thanks to Mr. Woofer and Cuthberta. Indeed, Andrew of Ware, we were going for the Alien reference. Cuthberta complied nicely with a giant yawn at the perfect moment. Thanks, goingslightlymad. We're hoping we can continue to make this mixed marriage work.

Hrm, now to set the next challenge.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages