snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Diversions » Urban Legends Contest #7 » 24 Hour Photo Challenge - 37 - What would you do for a million bucks? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 24 Hour Photo Challenge - 37 - What would you do for a million bucks?
LeaflessMapleTree
The twelve shopping days 'til Christmas

Icon 605 posted      Profile for LeaflessMapleTree   E-mail LeaflessMapleTree   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Okay everyone! Challenge 37 asks you to show us what you would do to get your hands on a million bucks.

Of course, to get my hands on a million bucks, all I would do is touch the screen

Subfolder

Slideshow

Rules:

Posters have 24 hours from the post that sets the new challenge to submit their pictures to the thread.
Voting will then start, continuing for another 24 hours.
After those 24 hours, the votes will be counted, and the winner issues the next challenge.
All pictures must be taken specifically for this thread.
One entry per person per round.
Once you have posted a pic, you cannot change it.
The first person to post a pic (not including the person who set the challenge) automatically gets one bonus vote.
One vote per person.
You can't vote for yourself.
You do not have to have entered a picture to vote for the winner.
Votes must be posted in bold. If quoting someone else, please edit out bold tags, to avoid confusion. Please do not put any other text in bold.
In the event of a tie, the person who posted their picture first wins.
Votes are cast for the content of a picture, not picture quality or photographic skills. Vote for originality, effort and comedy.
Be honest. If the challenge is to have a picture taken with a dog that is not yours, then don't take a picture with your dog. You're only cheating yourself.
No Photoshopping or editing of any kind. You can reduce the size of your pictures, but no cropping or anything else. The photos must be as you took them.
This is the Photobucket page for this competition. The name is "snopesphoto", and the password is "snopes". Visit here and upload the picture to the appropriate subfolder, putting your name in the "description" field. Provide a direct link to the photo in your post.
Be careful when choosing a filename for your photo, before uploading it. 2 photos with the same name in the same folder can cause problems with Photobucket. It's suggested that you save the photo with a filename that is a combination of the challenge name and your name. So, if your name is "Discogal" and the challenge is "take a picture with a dog that is not yours", then "Disconotmydog" would be a good filename.
The winner, once they have set the new challenge, will create a new subfolder, obviously titled.
The winner will set the new challenge in a new thread, which is to be titled "24 Hour Photo Challenge", and which is to contain the name of the new challenge and the round number.
These rules are to be pasted into the first post of the new challenge.
The first post should also contain a direct link to the new subfolder, and one to the slideshow for that subfolder ("http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m288/snopesphoto/NAME OF SUBFOLDER/?action=view&slideshow=true" Note, this url, as written will not work, as it contains spaces. Where there are spaces in the "name of subfolder" space, replace them with "%20").

--------------------
"For me, religion is like a rhinoceros: I don't have one, and I'd really prefer not to be trampled by yours. But it is impressive, and even beautiful, and, to be honest, the world would be slightly worse off if there weren't any."
-Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 3239 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Artemis
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Artemis   E-mail Artemis   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I would throw out my cell phone... damned thing charges way too much for minutes...

--------------------
"You can't play Electro-magnetic Golf according to the rules of Centrifugal Bumble Puppy."
-Mustapha Mond, "Brave New World"

Posts: 679 | From: New York | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LeaflessMapleTree

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeaflessMapleTree   E-mail LeaflessMapleTree   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That looks like my floor. And my model of cell phone. Artemis, what the hell are you doing in my house???

--------------------
"For me, religion is like a rhinoceros: I don't have one, and I'd really prefer not to be trampled by yours. But it is impressive, and even beautiful, and, to be honest, the world would be slightly worse off if there weren't any."
-Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 3239 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Artemis
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Artemis   E-mail Artemis   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Shhh. It will all be over soon.

Besides, I'm saving you lots of money on your cell phone bill.

--------------------
"You can't play Electro-magnetic Golf according to the rules of Centrifugal Bumble Puppy."

Posts: 679 | From: New York | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd advertise my favorite website, just like someone we've all heard of before.

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Pikey Snow Queen
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Pikey Snow Queen   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Bleurrgghh, where's my toothpaste!

--------------------
Brosandi. Hendumst hringi
Hldumst hendur
Allur heimurinn skr
Nema stendur

Posts: 694 | From: York, UK | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SantasHobbit
Frosty the Salesman

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantasHobbit     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have a cunning plan.

Might take a while though...

--------------------
Angsty little hobbitssssses

Posts: 336 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Pikey Snow Queen
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Pikey Snow Queen   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SatansHobbit:
I have a cunning plan.

Might take a while though...

Hehe, reminds me of Blackadder.

--------------------
Brosandi. Hendumst hringi
Hldumst hendur
Allur heimurinn skr
Nema stendur

Posts: 694 | From: York, UK | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Andrew of Ware, England
A-Ware in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andrew of Ware, England   Author's Homepage   E-mail Andrew of Ware, England   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll sell my story to the press

--------------------
Andrew, Ware, England

Posts: 1709 | From: Ware, England | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pixiechic
Here We Come A-Mall Crawling

Icon 605 posted      Profile for Pixiechic   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pixiechic   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
For a million bucks? I'd do a dirty movie.

Pixie"time for a bath!"chic

--------------------
Pixiechic's MySpace page
Our Homepage

Posts: 381 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
jw
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jw     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
For a million $, even I would have slept with Redford!

ETA: To edit photo name, so that my name appeared on the photo, as photobucket does not like two photos in the same album with the same name.

--------------------
On my old guitar sell tickets, so someone can finally pick it.

Posts: 799 | From: Dublin, Ireland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kitoboo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitoboo   E-mail kitoboo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I had to think about this one so I made a list.

-kitoboo

Posts: 399 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
going slightly mad
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for going slightly mad   E-mail going slightly mad   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You all know the age old story, a girl coin meets a boy coin and they fall in love and then, nine months later....well, I have decided to help the process along and play matchmaker.

--------------------
Don't warn the tadpoles!

Posts: 109 | From: Vienna | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LeaflessMapleTree

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeaflessMapleTree   E-mail LeaflessMapleTree   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
1 hour to go! Great stuff everyone [Smile]

--------------------
-Silas Sparkhammer

AmISalmon
Deck the Malls

Icon 602 posted      Profile for AmISalmon     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I would start a home business. Only 9999988 to go.

--------------------
That Psammead, That Psammead, I do not like that Psammead.

Posts: 234 | From: Calgary, AB, Canada | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LeaflessMapleTree

Alright! The lines are now open for voting. Artemis gets one vote for being first, and going slightly mad gets one for the novel concept that coin people can give birth to money [Big Grin] . Honorable mention to both pixiechic and SatansHobbit.

--------------------
-Silas Sparkhammer

Artemis
The First USA Noel

Icon 04 posted      Profile for Artemis   E-mail Artemis   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
SatansHobbit. After all, now that you all know my weakness for Blackadder, how can I do anything but melt at the sight of that picture? [Smile]

I must say, this was a very meta round. Lots of references to previous pictures--Pixiechic and Andrew. [Smile]

--------------------

candycane from strangers
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
AmISalmon [Smile]

--------------------
Me: "He's 19? Uh oh, I bought him a beer."
A: "You contributed to the deliquency of a minor in drag!"
"Sweet spell check: keeping drunks off the radar since 1995."- IND
God Re-Animate Green Pork Bush

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NeeCD
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NeeCD   E-mail NeeCD       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
AmISam because that's what I would have done if I had access to a printer and a camera. Oh, and for creative use of a dog treat.

--------------------
I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?

Posts: 1720 | From: Stafford Hamlet, OR | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LeaflessMapleTree

NeeCD, do tell me how you would have gotten your hands on Canadian Tire 'money' in Oregon [Razz] ?

--------------------
-Silas Sparkhammer

FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Pixiechic. jw's made me laugh, because when I first tried to come up with an idea, that movie was the only thing on my mind.

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
jw
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jw     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Has to be our resident cultural icon, Andrew of Ware, with his clever follow on from the previous innings round. Or was that to avoid a follow on?

ETA: Mentions to everyone as I could have chosen any one, as this rounds winner.

--------------------
On my old guitar sell tickets, so someone can finally pick it.

Posts: 799 | From: Dublin, Ireland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pixiechic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixiechic   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pixiechic   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This was a hard choice (yet again!). This time I'm voting for AmISalmon.

Pixiechic

--------------------
Pixiechic's MySpace page
Our Homepage

Posts: 381 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
going slightly mad
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for going slightly mad   E-mail going slightly mad   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My vote goes to Frog_Feathers [Big Grin]

--------------------
Don't warn the tadpoles!

Posts: 109 | From: Vienna | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
glass papaya
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glass papaya   E-mail glass papaya   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Pikey Queen, who must really want that million dollars!
Posts: 544 | From: Onalaska, WI | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Andrew of Ware, despite the fact that I have no idea what Wombles are.

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Andrew of Ware, England
A-Ware in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andrew of Ware, England   Author's Homepage   E-mail Andrew of Ware, England   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It's PixieChic for me. Mind you, I have seen the sequal to that DVD. That was a disappointment, but there we go. [Smile]

--------------------
Andrew, Ware, England

Posts: 1709 | From: Ware, England | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TwoGuyswithaHat
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwoGuyswithaHat   E-mail TwoGuyswithaHat   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
AmISalmon, despite him agreeing that I'm an obtuse git [Razz]

--------------------
In politics, absurdity is not a handicap - Napoleon Bonaparte

Posts: 1801 | From: The Forest City, Ontario | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Giselle
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Giselle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
AmISam for actually having a visor and a cigar!

--------------------
Ralphie, get off the stage sweetheart.

Posts: 2041 | From: Yuba City, California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NancyFancyPants
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NancyFancyPants     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I gotta go with Kitoboo on this one.

--------------------
And on the 7th day, God said, "Let there be lips!"

Posts: 296 | From: Munhall, PA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NeeCD
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NeeCD   E-mail NeeCD       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MapleLeaf:
NeeCD, do tell me how you would have gotten your hands on Canadian Tire 'money' in Oregon [Razz] ?

OK, OK, a printer, a camera, and Canadian Tire 'money'. Ya happy now? [Razz]

(And I do have a whole bunch of foreign play money, so having some CT money wouldn't be too odd - of course, what I have is only play money because most of the countries represented have gone over to the Euro, but still...)

--------------------
I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?

Posts: 1720 | From: Stafford Hamlet, OR | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pixiechic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixiechic   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pixiechic   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew of Ware, England: It's PixieChic for me. Mind you, I have seen the sequal to that DVD. That was a disappointment, but there we go. [Smile]
Ah well I did say I'd do A dirty movie. The second one I had to do for free or there'd have been no budget. [lol]

Pixie"broke"chic

--------------------
Pixiechic's MySpace page
Our Homepage

AmISalmon
Deck the Malls

Icon 601 posted      Profile for AmISalmon     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Giselle:
AmISam for actually having a visor and a cigar!

NeeCD had it right - it is a dog treat although it does smell and taste like a cigar (pre-used)  - .

Four Kitties: The Wombles was one of the 5 minute stop animation cartoons that was shown as the last thing on children's BBC before it switched over to the news hour. They were so popular that they spawned several hit singles, particularly around Christmas. Andrew quite rightly keeps the fact that he has their albums a secret! Since he's had the guts to go public though, I'm going to have to vote for him (Andrew).

Honourable mention to kitoboo - I always wondered why snopes and Barbara put up with us.

And TwoGuyswithaHat, I'm sure you've noticed what an obtuse get I can be!

--------------------
That Psammead, That Psammead, I do not like that Psammead.

Posts: 234 | From: Calgary, AB, Canada | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Eve MG
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eve MG   Author's Homepage   E-mail Eve MG   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Frog_Feathers

Did snopes and Barbara send you your check yet?

--------------------
I love dairy! Does that mean I can't be a vegan?

Posts: 1569 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kitoboo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitoboo   E-mail kitoboo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
going slightly mad

---

Posts: 399 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages