snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » Weird News » Student Causes Stir with Hitler Costume

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Student Causes Stir with Hitler Costume
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 18 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A Brooklyn high school student caused a stir when he showed up for class dressed as Adolf Hitler for Halloween.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20061101/D8L4BAR80.html

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Troberg
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troberg     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, perhaps someone could find a white sheet and help him dress as a ghost instead...

--------------------
/Troberg

Posts: 4360 | From: Borlänge, Sweden | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Delta-V
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Delta-V     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Troberg:
Well, perhaps someone could find a white sheet and help him dress as a ghost instead...

Maybe, but I hear the lunchroom chef is afraid of ghosts...

--------------------
"My neighbor asked why anyone would need a car that can go 190 mph. If the answer isn't obvious, and explaination won't help." - Csabe Csere

Posts: 1225 | From: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Doug4.7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug4.7   E-mail Doug4.7   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Obviously we have different experiences...

When I first started reading your post, I thought
white sheet == KKK [Eek!]
That would have gone well with the "Hilter" garb.

--------------------
And now for something completely different...

Posts: 4164 | From: Alabama | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Troodon
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troodon     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think that was the joke.

--------------------
Fools! You've over-estimated me!

Posts: 3745 | From: New York City | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago

Icon 05 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Do ya' think maybe this kid is kin to Bonnie Prince Henry? [lol]

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Troberg

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troberg     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

white sheet == KKK

Seen South Park? Cartman dressed up as Hitler, teacher made him into a ghost, Chef thought it was KKK attire.

--------------------
/Troberg

Posts: 4360 | From: Borlänge, Sweden | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Don Enrico
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Enrico   E-mail Don Enrico   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Signora Del Drago:

Maybe they were all mistaken , and he really was dressing up as Prince Henry?

[Wink]

Don Enrico

--------------------
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling, but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places. - Pooh Bear

Posts: 2209 | From: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tarquin Farquart
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tarquin Farquart   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Don Enrico:
quote:
Originally posted by Signora Del Drago:

Maybe they were all mistaken , and he really was dressing up as Prince Henry?

[Wink]

Don Enrico

Or Prince Harry

ETA: I've noticed from the Wikipedia name Prince Harry's full name is Henry Charles Albert David Mountbatten-Windsor. I never knew that.

--------------------
I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from "Now We Are Six" through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So there!

Posts: 802 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ComicBookGeek
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ComicBookGeek     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
a lot of schools have banned the swastika. They could easily suspend him based on that.

--------------------
My Blog

Posts: 177 | From: Mobile, AL | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Delta-V
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Delta-V     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

white sheet == KKK

Seen South Park? Cartman dressed up as Hitler, teacher made him into a ghost, Chef thought it was KKK attire.
[URL= http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8271938025086962141&q=%22south+park%22+pinkeye]Here[/URL]

Edit: hmmm...UBB codes not working now?

--------------------
"My neighbor asked why anyone would need a car that can go 190 mph. If the answer isn't obvious, and explaination won't help." - Csabe Csere

Posts: 1225 | From: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Troberg

quote:
a lot of schools have banned the swastika. They could easily suspend him based on that.
From the picture in a Swedish paper, it looked like he had changed the swastika a bit.

--------------------
/Troberg

Jai
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jai   E-mail Jai   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I am just pissed off that the nazi's spoiled the swastika for everyone.... it's actually a tibetian good luck symbol...and for hindu's (like my ancestors, I'm Indian) it is a religious symbol meaning something like good health or good fortune, a blessing of sorts.
Damn you hitler!!!! Just another sin in your long line of sins!

Posts: 1 | From: Fiji | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Major D. Saster
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Major D. Saster         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Speaking of prince Harry's similar trouble, I can't resist showing this one :

-

--------------------
Desperate, but not serious.

Posts: 689 | From: Confoederatio Helvetica | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Publius
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Publius     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
God, couldn't he have done the tasteful thing and dressed up as some other ghoulish personification of death?
Posts: 1640 | From: New Haven, CT | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Hans Off
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hans Off   E-mail Hans Off   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Down the slide we go to the swastika discussion.

Wheeeeeeeeee...........................!!!!

--------------------
"British English speakers point to Americans adding more syllables so that they can make even more noise without actually saying anything." Llewtrah

Posts: 2235 | From: Sussex , UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NancyFancyPants
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NancyFancyPants     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My friend's daughter dressed as Hitler for Halloween. She also has a strange fascination with him. I've made arrangements with our local Holocaust Center to have a Holocaust survivor make a presentation to her class. Hopefully that will have an impact.

--------------------
And on the 7th day, God said, "Let there be lips!"

Posts: 296 | From: Munhall, PA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Major D. Saster
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Major D. Saster         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hans Off:
Down the slide we go to the swastika discussion.

Wheeeeeeeeee...........................!!!!

Hardly. Hitler didn't wear a swastika on his arm all the time. Maybe we could have a Hitler-haircut-and-mustache discussion [Wink]

--------------------

Posts: 689 | From: Confoederatio Helvetica | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DadOf3
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DadOf3     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NancyFancyPants:
My friend's daughter dressed as Hitler for Halloween. She also has a strange fascination with him. I've made arrangements with our local Holocaust Center to have a Holocaust survivor make a presentation to her class. Hopefully that will have an impact.

There is a much-overused word that is absolutely appropriate in this instance:

Awesome!

Posts: 539 | From: Nova Scotia | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Richard W
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard W   E-mail Richard W   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Major D. Saster:
Hardly. Hitler didn't wear a swastika on his arm all the time. Maybe we could have a Hitler-haircut-and-mustache discussion [Wink]

I'm certainly upset that I can no longer wear my Charlie Chaplin disguise without being hounded by liberals.
Posts: 8725 | From: Ipswich - the UK's 9th Best Place to Sleep! | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dara bhur gCara
As Shepherds Watched Their Flocks Buy Now Pay Later

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dara bhur gCara     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Richard W:
quote:
Originally posted by Major D. Saster:

I'm certainly upset that I can no longer wear my Charlie Chaplin disguise without being hounded by liberals.
Tell me about it. I've had to give up my second career as a Ron-Mael-from-out-of-Sparks impersonator.

--------------------
This wrinkle in time, I can't give it no credit, I thought about my space and it really got me down.
Got me so down, I got me a headache, My heart is crammed in my cranium and it still knows how to pound

Posts: 2794 | From: London, UK | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
trollface
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trollface   Author's Homepage   E-mail trollface   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm not sure how true this is or not, but I've read that Hitler hated the 'tash, but it was a deliberate copy of Chaplin, to appeal to the masses, in the same kind of way that you'll never see Blair wearing a tie or without a cup of tea in his hand these days.

--------------------
seriously , everyone on here , just trys to give someone crap about something they do !! , its shitting me to tears.

Posts: 16061 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Major D. Saster
The First USA Noel

Trollface, I don't think so. This type of mustache just happened to be popular from the late 1910's to the 1930's. Afterwards, it wasn't any more. Go figure.

--------------------

Damian
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Damian   E-mail Damian   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oliver Hardy also sported the "Hitler Mustache" in the 1920's.

--------------------
"I always tell the truth. Even when I lie." - Tony Montana

Posts: 890 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages