snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Diversions » Urban Legends Contest #7 » 24 Hour Photo Challenge, Round 11: Embarrassment (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 24 Hour Photo Challenge, Round 11: Embarrassment
kitoboo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitoboo   E-mail kitoboo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I am embarrassed to post this.

----

Posts: 399 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
jw
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jw     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I got my hair cut today

--------------------
On my old guitar sell tickets, so someone can finally pick it.

Posts: 799 | From: Dublin, Ireland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Frozen Charlotte
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 302 posted      Profile for Frozen Charlotte   E-mail Frozen Charlotte   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I think it's been 24 hours or so. Now it's time to vote!

There are some really great entries!

I wish I'd been able to do one, but today is Mr. Charlotte's (Frozen Charlie's?) birthday and I've been very busy. Besides, I couldn't compete with folks who are willing to get nekkid or be photographed sitting on the john. [lol] I'll be back to vote later.

Posts: 64 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Artemis
The First USA Noel

Icon 205 posted      Profile for Artemis   E-mail Artemis   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm a sucker for Urban Legend related stuff. Gotta go with Minstrel Raindrop. [Smile]
Posts: 679 | From: New York | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
trollface
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trollface   Author's Homepage   E-mail trollface   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Much as I like my new status as a gay pin-up, I think my vote's going to have to go for kitoboo, because I wasn't expecting it, and it really made me laugh.

--------------------
seriously , everyone on here , just trys to give someone crap about something they do !! , its shitting me to tears.

Posts: 16061 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm so torn between Trollface and SatansHobbit that I'm going to have to go completely different. Jay Tea's cracked me up because I almost did the same thing with a Shania Twain CD.

But you guys are all brilliant. You always impress me with creativity and humor.

edited because an "i" is not a "b".

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Amethyst Dragon
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amethyst Dragon   E-mail Amethyst Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
oh man, I've got my choices narrowed down to 3...

1)trollface(he was willing to get totally nekkie)
B)satanshobbit (he didn't look uncomfortable wearing womenslingerie o_O)
~ tootsie (that look is just priceless)

now, off to go make my descision....
Amethyst Dragon

Posts: 255 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pixiechic
Here We Come A-Mall Crawling

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixiechic   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pixiechic   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I had a hard time choosing. They were all so good. I'm going to have to go with Trollface for actually getting nekkid. That took, er, balls...that we didn't get to see [Wink]

Pixie"bummer"chic

--------------------
Pixiechic's MySpace page
Our Homepage

Posts: 381 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rhea
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rhea     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Tough choice again.

Trollface.

Rh"new wallpaper"ea

Posts: 1201 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It was a near thing between trollface and SatansHobbit. But trollface gets my vote because A: He was first, B: His pose is priceless, and C: he looks good nekkid.

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jenn
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenn   E-mail Jenn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This is a hard one, they're all very good. While SatansHobbit's is excellent and and has some great details, I just keep coming back to trollface. Well done.

--------------------
"You're the opposite of troll. It's a compliment!"

Posts: 12086 | From: Alberta | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NeeCD
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NeeCD   E-mail NeeCD       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I'll buck the trend and vote for SatansHobbit - I seriously hope you used a timer on your camera and didn't actually make someone take that pic.

I'm laughing so hard at all these pictures, I've got tears running down my face and I'm starting to hyperventilate (I'm fine, really). Oh my...

(As a very bizarre by the by, I ran a spellcheck on this post (Google toolbar), and the suggested correction for SatansHobbit was Satanshobag. Is that even a real word? Just thought I'd share.)

--------------------
I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?

Posts: 1720 | From: Stafford Hamlet, OR | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Wild Card
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wild Card     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Jay Tea.
I've been in similar situations, and I don't even have a girlfriend to pin it on.

--------------------
"It's a perfect system...unless it screws up." -Biology Professor

Posts: 495 | From: Orange County, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Amethyst Dragon
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amethyst Dragon   E-mail Amethyst Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
trollface. cannot get over him. plus, he's the first one who OMANK. he get extra points from me for that.

Amethyst "still luvin' the other 2 too" Dragon

Posts: 255 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
jw
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jw     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Jay Tea, I've got so many of those.
Small round of pics. Why was that?
Honourable mentions to SatansHobbit(especially for the pic of trollface)Minstrel and Pixiechic(how did you get DH to go along with that?)

--------------------
On my old guitar sell tickets, so someone can finally pick it.

Posts: 799 | From: Dublin, Ireland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
nurple
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nurple   Author's Homepage   E-mail nurple   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
What an incredible round! Very, very impressive!
I have to vote for Pixiechic, because I cannot believe she was able to convince her husband to put on makeup, let her take a picture AND post it on the internet. Brilliant!

ETA: Tootsie, trollface and SatansHobbit, you all have a lot more guts than I'll ever have! [lol]

--------------------
"You better respect the Rap or the Rap won't respect you." Ledatru

Posts: 1141 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Warlok
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Warlok     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Trollface did well and while it's not my thing, I'll give credit for getting nekkid. But I give more credit for using that and dressing in a bra, so it's SatansHobbit for me.

War 'I gotta work at this' lok

--------------------
Inconceivable

Posts: 2755 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Squoval
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Squoval   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squoval   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Rhea

--------------------
I can't believe it's not Square!

Posts: 3147 | From: W-S, North Carolina | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pixiechic
Here We Come A-Mall Crawling

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixiechic   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pixiechic   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nurple:
What an incredible round! Very, very impressive!
I have to vote for Pixiechic, because I cannot believe she was able to convince her husband to put on makeup, let her take a picture AND post it on the internet. Brilliant!

He loves me very, very much. And he's game for all kinds of silly stuff [lol]

Pixie"my hubby is as weird as I am"chic

--------------------
Pixiechic's MySpace page
Our Homepage

Posts: 381 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Eve MG
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eve MG   Author's Homepage   E-mail Eve MG   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
They are all funny, and I have been laughing a lot. But I'm going to vote for Warlok. I think it's a cute picture, and I love that he happened to catch Rachael at a time when she was making a goofy face.

--------------------
I love dairy! Does that mean I can't be a vegan?

Posts: 1569 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Adelaide
Remembrances of Things Bass

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adelaide   E-mail Adelaide   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll echo the tough choices, and go with SatansHobbit.

--------------------
Natural selection is a beguiling counterfeiter of deliberate purpose. - Richard Dawkins

Posts: 620 | From: Alaska | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Minstrel gone caroling
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Minstrel gone caroling   Author's Homepage   E-mail Minstrel gone caroling   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My vote goes to Frog_Feathers.

--------------------
Last year's goat was burned down by vandals dressed up as Santa Claus and the Gingerbread Man. They were never caught.
My blog. The Adventures of the Fish O'Thwacking.
Countdown: 177 days (or less!)

Posts: 4926 | From: NW Ohio | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SantasHobbit
Frosty the Salesman

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantasHobbit     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Honourable mentions to kitoboo and Tootsie. the expressions were spot on.

Alas I can't ignore trollface, who's pumping out great photos every challenge without the advantage of all the props and assistants that a lot of us can call on. He really can't go any more mimimalistic now without a potato peeler (or a hand sander.)

Carrying on the embarassment theme, I couldn't resist doing this this morning. It's been there four hours now, including 1/2 an hour of me cackling like a loon in the corner of the newsagent watching people do double takes when they saw it. I think everyone is too frightened to pick it up.

Satans "Glad he's got a sense of humour" Hobbit

--------------------
Angsty little hobbitssssses

Posts: 336 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NeeCD
Happy Holly Days

Icon 98 posted      Profile for NeeCD   E-mail NeeCD       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
[Eek!] [lol]
I think I'm starting to be just a little bit afraid of what the next challenge will bring.
SatansHobbit, I think your sig line says it all.

--------------------
I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?

Posts: 1720 | From: Stafford Hamlet, OR | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Giselle
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Giselle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Trollface

The finger on the nipple is what did it for me.
Great entries everyone!

--------------------
Ralphie, get off the stage sweetheart.

Posts: 2041 | From: Yuba City, California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Neffti Noel
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neffti Noel     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
SatansHobbit

Because I took in the picture in little peeps between tears from top to bottom, and when I got to the immaculate white skimpies above the ankle, I almost coughed up a lung

Posts: 1157 | From: Westcountry UK "It's Bootiful" | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
trollface
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trollface   Author's Homepage   E-mail trollface   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SatansHobbit:
Carrying on the embarassment theme, I couldn't resist doing this this morning. It's been there four hours now, including 1/2 an hour of me cackling like a loon in the corner of the newsagent watching people do double takes when they saw it. I think everyone is too frightened to pick it up.

But no-one's tried to buy it? Now I'm sad.

--------------------
seriously , everyone on here , just trys to give someone crap about something they do !! , its shitting me to tears.

Posts: 16061 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Pikey Snow Queen
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Pikey Snow Queen   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Trollface gets my vote for literally making me laugh all day (sorry, you're just funny naked [Wink] ) but SatansHobbit very nearly pipped him to it.

Couldn't participate this round as I was ill and couldn't think of anything funny. Brain ache inhibits creativity.

--------------------
Brosandi. Hendumst hringi
Hldumst hendur
Allur heimurinn skr
Nema stendur

Posts: 694 | From: York, UK | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Tea
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Tea   E-mail Jay Tea   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Small round of pics. Why was that?
Weekend round jw, shame because it was a good theme.

My vote goes to SantansHobbit, though it wouldn't have been a winner without trollface's effort on the cover of 'Gay Monthly' so kudos there too [lol]

--------------------
This is where I come up with something right? Something really clever...

Posts: 6552 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ToadMagnet
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ToadMagnet   E-mail ToadMagnet   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The good thing about a weekend round is, I'm sitting here alone crying with laughter instead of choking and smothering to try to hide from coworkers. I have to go with SatansHobbit, with honorable mentions to Adelaide, Pixiechic, Jay Tea, and TootsiePlunkette.

And now I have to go dry the tears and Diet Coke off my keyboard.

Toad"OK, so everyone gets an honorable mention"Magnet

--------------------
Listen ... it's Mellow!

Posts: 927 | From: Virginia | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chillas     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Must go with SatansHobbit, also primarily for the magazine cover. [lol]

--------------------
Come on, come on - spin a little tighter
Come on, come on - and the world's a little brighter

Posts: 5595 | From: Columbus, OH : The Soccer Capital of America | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Disc Golf
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Disc Golf     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Trollface

--------------------
When life hands you lemons, go play a round of disc golf

Posts: 12 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kitoboo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitoboo   E-mail kitoboo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
trollface gets the vote with honorable mention going to SatansHobbit and Tootsie.
Posts: 399 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Andrew of Ware, England
A-Ware in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andrew of Ware, England   Author's Homepage   E-mail Andrew of Ware, England   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've been thinking long enough. I've decided to come out and vote for SatansHobbit 'Gay Monthly' because he so cleverly used Trollface's photo.

--------------------
Andrew, Ware, England

Posts: 1709 | From: Ware, England | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mistletoey Chloe
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mistletoey Chloe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
trollface. Tempted by SatansHobbit, but trollface's expression and the nipple prudery just make it perfect.

--------------------
~~Ai am in mai prrrrrraime!~~

Posts: 10111 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages