snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Diversions » Urban Legends Contest #7 » 24 Hour Photo Challenge - Round 7 "Fear" (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: 24 Hour Photo Challenge - Round 7 "Fear"
jw
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jw     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Pikey for the humour and the props.

Gotta keep up my honourable mentions, tho' not as long as the last round.
trollface - that is scary
Rhea, for the humour too. Hobbit, Pixiechic, Eve MG, Adelaide & Jay Tea - kids are all brilliant.
Mine was crap, but I am otherwise FEARLESS!

ETA: My words.

--------------------
On my old guitar sell tickets, so someone can finally pick it.

Posts: 799 | From: Dublin, Ireland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tagurit
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tagurit   E-mail tagurit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Kudos to everyone again. I had such a hard time choosing this time, I'd gather what I thought were the few best and find another and another to add to it. [lol] Honorables to trollface, magnificently done, pixiechic, your daughter's a natural actor, childofmusic, because it was so scary it made me laugh out loud and I love the look on your face, but in the end, what's scarier than a sinkful of dishes waiting to be done? Andrew gets my vote.

I'd have been a good candidate for staring into an empty coffee can. I'm so afraid of running out that I buy a new can when the current one is only half empty (or is that half full?).

--------------------
Explore, enjoy and protect the planet
---
AAMAH

Posts: 8532 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rhea
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rhea     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
trollface

edit: bold, not italics! (italicising the word 'bold' can make you lose your mind)

Posts: 1201 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bach_girl
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bach_girl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker:
Having looked at the slide show I have to say Bach_Girl has the most cooperative husband ever. This is the second time she's used him.

Lovely, BG.

Seaboe

He wasn't sure what was going on, but he cooperated, but I think that was the last time...lol.

Eve MG Gets my vote.

--------------------
"My Very Educated Mother Just Said Uh-oh! No...Pluto..."~ Steven Colbert

Posts: 3256 | From: Somewhere in Ohio | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kjbrasda
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kjbrasda   Author's Homepage   E-mail kjbrasda   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Pixiechic. Elmo is rather creepy scary O_O

--------------------
"Long ago, when we all lived in the forest..."
Who are you? Who? Who?

Posts: 1587 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tootsie Plunkette
Buy a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella

Icon 301 posted      Profile for Tootsie Plunkette   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Rhea, with Honorable Mention to Gibbie.

--------------------
--Tootsie

Posts: 5017 | From: Greater Seattle | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Giselle
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Giselle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
kjbrasda because that is a truly creepy photo!

--------------------
Ralphie, get off the stage sweetheart.

Posts: 2041 | From: Yuba City, California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dear Babby
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dear Babby     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Jaguar --for genuine fear inspiration.

Honorable mention to Child of Music for good use of self-expression.

Posts: 326 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
glisp42
I'm Dreaming Of A White iPod

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glisp42   Author's Homepage   E-mail glisp42   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Honorable mentions go to all those with scared children. Jay Tea in particular made me laugh.

But my vote goes to Kjbrasda, number one for being truely scary and number 2 because she bribed me. [Wink]

ETA: Are we allowed to take bribes? Just curious you understand...

--------------------
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK" and other lingo mean?

And we'll collect the moments one by one I guess that's how the future's done. -Feist

Posts: 1641 | From: Kansas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jenn
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenn   E-mail Jenn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Kjbrasda, Gibbie (and Trollface's response), and 24K Kate were all contenders, but I think I have to go for Jaguar.

--------------------
"You're the opposite of troll. It's a compliment!"

Posts: 12086 | From: Alberta | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mosherette
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mosherette     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Pikey Queen gets an honourable mention, but ChildofMusic gets my vote because I know that feeling [Eek!]

--------------------
Silence should never under any circumstances be construed as agreement. A lot of the time, it's simply a reflection that someone just said something so stupid that no response could possibly do it justice. - Ramblin' Dave

Posts: 8528 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
trollface
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trollface   Author's Homepage   E-mail trollface   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jw:
trollface - that is scary

I hope mine didn't come out wrong. I wasn't trying to be scary, I was being scared. It's a reproduction of a scene from one of my favourite films, although I could never get the framing quite right, and my torch (which is, evidently, crap) ran through 2 sets of batteries in 10 minutes. Seeing as it's one that I keep in case my electric goes off duing the hours of darkness, so I can put it on emergency, I figured that that safety net was probably more important than an exact reconstruction.

--------------------
seriously , everyone on here , just trys to give someone crap about something they do !! , its shitting me to tears.

Posts: 16061 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Tea
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Tea   E-mail Jay Tea   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My vote goes to Danvers' - that's his real arm y'know? [lol]

--------------------
This is where I come up with something right? Something really clever...

Posts: 6552 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Neffti Noel
We Three Blings

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Neffti Noel     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
kjbrasda

That photo is PROPER scary! I can't even look at it for too long! It reminded me of a scary scene from the otherwise daft Communion.

Well done everyone!

Posts: 1157 | From: Westcountry UK "It's Bootiful" | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chillas     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow, there are a lot of brilliant pics here. Gibbie's really made me laugh, and kjbrasda's was extremely creepy. But I think I'm going to have to vote for ChildofMusic, for the portrayal of a time I for one would rather not go back to.

--------------------
Come on, come on - spin a little tighter
Come on, come on - and the world's a little brighter

Posts: 5595 | From: Columbus, OH : The Soccer Capital of America | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Hans Off
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hans Off   E-mail Hans Off   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ohhh tough one... High standard again all round...

Gibbie's entry tickled me, but as a fellow Uncle, the my vote has to go to scary uncle Jay Tea

--------------------
"British English speakers point to Americans adding more syllables so that they can make even more noise without actually saying anything." Llewtrah

Posts: 2235 | From: Sussex , UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Pikey Snow Queen
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Pikey Snow Queen   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Danvers gets my vote.

--------------------
Brosandi. Hendumst hringi
Hldumst hendur
Allur heimurinn skr
Nema stendur

Posts: 694 | From: York, UK | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Syllavus
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Syllavus     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
For me it's a tie between Danvers and ChildofMusic... I think I'll go with ChildofMusic though, just for the greatness of that expression! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"That would be really dangerous, you know. Indiscriminately extricating someone from the petrified corpse of a supernatural creature." - My Husband

Posts: 4308 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Gibbie
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gibbie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I nearly forgot to vote!

ChildofMusic gets my vote this round.

Gibbie

--------------------
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

Posts: 3993 | From: Indiana | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SantasHobbit
Frosty the Salesman

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantasHobbit     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks for the heads-up nurple, I would have googled but I thought "woo woo" was some strange American exclamation of delight.

quote:
Originally posted by ChildofMusic:
I wanted to do a shower scene a la Psycho, but there was no way of taking a good picture. Ah well.

Aw dammit [Eek!]

Anyway, on with my vote.

Loved Gibbie's, but I had the same initial reaction as our illustrious challenge master (whether he likes the position or not); "Eek, Internet Explorer". I only ever see IE on computers that I'm asked to fix. Plaudits to Bach_girl's poor husband, now that's a man in fear (of the next challenge), but I have to pick Jaguar's entry. There's something creepy and sinister about the whole look of the shot.

P.S. Although trollfaces's entry looked spooky, I reckon he looked even more terrifying in his Whitney get-up.

--------------------
Angsty little hobbitssssses

Posts: 336 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tam
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tam   E-mail Tam   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Jaguar gets my vote this time. Great job, everyone!

- Tam

--------------------
"I just grabbed a teddy bear, a little princess crown, and stuck my thumb in my mouth. Now I feel kinda silly." - ChildofMusic

Posts: 129 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jaguar
Jealous Mirugai

Icon 302 posted      Profile for Jaguar     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I made the mistake of tallying the votes before I cast mine and clouded my judgement...

I was not going to vote.

I will, however.

Pixiechic gets my vote! Those dang stuffed animals are gonna corrupt our kids (or attack those who oppose them) and ruin the WORLD!!!

"So much for the 4 way tie" Jaguar

Posts: 63 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pixiechic
Here We Come A-Mall Crawling

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixiechic   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pixiechic   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jaguar:
I made the mistake of tallying the votes before I cast mine and clouded my judgement...

I was not going to vote.

I will, however.

Pixiechic gets my vote! Those dang stuffed animals are gonna corrupt our kids (or attack those who oppose them) and ruin the WORLD!!!

"So much for the 4 way tie" Jaguar

Thanks for the vote [Smile] I thought I'd point out this rule, for next time [Big Grin]
quote:
In the event of a tie, the person who posted their picture first wins.
[Big Grin]

Pixie"aw shucks"chic

Editted for clarity.

--------------------
Pixiechic's MySpace page
Our Homepage

Posts: 381 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jaguar
Jealous Mirugai

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaguar     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I thought I'd point out this rule [Smile]
quote:
In the event of a tie, the person who posted their picture first wins.
[Big Grin]

Pixie"aw shucks"chic

Hence my dilemma, as I posted first!

Jaguar

(Edit because dilemma has no "n" in it)

Posts: 63 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pixiechic

Icon 09 posted      Profile for Pixiechic   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pixiechic   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jaguar:
Hence my dilemma, as I posted first!

Jaguar

(Edit because dilemma has no "n" in it)

Ahhh. [fish] That's for being helpful when I didn't need to be [Big Grin]

Pixie"I feel sheepish"chic

ETA: *note to self, next time someone votes for you just smile and say thanks* [Big Grin]

--------------------
Pixiechic's MySpace page
Our Homepage

Posts: 381 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Danvers Carew
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Danvers Carew         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jay Tea:
My vote goes to Danvers' - that's his real arm y'know? [lol]

It's actually the arm of one of my parasitic twins, Geoff.

My vote has to be for kjbrasda, as I had a crippling phobia of Ragdolly Anna as a child, and this picture resurected a long-buried terror.

--------------------
Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.

Posts: 2372 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tarquin Farquart
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tarquin Farquart   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Danvers Carew:
It's actually the arm of one of my parasitic twins, Geoff.

You have more than one? Parasitic triplets then surely? [Smile]

--------------------
I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from "Now We Are Six" through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So there!

Posts: 802 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
trollface
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trollface   Author's Homepage   E-mail trollface   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SatansHobbit:
P.S. Although trollfaces's entry looked spooky, I reckon he looked even more terrifying in his Whitney get-up.

Dammit, I knew I should have been clearer with my explaination. I wasn't going for scary, I was going for being afraid. Specifically, going for a copy of this exact image.

That's what the text in my link is - the line Heather says just before it cuts to this shot.

Not as good as I'd have liked it - my torch wasn't good enough, the camera can see too much of my face, I looked the wrong way (I did actually realise that by the 3rd shot, but my batteries were well gone by that point - I took about 12 pictures, saved about 8, and this was the best of them all), and you can't see my hat...but I think the snot's good, and it's not too bad for being totally from memory in the dark.

I guess, though, that it's not such a recognisable image if you're not as sadly into the film as I am.

--------------------
seriously , everyone on here , just trys to give someone crap about something they do !! , its shitting me to tears.

Posts: 16061 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
trollface
The Bills of St. Mary's

quote:
Originally posted by Tarquin Farquart:
You have more than one? Parasitic triplets then surely? [Smile]

Sam: How are the twins?
Jack: Triplets.
Sam: Triplets? My, how time flies.

110 points, I think.

--------------------

ali_marea
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ali_marea   E-mail ali_marea   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
trollface, you know I got it, right? Cuz that's one of the best movies ever. And I can watch it and analyze it and just enjoy it over and over again for days in a row. [Big Grin]

I liked it lots. And I almost voted for you. But Elmo is so damn scary, I just had to vote for pixiechic. [Wink]

--------------------
28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, and 12 seconds. That is when the world will end.

Posts: 7158 | From: D.C. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pixiechic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixiechic   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pixiechic   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
trollface, I got the reference to the movie too and I've only seen it twice. That is definite fear.

Pixiechic

--------------------
Pixiechic's MySpace page
Our Homepage

Oceanic Aura
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Oceanic Aura   Author's Homepage   E-mail Oceanic Aura   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Brazil! I only know that because I saw it for the first time a few weeks ago, though. So it's practically cheating.

I think the reason people missed the Blair Witch refrence is because Heather didn't have quite so many facial peircings. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Are we talking misdemeanor trouble or squeal like a pig trouble?"

Posts: 618 | From: Ann Arbor, Michigan | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
trollface
The Bills of St. Mary's

quote:
Originally posted by ali_marea:
trollface, you know I got it, right?

Never doubted you for a second, ali.

quote:
And I almost voted for you.
Nah, this isn't me hawking for votes, just being annoyed at myself that I didn't necessarily convey what I meant to. I think more of the hat and less of the mouth would have helped.

quote:
Oceanic Aura said:
Brazil!

110 points are yours. Don't spend them all at once.

--------------------

Ana Ng
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ana Ng   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Rhea- I'm terrified of scales ever since fat camp!

--------------------
My great grandfather planted that tree!

Posts: 4862 | From: Brooklyn | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ana Ng
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ana Ng   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
ETA: I thought Gibbie's was brilliant, too!

--------------------
My great grandfather planted that tree!

Posts: 4862 | From: Brooklyn | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages