snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Diversions » Urban Legends Contest #7 » Son of the Return of the Movie Quote Game Part VIII (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Son of the Return of the Movie Quote Game Part VIII
Sandman
Deck the Malls

Icon 402 posted      Profile for Sandman     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Been awhile since we had a good movie quote game going!

I'll throw out the first pitch!

"They say a martini is like a woman's breast. One ain't enough and three is too many."

--------------------
"I will tell you in another life, when we are both cats."

Posts: 308 | From: Cleveland | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TheBobo
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBobo   Author's Homepage   E-mail TheBobo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Are there rules to this game? Like answering the quote before posting a new one?

I'm gonna say Austin Powers Man of Mystery.

"I don't know much about anything but I do know a little bit of praticaly everything."

--------------------
The views expressed in the above Post does not necessarily reflect those of snopes,The Infopoop Corporation,the Internet or most of society for that matter.

Posts: 2474 | From: Scranton, PA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sandman
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sandman     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"I don't know much about anything but I do know a little bit of praticaly everything," is from "Laura." 1944 or 1945 I think.

But I'm sorry, "Austin Powers" is incorrect!

The rules are simple: Guess the quote, then post your own.

--------------------

Posts: 308 | From: Cleveland | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Midgard_Dragon

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Midgard_Dragon   E-mail Midgard_Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"They say a martini is like a woman's breast. One ain't enough and three is too many." is from The Parallax View.

Mine: "I miss your faces. They remind me of God."

--------------------
Midgard Dragon
-==UDIC==-
MidgardDragon's MySpace

Posts: 2455 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tasmanian Devil
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tasmanian Devil     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"I miss your faces. They remind me of God."
That's from Lady In The Water.

Mine: "Searching for a boy in high school is as useless as searching for meaning in a Pauly Shore movie."

--------------------
I am not bound to please thee with my answers. ~ William Shakespeare

Posts: 18 | From: Tasmania, Australia | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sandman
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sandman     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmmmm....I have no idea where "I miss your faces. They remind me of God," comes from. "When I saw your faces. They reminded me of God," comes from "Lady in the Water." Is that what you were going for, or do I need to think harder?

And "The Parallax View" is right!

Just in case my guess was right, here's my quote:

"You're an interesting species, an interesting mix. You're capable of such beautiful dreams and such horrible nightmares. You feel so lost, so cut off, so alone, only you're not. See, in all our searching, the only thing we've found that makes the emptiness bearable is each other."

--------------------

Sandman
Deck the Malls

"Searching for a boy in high school is as useless as searching for meaning in a Pauly Shore movie," is from "Clueless."

--------------------

Page Three
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Page Three     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sandman:
"You're an interesting species, an interesting mix. You're capable of such beautiful dreams and such horrible nightmares. You feel so lost, so cut off, so alone, only you're not. See, in all our searching, the only thing we've found that makes the emptiness bearable is each other." [/QB]

Just in case your guess was right [Wink] , that's "Contact", I think.

In case that is right, again, mine is:

"Now it isn't that I don't like you, [name left out because I don't want to make it too easy], because, after all, in moments of quiet, I'm strangely drawn toward you, but well, there haven't been any quiet moments."

Posts: 315 | From: Berlin, Germany | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Midgard_Dragon

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Midgard_Dragon   E-mail Midgard_Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sandman:
Hmmmm....I have no idea where "I miss your faces. They remind me of God," comes from. "When I saw your faces. They reminded me of God," comes from "Lady in the Water." Is that what you were going for, or do I need to think harder?

It's definitely "I miss your faces." Full quote:

quote:
I'm sorry I couldn't protect you. Oh, I should have been there, I am always going to regret... just not being there. I miss your faces. They remind me of God. I'm so lost without you guys. I met this very nice lady, and her name's Story. I think you would have liked her. I think she might be... an Angel, because she has to go home. I love you all, I love you all so much.

--------------------
Midgard Dragon
-==UDIC==-
MidgardDragon's MySpace

Posts: 2455 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MacLloyd
God Rest Ye Merry Merchants

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MacLloyd     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Page Three:
"Now it isn't that I don't like you, [name left out because I don't want to make it too easy], because, after all, in moments of quiet, I'm strangely drawn toward you, but well, there haven't been any quiet moments."

The name left out is Susan and it is from Bringing Up Baby.

"What's the matter, never seen anyone from the planet Vulcan before?"

MacLloyd

--------------------
"May you make the Yuletide pay!"

Posts: 811 | From: Arcadia, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seltaeb
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seltaeb     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

"What's the matter, never seen anyone from the planet Vulcan before?"

That's from Mask.

Mine:

"Whatever the bid is now, I double it."

Posts: 109 | From: Lenexa, Kansas | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LizzyJingleBells
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LizzyJingleBells   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Seltaeb:
[QUOTE]
"Whatever the bid is now, I double it."

Paint Your Wagon. Ben Rumsfeld is bidding on his (future) wife, Elizabeth. [Wink]

"come on, kids. We're going to Spatula City!"

--------------------
Come on, come on, we were once upon a time in love
If the only prayer you say in your life is thank you, that would suffice. - Meister Eckhart My Blog

Posts: 7725 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chillas     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LizzyBeancurd:

"come on, kids. We're going to Spatula City!"

UHF!

"I aim to misbehave."

--------------------
Come on, come on - spin a little tighter
Come on, come on - and the world's a little brighter

Posts: 5595 | From: Columbus, OH : The Soccer Capital of America | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seltaeb

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seltaeb     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Paint Your Wagon. Ben Rumsfeld is bidding on his (future) wife, Elizabeth.
It's Ben Rumson, but I'll still give it to you.
Posts: 109 | From: Lenexa, Kansas | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Enjal
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Enjal   E-mail Enjal   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"I aim to misbehave" was said by Mal in Serenity

Hm...how about

"You bought a used lion?"

--------------------
"I'm a leaf in the wind"
New Lungs for George

Posts: 2719 | From: the other Portland (US) | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NancyFancyPants
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NancyFancyPants     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Enjal:
"I aim to misbehave" was said by Mal in Serenity

Hm...how about

"You bought a used lion?"

That was Walter in "Secondhand Lions."

Mine: "Somehow we've brought our sins back physically - and they're pissed."

--------------------
And on the 7th day, God said, "Let there be lips!"

Posts: 296 | From: Munhall, PA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Midgard_Dragon

Flatliners!

Okay...how about...

quote:
A: I no longer try to change the world, omitted, I just try to make my way in it.
B: Ah, well it's better than death I suppose.
A: I would think you would welcome death. All of your friends gone; hunted wherever you go.
B: Do you delight in reminding me? Yes knight, I do long for death, but... fear it.
A: Why? Aside from your misery, what's to lose?
B: My soul.

Certain details omitted because that would make it too easy.

--------------------
Midgard Dragon
-==UDIC==-
MidgardDragon's MySpace

WonkoTheSane
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WonkoTheSane     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Midgard_Dragon:
Flatliners!

Okay...how about...

quote:
A: I no longer try to change the world, omitted, I just try to make my way in it.
B: Ah, well it's better than death I suppose.
A: I would think you would welcome death. All of your friends gone; hunted wherever you go.
B: Do you delight in reminding me? Yes knight, I do long for death, but... fear it.
A: Why? Aside from your misery, what's to lose?
B: My soul.

Certain details omitted because that would make it too easy.
From Dragonheart, I believe.

Try this:
"Don't give me any of that intelligent life crap; just give me something I can blow up."

Wonko

--------------------
"It seemed to me that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilzation in which I could live and stay sane."

Posts: 1462 | From: Outside the Asylum (Massachusetts) | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
robbiev - singin' off key
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robbiev - singin' off key   Author's Homepage   E-mail robbiev - singin' off key   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dark Star

"You know, it says here that by the time the average American is fifty, he has five pounds of undigested red meat in his bowels."

--------------------
Every time I see a good looking woman, I think, "0oooh. There's another one I'll never have!"

Corvette. The louder you scream, the faster I'll go.

Posts: 1820 | From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MacLloyd
God Rest Ye Merry Merchants

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MacLloyd     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
"You know, it says here that by the time the average American is fifty, he has five pounds of undigested red meat in his bowels."
Beverly Hills Cop

"Tattoo on the lower back? Might as well be a bullseye."

MacLloyd

--------------------
"May you make the Yuletide pay!"

Posts: 811 | From: Arcadia, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FullMetal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FullMetal   E-mail FullMetal   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wedding Crashers

"Where are all your chairs?"

Posts: 153 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Pikey Snow Queen
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Pikey Snow Queen   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Teenwitch?

--------------------
Brosandi. Hendumst hringi
Hldumst hendur
Allur heimurinn skr
Nema stendur

Posts: 694 | From: York, UK | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NancyFancyPants
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NancyFancyPants     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pikey Queen:
Teenwitch?

That was Lucas in "Empire Records."

"Shopping in your sleep again?"

--------------------

Posts: 296 | From: Munhall, PA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NancyFancyPants
Deck the Malls

Too hard? Then here's an easier one to get it going again:

"Looks like two pigs fightin' under a blanket."

--------------------

Zamboni_Rodeo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zamboni_Rodeo     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NancyFancyPants:
"Looks like two pigs fightin' under a blanket."

Steel Magnolias.

"Somebody blows their nose and you want to keep it?"

--------------------
Where's the challenge in wassailing at Christmas? The place is lousy with wassail!

Posts: 232 | From: Raleigh, NC | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Midgard_Dragon

Ghost Busters

"L: Can anyone tell me who or what this is?

M: Don't know, but I guess it never has to look for a can opener."

--------------------
Midgard Dragon
-==UDIC==-
MidgardDragon's MySpace

Wild Card
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wild Card     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Midgard_Dragon:
"L: Can anyone tell me who or what this is?

M: Don't know, but I guess it never has to look for a can opener."

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

"Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn."

--------------------
"It's a perfect system...unless it screws up." -Biology Professor

Posts: 495 | From: Orange County, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zamboni_Rodeo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zamboni_Rodeo     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll guess Speed.

If that's correct, then the next quote is:

"Never play Lady of Spain again!!!"

--------------------
Where's the challenge in wassailing at Christmas? The place is lousy with wassail!

Posts: 232 | From: Raleigh, NC | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Icon 607 posted      Profile for chillas     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wild Card:

"Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn."

Actually, that's from Better Off Dead.

"Rubber baby buggy bumpers! Ha! You didn't know I was going to say that, did you?"

--------------------
Come on, come on - spin a little tighter
Come on, come on - and the world's a little brighter

Posts: 5595 | From: Columbus, OH : The Soccer Capital of America | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
smackmac
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smackmac     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Finally!! It's been bugging the crap out of me and it just popped into my head.

"Last Action Hero"

My contribution, which has been so apropos these past few months:

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue."

Edited to remove a stray letter

--------------------
"Maybe getting in the last word doesn't really mean you win." - The Clarks

Posts: 486 | From: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brad from Georgia

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad from Georgia   Author's Homepage   E-mail Brad from Georgia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That was from Airplane! and was spoken by the Lloyd Bridges character. How about the chthonic, eldritch quote

"I'd hate to die in a dungheap like this!"

--------------------
"No hard feelin's and HOPpy New Year!"--Walt Kelly
Hear what you're missing: ARTC podcasts! http://artcpodcast.org/

Posts: 7581 | From: Gainesville, Georgia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AliBaba
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 01 posted      Profile for AliBaba   E-mail AliBaba   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
oooh, "Seven Samurai", yeah?

Okay, here's mine.
quote:
They look like two gravediggers taking one of their customers for a walk
I mean, assuming I was right.

Ali "you may quote me" Baba

Posts: 3068 | From: Kensington, MD | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brad from Georgia

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad from Georgia   Author's Homepage   E-mail Brad from Georgia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ya got it, Ali. Toshiro Mifune, the man with the biggest sword in the world.

--------------------

Posts: 7581 | From: Gainesville, Georgia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brad from Georgia

Well, if nobody else is gonna answer Ali, I'll hazard an opinion:

Kung Fu Hustle?

--------------------

Artemis
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Artemis   E-mail Artemis   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think we need to bring this thread back. I'm going to list a quote:

quote:
That's a pretty ****ing good milkshake. I don't know if it's worth five dollars but it's pretty ****ing good.

--------------------
"You can't play Electro-magnetic Golf according to the rules of Centrifugal Bumble Puppy."
-Mustapha Mond, "Brave New World"

Posts: 679 | From: New York | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages