snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Old Wives' Tales » Eye color= Personality? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Eye color= Personality?
Tzarina
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tzarina     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My eye change color depending on mood, and what I wear. They're normally a light grey shade and will pale to nearly white when I'm sick.
They will turn any color from turquoise to olive green, just by changing my shirt. My mom thinks it's funny that my eyes always match my outfits.

I've tried colored contacts, but they don't change the color of my eyes. Quite disappointing. (I tried lavender lenses, not brown or anything like that)

The kid has blue eys that are deep violet when she wear purple. They're amazingly bright blue when she wears pale pink.

My eldest sister has eyes that change from deep green to yellow like a cat's eyes. She calls them hazel, but that doesn't really do the color justice.

Posts: 1359 | From: Akron, Ohio | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
guruwan2b
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guruwan2b   Author's Homepage   E-mail guruwan2b   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My eye doctor said my eye color is true blue. He said I have the truest blue eyes he has ever seen.
I once asked if he could give me a contact that would slightly change my eye color. Just for something different. He said most people are trying for my color. He suggested a different brand. Didn't really change much.

I have a blue-eyed daughter, a green-eyed daughter and the youngest daughter has hazel eyes.

--------------------
Too much of this navel gazing and we'll disappear up our own arses.
Danvers Carew

Posts: 7465 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Llewtrah
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Llewtrah   Author's Homepage   E-mail Llewtrah   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My eye doctor once told me I had lovely retinas.

His comment was in a purely professional capacity, but it left me wondering whether this was the optician's/optometrist's version of the "lovely eyes" chat-up line!

--------------------
Messybeast Cat Resource Archive
Llewtrah's Soapbox

Posts: 2040 | From: Chelmsford, Essex, England | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Esprise Me
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Esprise Me     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I minored in psychology, and one of the things we studied was the effect of appearance on social acceptance--the "beauty is good" stereotype, prejudice against overweight people, racism, etc. We didn't examine the subject in great depth, and I've always wanted to know more about it. I've heard actresses comment on the effect of changing their hair color, saying people take them more seriously as brunettes. Friends of mine who have colored their hair haven't noticed a difference in how they were perceived, but they have said that it makes them feel more like themselves, which I suppose indicates at least a certain level of self-acceptance resulting from the change in appearance.

I wonder if eye color affects the way others perceive you, or the way you perceive yourself. I know that people tend to characterize brown eyes as sensual, for example, or green eyes as sexy, but I wonder if people actually make that association when they see people with that eye color. Maybe those perceptions are like those about blondes, who, in my experience, are not perceived as less intelligent, dumb blonde jokes notwithstanding.

--------------------
"If God wrote it, the grammar must be infallible. Perhaps it is we who are mistaken." -MapleLeaf

Posts: 977 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages