snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Diversions » Urban Legends Contest #7 » 24 Hour Photo Challenge -34 - Beatles songs (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 24 Hour Photo Challenge -34 - Beatles songs
SantasHobbit
Frosty the Salesman

Icon 106 posted      Profile for SantasHobbit     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
There was this moderately successful pop band back in the 1960's called the The Beatles. I seem to remember their off-key caterwauling on the old Sullivan Show*, but you youngsters may have to google them. This mission for this challenge is to portray the title of a Beatles' song in a photograph.

Here's my example (Not eligible for voting)

Subfolder

Slideshow

Have fun, and I deny any responsibly for the earworms. Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Rules:

Posters have 24 hours from the post that sets the new challenge to submit their pictures to the thread.
Voting will then start, continuing for another 24 hours.
After those 24 hours, the votes will be counted, and the winner issues the next challenge.
All pictures must be taken specifically for this thread.
One entry per person per round.
Once you have posted a pic, you cannot change it.
The first person to post a pic (not including the person who set the challenge) automatically gets one bonus vote.
One vote per person.
You can't vote for yourself.
You do not have to have entered a picture to vote for the winner.
Votes must be posted in bold. If quoting someone else, please edit out bold tags, to avoid confusion. Please do not put any other text in bold.
In the event of a tie, the person who posted their picture first wins.
Votes are cast for the content of a picture, not picture quality or photographic skills. Vote for originality, effort and comedy.
Be honest. If the challenge is to have a picture taken with a dog that is not yours, then don't take a picture with your dog. You're only cheating yourself.
No Photoshopping or editing of any kind. You can reduce the size of your pictures, but no cropping or anything else. The photos must be as you took them.
This is the Photobucket page for this competition. The name is "snopesphoto", and the password is "snopes". Visit here and upload the picture to the appropriate subfolder, putting your name in the "description" field. Provide a direct link to the photo in your post.
Be careful when choosing a filename for your photo, before uploading it. 2 photos with the same name in the same folder can cause problems with Photobucket. It's suggested that you save the photo with a filename that is a combination of the challenge name and your name. So, if your name is "Discogal" and the challenge is "take a picture with a dog that is not yours", then "Disconotmydog" would be a good filename.
The winner, once they have set the new challenge, will create a new subfolder, obviously titled.
The winner will set the new challenge in a new thread, which is to be titled "24 Hour Photo Challenge", and which is to contain the name of the new challenge and the round number.
These rules are to be pasted into the first post of the new challenge.
The first post should also contain a direct link to the new subfolder, and one to the slideshow for that subfolder ("http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m288/snopesphoto/NAME OF SUBFOLDER/?action=view&slideshow=true" Note, this url, as written will not work, as it contains spaces. Where there are spaces in the "name of subfolder" space, replace them with "%20").

"And the rest of you, if youll just rattle your jewelry."

*reference?

--------------------
Angsty little hobbitssssses

Posts: 336 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Hans Off
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hans Off   E-mail Hans Off   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Monty Burns, The Simpsons Marge's portrait painting episode?

Gimme the points!

--------------------
"British English speakers point to Americans adding more syllables so that they can make even more noise without actually saying anything." Llewtrah

Posts: 2235 | From: Sussex , UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
jw
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jw     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Here's mine.

quote:
"And the rest of you, if youll just rattle your jewelry."
*reference?

John Lennon at the RVP

--------------------
On my old guitar sell tickets, so someone can finally pick it.

Posts: 799 | From: Dublin, Ireland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SantasHobbit
Frosty the Salesman

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantasHobbit     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Listen...Do you want to know a secret? Help, I'm a loser. I thought it was a too easy ref for points but I had to do it in case Matt Groening and his lawyers came a knocking. No reply from me to you.

Hello Goodbye. You know my name so let it be.

ETA You're both right btw [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 336 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
going slightly mad
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for going slightly mad   E-mail going slightly mad   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
SatansHobbit, I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one who had trouble with photobucket, I was confused about the slideshow until I finally read the contest rules ALL the way to the last rule [Smile] .

Anyway, you made the same mistake with the Slideshow I made at first, here's the correct link in case you want to correct it.

http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m288/snopesphoto/34%20-%20Beatles%20Songs/?action=view&slideshow=true

--------------------
Don't warn the tadpoles!

Posts: 109 | From: Vienna | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SantasHobbit
Frosty the Salesman

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantasHobbit     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you girl, going slightly mad, yes it is.

I've fixed the hole where the rain came in.

P.S. I love you

--------------------

Pixiechic
Here We Come A-Mall Crawling

Icon 05 posted      Profile for Pixiechic   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pixiechic   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
So are we not supposed to give clues to our song titles? Anyway here's my picture.

Pixie"why yes that's the hair from my palm...why do you ask?"chic

Editted to fix my name.

--------------------
Pixiechic's MySpace page
Our Homepage

Posts: 381 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Artemis
The First USA Noel

Icon 82 posted      Profile for Artemis   E-mail Artemis   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Here's mine.

If we're keeping it secret, then, I won't say anything.

So it's official, no more voting for the OP?

--------------------
"You can't play Electro-magnetic Golf according to the rules of Centrifugal Bumble Puppy."
-Mustapha Mond, "Brave New World"

Posts: 679 | From: New York | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kmcm
We Three Blings

Icon 218 posted      Profile for kmcm   Author's Homepage   E-mail kmcm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My humble entry.

--------------------
Of course this land is dangerous! All of the animals are capably murderous. Especially the penguins.

i'm a figment of my own imagination, sometimes i don't exist

Posts: 1099 | From: Kitsap County, WA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Minstrel gone caroling
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Minstrel gone caroling   Author's Homepage   E-mail Minstrel gone caroling   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Here's my entry.

--------------------
Last year's goat was burned down by vandals dressed up as Santa Claus and the Gingerbread Man. They were never caught.
My blog. The Adventures of the Fish O'Thwacking.
Countdown: 177 days (or less!)

Posts: 4926 | From: NW Ohio | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Andrew of Ware, England
A-Ware in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andrew of Ware, England   Author's Homepage   E-mail Andrew of Ware, England   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I love cryptic crosswords

--------------------
Andrew, Ware, England

Posts: 1709 | From: Ware, England | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TwoGuyswithaHat
Happy Holly Days

Icon 302 posted      Profile for TwoGuyswithaHat   E-mail TwoGuyswithaHat   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
D'oh

--------------------
In politics, absurdity is not a handicap - Napoleon Bonaparte

Posts: 1801 | From: The Forest City, Ontario | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tam
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tam   E-mail Tam   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Here's mine. (One of my favorite songs!)

- Tam

--------------------
"I just grabbed a teddy bear, a little princess crown, and stuck my thumb in my mouth. Now I feel kinda silly." - ChildofMusic

Posts: 129 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TwoGuyswithaHat
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwoGuyswithaHat   E-mail TwoGuyswithaHat   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Now that I've entered the contest, I'm wondering, is this theme anyway influenced by tomorrow's release of "Love" by the Beatles?

--------------------
In politics, absurdity is not a handicap - Napoleon Bonaparte

Posts: 1801 | From: The Forest City, Ontario | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My entry

Yes, even though we (snopesters) are "insane", the girls still enjoy participating.

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zamboni_Rodeo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zamboni_Rodeo     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm surprised no one's beat me to this classic tune.

--------------------
Where's the challenge in wassailing at Christmas? The place is lousy with wassail!

Posts: 232 | From: Raleigh, NC | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mistletoey Chloe
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mistletoey Chloe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Am I alone in hoping snopesters in Norway sit this one out?

--------------------
~~Ai am in mai prrrrrraime!~~

Posts: 10111 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zamboni_Rodeo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zamboni_Rodeo     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Flowy Chloe:
Am I alone in hoping snopesters in Norway sit this one out?

[lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol]

*shakes head and wipes eyes*

Thanks for the best laugh I've had all day, Chloe!

--------------------
Where's the challenge in wassailing at Christmas? The place is lousy with wassail!

Posts: 232 | From: Raleigh, NC | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Eve MG
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eve MG   Author's Homepage   E-mail Eve MG   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My husband helped me think of this one.

--------------------
I love dairy! Does that mean I can't be a vegan?

Posts: 1569 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AmISalmon
Deck the Malls

Icon 18 posted      Profile for AmISalmon     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Here's mine.

--------------------
That Psammead, That Psammead, I do not like that Psammead.

Posts: 234 | From: Calgary, AB, Canada | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kitoboo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitoboo   E-mail kitoboo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Awww. Sweet.

--

Posts: 399 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Artemis
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Artemis   E-mail Artemis   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've guessed most of them by now, but I have some that I don't know...will we be guessing prior to voting?

--------------------
"You can't play Electro-magnetic Golf according to the rules of Centrifugal Bumble Puppy."

Posts: 679 | From: New York | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tootsie Plunkette
Buy a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella

Icon 203 posted      Profile for Tootsie Plunkette   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Time for my entry.

--------------------
--Tootsie

Posts: 5017 | From: Greater Seattle | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kitoboo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitoboo   E-mail kitoboo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Will you?

-kitoboo

Posts: 399 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FuzzDuckie
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FuzzDuckie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
errrm.. I hope y'all post the songs. I hate having to guess... [Frown] (in any challenge).

--------------------
Clever Waste of Time Invasion IV
An unique Riddle adventure.
PM me for more info. I'm on Brain Candy.
Purple Hell- Riddle Tools

Posts: 1551 | From: Georgia | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AmISalmon
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AmISalmon     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I assume, from NeeCD's unreferenced entry in the album, that it wasn't just me that was unable to connect to the message board (and boy was that painful [Smile] ). Are you going to change any of the deadlines SatansHobbit?

--------------------
That Psammead, That Psammead, I do not like that Psammead.

Posts: 234 | From: Calgary, AB, Canada | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Pikey Snow Queen
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Pikey Snow Queen   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry it's so obvious!

--------------------
Brosandi. Hendumst hringi
Hldumst hendur
Allur heimurinn skr
Nema stendur

Posts: 694 | From: York, UK | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pixiechic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixiechic   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pixiechic   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Can we post what songs we chose please? There are a couple I just don't get [lol]

Pixie"I don't get it"chic

--------------------
Pixiechic's MySpace page
Our Homepage

Posts: 381 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kitoboo
Deck the Malls

I'll start even though mine should be fairly easy to guess.

"When I'm Sixty-Four"

My model will actually be sixty-three next week. We won't wait until then to cut the cake but I will save the candles for next year. [Smile]

-kitoboo

Pixiechic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixiechic   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pixiechic   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Okay I'll go then [Big Grin]
Mine is pretty easy to guess to.

"I Am the Walrus"

Yes I like to look silly on camera [Big Grin]

kitoboo, your model looks much to be young to be approaching 63 let alone 64 [Big Grin]

Pixie"say cheesey"chic

--------------------
Pixiechic's MySpace page
Our Homepage

FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mine was "Another Girl". And luckily, I had two girls around to pose for the picture. I'd hate to have to ask strangers.

Frog-Wait, don't run! I'm just asking you to pose for a random Internet photo!-Feathers

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tootsie Plunkette
Buy a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tootsie Plunkette   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"Eight Days A Week"

--------------------
--Tootsie

Posts: 5017 | From: Greater Seattle | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NeeCD
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NeeCD   E-mail NeeCD       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
AmISam, you're correct, I got the "board is down" message right when I was ready to post. Since SatansHobbit hasn't called time (ETA and now that I've fixed my local time, I see that I'm still in the time limit, anyway), I'll post my link now. [Smile]

Long Tall Sally

EATA now that I've read the clock announcement, I see that I'm actually 2 hours over, so I'll go back to my SH hasn't called time excuse.

--------------------
I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?

Posts: 1720 | From: Stafford Hamlet, OR | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Artemis
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Artemis   E-mail Artemis   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mine was You've Got to Hide Your Love Away.

--------------------

kitoboo
Deck the Malls

NeeCD, I saw your photo in the subfolder before the original deadline so I think you are fine. I think I probably posted in the subfolder shortly before you did. I couldn't add the link at that time either because the boards were down.

I also agree with the SH hasn't called time excuse.

-kitoboo

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages