snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Diversions » Urban Legends Contest #7 » 24 Hour Photo Challenge - 38 - Waxing Lyrical (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 24 Hour Photo Challenge - 38 - Waxing Lyrical
Giselle
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Giselle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
FrogFeathers because seeing it written down made me lose it.

--------------------
Ralphie, get off the stage sweetheart.

Posts: 2041 | From: Yuba City, California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ToadMagnet
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ToadMagnet   E-mail ToadMagnet   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
FrogFeathers. Despite its accompanying earworm.

Several others made me laugh, too, and I love SatansHobbit's.

Toad"We should get 3 votes each"Magnet

--------------------
Listen ... it's Mellow!

Posts: 927 | From: Virginia | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brillo Bee
Wii Three Kings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brillo Bee     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Zamboni_Rodeo

OT:
Am I the only one with some kind of weird board time issue? The post times are not correct as far as I can see. I haven't been participating in the contest because I keep getting confused about the end time. I checked my board preferences and the time is right there, and both my home and work computer clocks are right. Is there a fix?

ET make it clearer.

Bee

--------------------
People do not wish to appear foolish; to avoid the appearance of foolishness, they are willing to remain actually fools. -Alice Walker

Posts: 335 | From: Minnesota | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tootsie Plunkette
Buy a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tootsie Plunkette   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Tam

--------------------
--Tootsie

Posts: 5017 | From: Greater Seattle | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NancyFancyPants
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NancyFancyPants     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm so bummed. I wanted to do "Benny and the Jets" ("She's got electric boobs") but I had choir practice and couldn't get to it!

Anyway, my vote goes to Tam. That one made me laugh out loud.

--------------------
And on the 7th day, God said, "Let there be lips!"

Posts: 296 | From: Munhall, PA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chillas     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow, tough call. Honorable mention to Tam from me, but I've also got to vote Frog_Feathers.

--------------------
Come on, come on - spin a little tighter
Come on, come on - and the world's a little brighter

Posts: 5595 | From: Columbus, OH : The Soccer Capital of America | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tam
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tam   E-mail Tam   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Frog_Feathers [Smile]

- Tam

--------------------
"I just grabbed a teddy bear, a little princess crown, and stuck my thumb in my mouth. Now I feel kinda silly." - ChildofMusic

Posts: 129 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Eve MG. That ferret elf is the cutest damn thing....

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Eve MG
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eve MG   Author's Homepage   E-mail Eve MG   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks, 4K!

Nancy, don't forget to bold your entry, that makes it easier on the person counting up the votes! If you don't know how, go to "Full Reply Form", and just click "Bold" underneath the reply box.

BrilloBee, have you seen snopes' announcement about the time change? I had to adjust my time from -5 to 1. It looked right when I went to my profile, but it didn't actually fix till I changed the number.

--------------------
I love dairy! Does that mean I can't be a vegan?

Posts: 1569 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seaboe Muffinchucker
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Seaboe Muffinchucker     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I am sooo disappointed that Satan's Hobbit didn't do "walking in my winter underwear." [Frown]

[Wink]

Seaboe

--------------------
Education is not the filling of a hard drive, but the lighting of a bulb. -- Yeats via Esprise Me

Posts: 5562 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brillo Bee
Wii Three Kings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brillo Bee     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks EveMG, I thought I had checked but I guess I missed the announcement. And when I checked my profile I just saw that it was -6 hours as usual and figured it was OK. Whoops!

Bee

--------------------
People do not wish to appear foolish; to avoid the appearance of foolishness, they are willing to remain actually fools. -Alice Walker

Posts: 335 | From: Minnesota | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pixiechic
Here We Come A-Mall Crawling

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixiechic   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pixiechic   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker:
I am sooo disappointed that Satan's Hobbit didn't do "walking in my winter underwear." [Frown]

[Wink]

Seaboe

He could have done the parody "walking round in women's underwear" but we've already seen pictures of him like that [Big Grin]

Pixie"I know what to get SatansHobbit for Christmas"chic

--------------------
Pixiechic's MySpace page
Our Homepage

Posts: 381 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eve MG:
Frog_Feathers because I like her "to-do" list, and she quoted a band I like and a mondegreen from a tv show I like. (Dharma and Greg - that was the first time I heard the "part of every day" lyric.)

It was the TV show that made me realize I was wrong. [lol]

I didn't have that whole logic to go with it that Greg did- but I always thought it was kind of a stupid line in the song till I learned what they were really saying.
[fish]

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Artemis
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Artemis   E-mail Artemis   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Aimee_Evilpixie

--------------------
"You can't play Electro-magnetic Golf according to the rules of Centrifugal Bumble Puppy."
-Mustapha Mond, "Brave New World"

Posts: 679 | From: New York | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seaboe Muffinchucker

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Seaboe Muffinchucker     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pixiechic:
quote:
I am sooo disappointed that Satan's Hobbit didn't do "walking in my winter underwear."

He could have done the parody "walking round in women's underwear" but we've already seen pictures of him like that.
I was actually thinking he could use all four kids in winter underwear.

Seaboe

--------------------
Education is not the filling of a hard drive, but the lighting of a bulb. -- Yeats via Esprise Me

Posts: 5562 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NorthernLite
We Three Blings

Icon 602 posted      Profile for NorthernLite     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Since SatansHobbit and his younguns live in Australia would they even have winter underwear.

My vote goes to Frog_Feathers . I can't even think of that song with out thinking the wrong words.

--------------------
You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons. -Blazing Saddles

Posts: 1074 | From: High Level, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seaboe Muffinchucker

NorthernLite, they do get snow (and cold temps) in Australia. I mean, I think you can even ski somewhere down in the south (on a very short mountain).

Seaboe

--------------------

jw
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jw     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This place gets plenty of winter snow, but it is the summer season in Australia now.

--------------------
On my old guitar sell tickets, so someone can finally pick it.

Posts: 799 | From: Dublin, Ireland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Adelaide
Remembrances of Things Bass

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adelaide   E-mail Adelaide   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
jw

--------------------
Natural selection is a beguiling counterfeiter of deliberate purpose. - Richard Dawkins

Posts: 620 | From: Alaska | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NorthernLite
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorthernLite     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
NorthernLite, they do get snow (and cold temps) in Australia. I mean, I think you can even ski somewhere down in the south (on a very short mountain).

Seaboe

True, I know Australia gets snow but the Hobbits live in Perth where the mean daily temperature is above 15C. Besides, I was making a funny (Obviously not succesfully)

--------------------
You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons. -Blazing Saddles

Posts: 1074 | From: High Level, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seaboe Muffinchucker

quote:
Originally posted by jw:
This place gets plenty of winter snow, but it is the summer season in Australia now.

What's the elevation? Vertical drop? I couldn't see that on the website.

Seaboe

--------------------

SantasHobbit
Frosty the Salesman

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantasHobbit     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
But Thredbo is on the other side of the continent. We get very, very little snow here in W.A., and it's a newsworthy event when we do.

Winter underwear??? NorthernLite's right, we don't need no steeenking winter underwear.

--------------------
Angsty little hobbitssssses

Posts: 336 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AmISalmon
Deck the Malls

Icon 602 posted      Profile for AmISalmon     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It's so hard to decide for this one. I particularly liked how well kmcm's fit the lyrics (once I looked them up) and Aimee Evilpixie's had every element in the picture. After looking through them all again for the umpteeth time I'm going to go with Eve MG's frosty ferret elf.

--------------------
That Psammead, That Psammead, I do not like that Psammead.

Posts: 234 | From: Calgary, AB, Canada | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kitoboo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitoboo   E-mail kitoboo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
jw

---

Posts: 399 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AmISalmon
Deck the Malls

Icon 105 posted      Profile for AmISalmon     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well I'm a little late in, but I have totalled up the votes and we have:

kmcm, Adelaide, SatansHobbit and Aimee Evilpixie with one vote apiece.
Pixiechic with two.
jw and Eve MG with three votes.
Tam and Zamboni_Rodeo with four.
But streaking into the lead with seven votes we have our winner, Frog_Feathers.

Congratulations and over to you.

--------------------
That Psammead, That Psammead, I do not like that Psammead.

Posts: 234 | From: Calgary, AB, Canada | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SantasHobbit
Frosty the Salesman

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantasHobbit     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Congratulations Frog_Feathers, yours are among the entries I always eagerly click on to see; "What's she done this time?" I'm never disappointed [Smile]

All hail our beplumed amphibian queen.

Edditted beecors aye carnt spel propperlee

--------------------
Angsty little hobbitssssses

Posts: 336 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Aw, thanks! That made my day, SH. [Big Grin]

"Amphibian Queen"... didn't Billy Ocean sing that? [lol]

I'll get the new challenge up later- when it gets light out- its just now 4 AM here.

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages