snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Diversions » Urban Legends Contest #7 » 24 Hour Photo Challenge, Round 12: Wax On, Wax Off (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 24 Hour Photo Challenge, Round 12: Wax On, Wax Off
Eve MG
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eve MG   Author's Homepage   E-mail Eve MG   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Pixiechic for creativity. If I could do that, I might have a cleaner house.

--------------------
I love dairy! Does that mean I can't be a vegan?

Posts: 1569 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Neffti Noel
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neffti Noel     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Voting for

Kitoboo

Nice one!

Posts: 1157 | From: Westcountry UK "It's Bootiful" | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AmISalmon
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AmISalmon     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Adelaide for the sheer number of ninjas and a great action pic!

--------------------
That Psammead, That Psammead, I do not like that Psammead.

Posts: 234 | From: Calgary, AB, Canada | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
jw
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jw     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Had to miss this round. [Frown] Real time work photo images took precendence.
Anyway, you guys are way too clever for me. Adelaide decided to roll out the family once again and this was brilliantly staged. Frog feathers and Kitoboo also get the mentions, but this round I'm going to go with Pixiechic

--------------------
On my old guitar sell tickets, so someone can finally pick it.

Posts: 799 | From: Dublin, Ireland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tzarina
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tzarina     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Adelaide
Posts: 1359 | From: Akron, Ohio | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ana Ng
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ana Ng   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
'Nother vote for Jay Tea...

--------------------
My great grandfather planted that tree!

Posts: 4862 | From: Brooklyn | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ToadMagnet
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ToadMagnet   E-mail ToadMagnet   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amethyst Dragon:
wow.....small, quiet round

Yes, but it sneaks up quietly behind you ...

and smacks you on the funny bone.

Jay Tea's entry had me as soon as I saw it, although Adelaide almost stole my vote from him. I take it the Swiffer Ninja in the front actually studies martial arts?

Toad"I vacuumed walls on Saturday!"Magnet

ETRemove excess bold text

--------------------
Listen ... it's Mellow!

Posts: 927 | From: Virginia | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pixiechic
Here We Come A-Mall Crawling

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixiechic   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pixiechic   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My vote goes to Adelaide. I don't have that many family members to use nor is there enough black in the house to cover all of us in head to toe black [Smile] This was a challenging round. I had asked hubby to take a picture of me in the "wax on wax off" pose in front of our sliding glass door...and he said well why don't you do this. That's how I got the rope to stand straight [Big Grin]

Pixie"snake charmer"chic

--------------------
Pixiechic's MySpace page
Our Homepage

Posts: 381 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mad Jay

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad Jay     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Pixiechic for being funny

Would have picked Adelaide and Frog_Feathers as runner-ups if I had the choice

--------------------
Nico Sasha
In between my father's fields;And the citadels of the rule; Lies a no-man's land which I must cross; To find my stolen jewel.

Posts: 4912 | From: VA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Minstrel gone caroling

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Minstrel gone caroling   Author's Homepage   E-mail Minstrel gone caroling   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My vote goes to Adelaide, but I must also say that I think ChildOfMusic's room is beautiful.

--------------------
Last year's goat was burned down by vandals dressed up as Santa Claus and the Gingerbread Man. They were never caught.
My blog. The Adventures of the Fish O'Thwacking.
Countdown: 177 days (or less!)

Posts: 4926 | From: NW Ohio | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Syllavus
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Syllavus     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Another vote for Adelaide the setup is just great. [lol]

--------------------
"That would be really dangerous, you know. Indiscriminately extricating someone from the petrified corpse of a supernatural creature." - My Husband

Posts: 4308 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
trollface
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trollface   Author's Homepage   E-mail trollface   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Minstrel Raindrop:
I must also say that I think ChildOfMusic's room is beautiful.

It's astonishing wallpaper, isn't it? Lovely.

--------------------
seriously , everyone on here , just trys to give someone crap about something they do !! , its shitting me to tears.

Posts: 16061 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Pikey Snow Queen
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Pikey Snow Queen   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This is a tough one, but I'm gonna say Jay Tea, gotta love the action shot.

--------------------
Brosandi. Hendumst hringi
Hldumst hendur
Allur heimurinn skr
Nema stendur

Posts: 694 | From: York, UK | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Adelaide
Remembrances of Things Bass

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adelaide   E-mail Adelaide   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My vote is for Jay Tea this round - I keep imagining his co-workers stumbling across that scene and wondering WTF? Unless he always does that at work... [Smile]

The ninja in the front doesn't know anything about martial arts, but she does dance, skate, play soccer, and occasionally rock-climb. The girl is fit!

The one bent up on the floor - that's her standard party trick. She's not even as bent as she can get, usually she can touch her toes to her chin in that position.

The purple-socked ninja is, sadly, my son. Even worse is that only one sock is purple. We barely got the little one to cooperate because she wanted that duster really bad. Apparently watering plants is for novice ninja. She was also confused about the challenge because she wanted to wear all white again (like when she was Lennon).

Edit: "screen" to "scene"

--------------------
Natural selection is a beguiling counterfeiter of deliberate purpose. - Richard Dawkins

Posts: 620 | From: Alaska | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tam
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tam   E-mail Tam   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Jay Tea, because his picture really made me laugh, and because I could use him around my office to destroy all the styrofoam that always seems to make it's way into my cubicle!

(Come on, cow-orkers! There is a recycle bin in the hallway... why do you put the stuff on my desk?)

- Tam

--------------------
"I just grabbed a teddy bear, a little princess crown, and stuck my thumb in my mouth. Now I feel kinda silly." - ChildofMusic

Posts: 129 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Victoria J
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Victoria J   E-mail Victoria J   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Adelaide - though I am starting to think she has an unfair advantage with such a large and willing cast to hand. Honourable mention to Jay Tea as his made me laugh. I am very impressed by everyone though because you all came up with something good and I couldn't think of anything [Frown]

Am I the only one slightly alarmed by the number of swords appearing in these pictures?

Victoria J

--------------------
Post accompanied by maniacal laughter.

Posts: 577 | From: London, UK | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ToadMagnet
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ToadMagnet   E-mail ToadMagnet   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by trollface:
quote:

Is it wallpaper, or a painted mural? Is ChildOfMusic a child of other arts, as well?

Toad"It's gorgeous, whatever it is"Magnet

--------------------
Listen ... it's Mellow!

Posts: 927 | From: Virginia | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Disc Golf
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Disc Golf     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Adelaide

--------------------
When life hands you lemons, go play a round of disc golf

Posts: 12 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snoozn
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snoozn   E-mail snoozn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Adelaide
Posts: 423 | From: Colorado | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jenn
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenn   E-mail Jenn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Jay Tea

--------------------
"You're the opposite of troll. It's a compliment!"

Posts: 12086 | From: Alberta | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Artemis
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Artemis   E-mail Artemis   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Kitoboo. Love the pearls and the pinnie apron! [Smile]

--------------------
"You can't play Electro-magnetic Golf according to the rules of Centrifugal Bumble Puppy."
-Mustapha Mond, "Brave New World"

Posts: 679 | From: New York | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
nurple
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nurple   Author's Homepage   E-mail nurple   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Jay Tea with honorable mentions to...well, to everyone.

--------------------
"You better respect the Rap or the Rap won't respect you." Ledatru

Posts: 1141 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rhea
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rhea     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Rats, I missed the round! Curse you, Mountain Day!

Well, I couldn't have beaten all the other entries anyway. Great job, all! And I'm voting for Jay Tea.

PS: trollface, I'm going to print out all the pictures you submit to these contests and make a calendar out of them. Should make me the most popular girl on campus. [Wink]

Posts: 1201 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Hans Off
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hans Off   E-mail Hans Off   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Jay Tea the intensity is scary.

--------------------
"British English speakers point to Americans adding more syllables so that they can make even more noise without actually saying anything." Llewtrah

Posts: 2235 | From: Sussex , UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kitoboo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitoboo   E-mail kitoboo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My entry was inspired by a combination of trollface's and Pixiechic's. Since levitating a vaccuum cleaner is harder than standing on one foot my vote goes to Pixiechic.

------

Posts: 399 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tagurit
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 506 posted      Profile for tagurit   E-mail tagurit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It was tough for me to eliminate some others, but I finally came down to two, trollface and SatansHobbit. I really cannot decide. They're equally good and they both just crack me up. Who knew trollface was so graceful? The expression on SatansHobbit is great, not to mention his stance and outfit. What to do? Guess it's up to a coin toss.

And the winnah is *flip* SatansHobbit by way of tails.

--------------------
Explore, enjoy and protect the planet
---
AAMAH

Posts: 8532 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Giselle
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Giselle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Adelaide for a hilarious entry.

--------------------
Ralphie, get off the stage sweetheart.

Posts: 2041 | From: Yuba City, California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Wild Card
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Wild Card     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
kjbrasda, because ninjas should work alone.

Unless they're mutant turtles.

--------------------
"It's a perfect system...unless it screws up." -Biology Professor

Posts: 495 | From: Orange County, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
trollface
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trollface   Author's Homepage   E-mail trollface   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhea:
PS: trollface, I'm going to print out all the pictures you submit to these contests and make a calendar out of them. Should make me the most popular girl on campus. [Wink]

Not quite sure what to say to that. Just make sure you send me a copy.

quote:
tagurit said:
Who knew trollface was so graceful?

Not sure if that should get a "thank you" or a "and why not?" Of course, it was only after posting the photo that I realised that I should have had both arms out straight and reached the TV by matching the curve of my right hand downwards. Never mind.

--------------------
seriously , everyone on here , just trys to give someone crap about something they do !! , its shitting me to tears.

Posts: 16061 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NeeCD
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NeeCD   E-mail NeeCD       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Pixiechic by a hair (or is that a string?)

I'll second (fourth?) the admiration of the mural on ChildofMusic's wall, though. Very pretty.

--------------------
I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?

Posts: 1720 | From: Stafford Hamlet, OR | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tagurit
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tagurit   E-mail tagurit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
tagurit said:
Who knew trollface was so graceful?

Not sure if that should get a "thank you" or a "and why not?" Of course, it was only after posting the photo that I realised that I should have had both arms out straight and reached the TV by matching the curve of my right hand downwards. Never mind.
Well, it wasn't meant as a slight. [Smile] I loved your pic. It was the graceful pose with feather duster in hand that had me giggling, though. I had visions of you craning around your place whilst you dusted.

--------------------
Explore, enjoy and protect the planet
---
AAMAH

Posts: 8532 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ChildofMusic
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChildofMusic   E-mail ChildofMusic   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ToadMagnet:
quote:
quote:

Is it wallpaper, or a painted mural? Is ChildOfMusic a child of other arts, as well?

Toad"It's gorgeous, whatever it is"Magnet

Hehe, thank you for all the compliments. It's actually a mural painted on my wall for me by my mother, who was an art major in college. She did it about two years ago, and it took an entire month to complete...it stretches corner to corner.

--------------------
- ChildofMusic

"Music is one of the fairest and most glorious gifts of God." -Martin Luther

Posts: 231 | From: Somewhere up in Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ChildofMusic
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChildofMusic   E-mail ChildofMusic   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I forgot to add my vote for Adelaide!

Shame on me!!

--------------------
- ChildofMusic

"Music is one of the fairest and most glorious gifts of God." -Martin Luther

Posts: 231 | From: Somewhere up in Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Frozen Charlotte
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Frozen Charlotte   E-mail Frozen Charlotte   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Adelaide : whatever you've done to those kids to make them so helpful, I'm impressed!

Terrific photos, everyone.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can participate in the next round. My firstborn was sick yesterday and has a birthday on Thursday, so who knows.

Posts: 64 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
24K_ Kate
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 24K_ Kate   Author's Homepage   E-mail 24K_ Kate   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Adelaide. Are they for hire?

--------------------
<---Callisto

I have a 60 second snack idea for Rachel (Ray): Xanax, vodka, fall asleep.--Adrianne Frost, Best Week Ever.

Posts: 2374 | From: Naw-fik, VA y'all | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages