snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Old Wives' Tales » Eye color= Personality? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Eye color= Personality?
Clarity
Toys to the World

Icon 102 posted      Profile for Clarity   E-mail Clarity   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I got sent one of those dumb chain quizzes that purportedly tells you what your personality is like based on your eye color, like blue eyed people are more outgoing, brown eyed are more sensual, whatever. Total crap, right? So I google "eye color personality" and get these:
kooky
ditzy
The second is pretty much word-for-word what I got on MySpace. The first one, I read through and it says that green or hazel eyes are due to "toxins" accumulating in people who should have blue eyes... Hmm, so my beautiful eyes mean I'm full of toxins? If any of you know someone who subscribes to this, tell us about it. I'm curious, because it's crazy.
I never know what color I should say my eyes are, anyway. I like to say yellow, but thats not a recognized human eye color, so what do you call that? Any optometrists here who can tell me?

--------------------
Kevin: Pink Bunkadoo?
Randall: Yeah. Beautiful tree that was. Og designed it. 600 feet high, bright red, and smelled terrible.

Posts: 71 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Richl
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richl   E-mail Richl   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You have the same eyes I do and I always said my eyes are hazel. But then again on good days my eyes are green, so I must have some good toxins in my eyes.
Posts: 106 | From: Mesa, AZ | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snapdragonfly
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snapdragonfly     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You have beautiful eyes. I would call them hazel.

That eye color thing was about the most useless waste of cyberspace I've seen yet. Every single color of eyes is hot, sexy, beautiful, and a good kisser. Yeah. So by definition, every human on the planet has all those qualities. If they do, and perhaps they do, then why bother to distinguish between them with eye color? [lol]

--------------------
"Wolves, dragons and vampires, man. Draw the nut-bars like big ol' nut-bar magnets." ~evilrabbit

(snurched because one of my nutbar family members is all about wolves and another one is all about dragons...)(with apologies to surfcitydogdad)

Posts: 2397 | From: Texarkana, TX | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Errata

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Errata   E-mail Errata   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The toxin crap is nonsense. There is more than one gene responsible for eye color pigment. My eyes are mixed like yours (although more blended, so they look about halfway between green and brown unless you're looking closely to see the rings). I just call them hazel. I can assure you I am neither kooky nor ditzy.
Posts: 2018 | From: Santa Barbara, California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Morrigan
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Morrigan   E-mail Morrigan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I would say you have hazel eyes-almost the same color as my brother's. We say that he has lion's eyes.

Mine are gray, which kind of sucks when taking those quizzes where you have to pick an eye color (most don't list gray as an acceptable color.) My eye doctor even said that my eyes were a true gray.

Morrigan

--------------------
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep." Robert Frost, Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening

Posts: 1701 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
erinker74
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for erinker74   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have not heard about color itself being linked to toxins, but perhaps the poster is confusing eye color with spots on the iris? There is a field of study called Iridology that purports ot be able to identify malfunctioning parts of the body via "spots" on certain parts of the iris.

I don't know how effective Iridology is but the "eye color equals personality" thing is a bunch of hooey (although I have no cite for that).

--------------------
"I bet a funny thing about driving a car off a cliff is, while you're in midair,
you still hit those brakes. Hey, better try the emergency brake." -Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

Posts: 245 | From: Gladstone, MO | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Setzer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Setzer   Author's Homepage   E-mail Setzer   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
They look yellow to me, with a hint of orange as an unofficial extra ring (Did I mention you look hot?). I know about the odd colors myself. They've changed about 5 itmes from blue to gray to two-tone olive to recently silver and now it's inner silver outer greenish (Not the ugly olive this time). I like the new shades.
Posts: 104 | From: Worden, Illinois | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Donelin
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donelin     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Clarity-I happen to think you have rather pretty golden-green eyes. I wonder what those folks would say about my eyes? Mine change with my moods. I have gray-blue-green eyes. I happen to know this is genetic because both my father and my daughter do too. I know it is mood and not clothing related because I have a double portrait (done in a weird 70's style) that shows me with both colors. (Blue and Green) The photographer had made me mad in between the shots.

--------------------
I have the body of a god--Sadly it is the Buddha

Posts: 35 | From: Central California | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Clarity
Toys to the World

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Clarity   E-mail Clarity   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by erinker74:
I have not heard about color itself being linked to toxins, but perhaps the poster is confusing eye color with spots on the iris? There is a field of study called Iridology that purports ot be able to identify malfunctioning parts of the body via "spots" on certain parts of the iris.

I don't know how effective Iridology is but the "eye color equals personality" thing is a bunch of hooey (although I have no cite for that).

Your site about Iridology is a little sketchy. It says a lot of the same things as my cite, and I'm getting the little "quackery" feeling in the back of my mind...
First off, it call the iris the irid. Not accepted medical terminology, as far as I know.
Second, one of its claims to being legit is that it is the "Wisdom of the Ages," because obviously everything our ancestors came up with is the truth, just like trepanning and bloodletting. Less than proven "alternative therapies" tend to use this line.
Third, they claim that they can spot health problems by examining the eyes before they occur. That way, they can sell you products to fix the "problem" and if it never happens, it's because the product worked, not that the diagnosis was wrong.
Fourth, look at this chart. I really doubt that there is any mechanism linking these areas so precisely to areas of the body. That was the kicker for me.
So, I hereby declare iridology a buncha hooey. Personal opinion, of course.
Oh yeah, and thanks for all the compliments, everyone! I guess my eyes are hazel, because the learned snopesters declare it so. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Randall: Yeah. Beautiful tree that was. Og designed it. 600 feet high, bright red, and smelled terrible.

Posts: 71 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jerry's Kids

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Jerry's Kids         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You have pretty hazel-green eyes! I have hazel-green also; my uncle has hazel-blue. I know it's strange...when I look at the color of my eyes closely I see a lot of yellow also.
Posts: 114 | From: Southern California | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Em
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Em   E-mail Em   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The most accurate description I've ever heard of my eye colour is "duck sh!t green". I prefer to think of them as hazel.

--------------------
What the NFBSK does YOMANK mean?

Posts: 1646 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Forgotten Fay

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forgotten Fay   Author's Homepage   E-mail Forgotten Fay   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Clarity, I'm not an optometrists, but I am an optician. I work with eyes all day long, and I must say, yours are amazing. To put your eyes into a "boxfitting" color, we'd say hazel. [Smile]

Forgotten "Don't Blink..." Fay

--------------------
"Smile for me when I cannot Smile anymore..." ~ Myself

Posts: 174 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Clarity
Toys to the World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarity   E-mail Clarity   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Forgotten Fay:
Clarity, I'm not an optometrists, but I am an optician. I work with eyes all day long, and I must say, yours are amazing. To put your eyes into a "boxfitting" color, we'd say hazel. [Smile]

Forgotten "Don't Blink..." Fay

Did I mean to say optician instead of optometrist? I honestly don't know the difference, so beg your pardon. [dunce]

--------------------

Rhiandmoi
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rhiandmoi   E-mail Rhiandmoi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Em:
The most accurate description I've ever heard of my eye colour is "duck sh!t green". I prefer to think of them as hazel.

I have been told my eyes are the color of raw sewage. I also prefer the word hazel.

--------------------
I think that hyperbole is the single greatest factor contributing to the decline of society. - My friend Pat.

What is .02 worth?

Posts: 8745 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ToadMagnet
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ToadMagnet   E-mail ToadMagnet   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Clarity:
Did I mean to say optician instead of optometrist? I honestly don't know the difference, so beg your pardon. [dunce]

No dunce cap needed, Clarity - two different specialties.

Optician:
A person who makes or sells eyeglasses and, usually, contact lenses, for remedying defects of vision in accordance with the prescriptions of ophthalmologists and optometrists.

Optometrist:
A person who is professionally trained and licensed to examine the eyes for visual defects, diagnose problems or impairments, and prescribe corrective lenses or provide other types of treatment.

You do have beautiful eyes, BTW.

Toad"Plain ol' blue, here"Magnet

--------------------
Listen ... it's Mellow!

Posts: 927 | From: Virginia | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NeeCD
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NeeCD   E-mail NeeCD       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have a similar eye-color, only with a little more gold around the pupil. From a distance they look more like a light brown than yours do. I once asked a guy in one of my high-school classes what color he thought they were, and he answered "a greenish, yellowish, brownish, pukish color." [Roll Eyes] Gee, thanks!

I have had a difficult time answering the "what's your eye-color" question, but like Deaddonelin did, I often refer to them as greenish-gold. For some reason, hazel never seemed right, but I guess that the snopesters have spoken, so hazel they are. [Smile]

--------------------
I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?

Posts: 1720 | From: Stafford Hamlet, OR | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snapdragonfly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snapdragonfly     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ToadMagnet:
quote:
Originally posted by Clarity:

No dunce cap needed, Clarity - two different specialties.

Optician:
A person who makes or sells eyeglasses and, usually, contact lenses, for remedying defects of vision in accordance with the prescriptions of ophthalmologists and optometrists.

Optometrist:
A person who is professionally trained and licensed to examine the eyes for visual defects, diagnose problems or impairments, and prescribe corrective lenses or provide other types of treatment.

You do have beautiful eyes, BTW.

Toad"Plain ol' blue, here"Magnet

Heh! I was an optician too. Back when you had to measure pd's with a little "pd stick." (a special ruler) nowadays they have some fancy schmancy newfangled gadget.

Mine are just plain old blue too.

--------------------
"Wolves, dragons and vampires, man. Draw the nut-bars like big ol' nut-bar magnets." ~evilrabbit

(snurched because one of my nutbar family members is all about wolves and another one is all about dragons...)(with apologies to surfcitydogdad)

Posts: 2397 | From: Texarkana, TX | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snapdragonfly

quote:
Originally posted by NeeCD:
I have a similar eye-color, only with a little more gold around the pupil. From a distance they look more like a light brown than yours do. I once asked a guy in one of my high-school classes what color he thought they were, and he answered "a greenish, yellowish, brownish, pukish color." [Roll Eyes] Gee, thanks!

I have had a difficult time answering the "what's your eye-color" question, but like Deaddonelin did, I often refer to them as greenish-gold. For some reason, hazel never seemed right, but I guess that the snopesters have spoken, so hazel they are. [Smile]

Hazel are eyes that are a combination of colors usually including green or brown. There's a lot of different ways that eyes can be hazel.

Eyes are cool. Brown eyes come in all colors and so do blue eyes but they just get called "brown" or "blue" too so don't feel bad about the non specificity of "hazel". ~ my daughter's eyes are a warm coppery brown and my husband's are a more golden brown, very different, but both called brown.

--------------------

Spooky Cactus

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spooky Cactus   E-mail Spooky Cactus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mine have little flecks and whirls all over them. Guess this means I'm *way* unhealthy.

--------------------
'When the world is dead and gone, we will still be Rocking On!' (J.P.McCartney)

Posts: 154 | From: Yorkshire, England | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Pikey Snow Queen
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Pikey Snow Queen   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mine tend to change colour. When I'm ill they are more grey and in certain lights they are more green but most of the time they are blue.

--------------------
Brosandi. Hendumst hringi
Hldumst hendur
Allur heimurinn skr
Nema stendur

Posts: 694 | From: York, UK | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Tea
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Tea   E-mail Jay Tea   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Pikey Snow Queen:
Mine tend to change colour. When I'm ill they are more grey and in certain lights they are more green but most of the time they are blue.

Me too, shifting from sorta Ocean Grey to Military Green, unless i've been smoking and drinking, then they're just red [lol]

--------------------
This is where I come up with something right? Something really clever...

Posts: 6552 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Llewtrah

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Llewtrah   Author's Homepage   E-mail Llewtrah   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
There are a few medical conditions that affect eye colour/appearance. High cholesterol can cause a white band around the iris. I was told that trauma can cause a change in eye colour.

Eye colour will also look different in different light!

--------------------
Messybeast Cat Resource Archive
Llewtrah's Soapbox

Posts: 2040 | From: Chelmsford, Essex, England | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Malruhn
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malruhn   E-mail Malruhn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Is that physical or emotional trauma?

When I was young, I had deep brown eyes - my family used to say it was because I full of crap up to my forehead, but that is fodder for another thread...

When I was a teen, my eyes "washed" out, and became more hazel. However, I found in my 20's that they would change color a bit when I thought to look at them.

After I went to the first Gulf War and met my eventual beloved bride, my eyes were blue... with bits of hazel around the pupil. She accused me of having several sets of colored contacts when she began seeing different colors. I told her that she was on drugs, because people with glasses don't wear contacts... [Wink]

After years of paying attention, my eyes change colors according to mood.

Mad=brown (the deeper, the more angry I am)
Content=blue (after a good meal or sex)
Happy/playful=hazel
Horny=green (the deeper, the hornier)

I've been known to run the gamut within one day...

What the heck does that say about my genes? Do I have like four fathers or something?? [lol]

--------------------
Opinions aren't excuses to remain ignorant about subjects, nor are they excuses to never examine one's beliefs & prejudices...

Babies are like tattoos. You see other peoples' & they're cool, but yours is never as good & you can't get rid of it.

Posts: 5622 | From: Jax, Florida | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
cubbie
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cubbie   Author's Homepage   E-mail cubbie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I agree with everyone that says that your eyes are hazel, and your eyes look almost like mine. except for me one eye has more brown than green, and the othe other is more green than brown.

--------------------
i reject reality and submit my own

Posts: 359 | From: Lansing, Michigan | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Llewtrah

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Llewtrah   Author's Homepage   E-mail Llewtrah   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Malruhn:
Is that physical or emotional trauma?

When I was young, I had deep brown eyes - my family used to say it was because I full of crap up to my forehead, but that is fodder for another thread...

When I was a teen, my eyes "washed" out, and became more hazel. However, I found in my 20's that they would change color a bit when I thought to look at them.

After I went to the first Gulf War and met my eventual beloved bride, my eyes were blue... with bits of hazel around the pupil. She accused me of having several sets of colored contacts when she began seeing different colors. I told her that she was on drugs, because people with glasses don't wear contacts... [Wink]

Mad=brown (the deeper, the more angry I am)
Content=blue (after a good meal or sex)
Happy/playful=hazel
Horny=green (the deeper, the hornier)

I've been known to run the gamut within one day...

What the heck does that say about my genes? Do I have like four fathers or something?? [lol]

I meant trauma in the medical sense of "injury". The colour might get deeper, possibly, with excitement because the iris (muscle) is contracting in order to dilate the pupil and this concentrates the pigment in a smaller area. Also more blood flow to that muscle might make it darker? When relaxed, the pupil is contracted and the iris muscle is relaxed so perhaps the pigment is spread out over a wider area, hence appearing paler? My eye stuff is well out of date so someone would have to check on eye structure and function.

--------------------
Llewtrah's Soapbox

Posts: 2040 | From: Chelmsford, Essex, England | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Syllavus
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Syllavus     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm another one who always feels a bit clueless when I have to put down "eye color" on forms. My eyes aren't at all green, nor are they a light brownish color, so hazel doesn't really work. They distinctly have a ring of brown on the inside of the iris, and a ring of blue on the outside of the iris, and the two rings blend together. So my eyes are blue AND brown, but you can't put THAT down on a form. I haven't a picture of them unfortunately.

ETA: I actually managed to take a shot that turned out decent. What on earth would you call this color?

--------------------
"That would be really dangerous, you know. Indiscriminately extricating someone from the petrified corpse of a supernatural creature." - My Husband

Posts: 4308 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Llewtrah

Syllavus, I think the term is dichroic (2-shaded), at least that's the term I'm familiar with in the feline literature. With lots of genes affecting eye colour you're bound to get people with interesting mixtures and shadings.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dichroic

--------------------
Llewtrah's Soapbox

Maddie
Rejoice, Rejoice, I've Found the Manuel!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maddie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Syllavus, your eyes are so pretty! I've never seen two-shaded eyes before.

I don't even know what color my eyes are, now. I guess they're hazel, but they're not the cool kind of hazel, like Clarity's. There just brown with green & yellow lines. I don't even know if that qualifies as hazel.

--------------------
"I'm sorry for your loss. Your mother was a terribly attractive woman." - Royal Tenenbaum

Posts: 44 | From: Harrisburg, PA | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I knew a woman who had one blue eye and one brown eye. She didn't care for the look, and had colored contact lenses years before they became common.

There was a girl in my high school who had golden-yellow eyes. Her hair and eyes actually matched.

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Simon Says
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Simon Says   E-mail Simon Says   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Malruhn:
When I was young, I had deep brown eyes ...

After I went to the first Gulf War and met my eventual beloved bride, my eyes were blue... with bits of hazel around the pupil. ...

I was about to reply to this and say it was crap...nobody's eyes change that much BUT... check out this wiki of National Geographic's Afghan girl from 1984 and then again from 2002. Now click on the close up of the two photos. Wow... that's some difference!
Posts: 624 | From: Kansas | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
UrbanReindeer
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UrbanReindeer     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhiandmoi:
quote:
Originally posted by Em:

I have been told my eyes are the color of raw sewage. I also prefer the word hazel.
I call my daughter's eye color "ancient forest". They are a dark hazel that tends toward green. I've never come up with a good description of my own eye color. They are blue, for sure, but a sort of "flinty" blue. I'm often asked if I wear colored contacts, so it seems to be an unusual blue.

--------------------
"He feeds the sparrows of the field, but He doesn't sit there and cram worms into their mouths." -- Mouse

Posts: 396 | From: Pasadena, CA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
christmas tree kitapper
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for christmas tree kitapper     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My eyes used to be blue; now they are grey. They also used to have cool little yellow flecks in them, but not anymore.

My sister's eyes are blue/green.

My mother's eyes were so blue they looked violet much of the time.

--------------------
"I have never in my life been more disappointed by a politician I voted for than I have been with George Bush. He is a total liberal."- overheard by me on the shuttle to the U of A game on Nov. 11th.

Posts: 3878 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lady Neeva
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Neeva   E-mail Lady Neeva   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My eyes started out a very bright shade of dark blue, almost the same shade as a siamese cats. 30 years later, they are a blue-grey color and they get more grey and less blue every year lol.
Posts: 58 | From: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Llewtrah

This article might be of interest in the eye colour discussion - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/6195091.stm

--------------------
Llewtrah's Soapbox

I saw Mommy kismet Santa Claus

Icon 1 posted      Profile for I saw Mommy kismet Santa Claus   E-mail I saw Mommy kismet Santa Claus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My eyes are a greenish hazel, but due to family genetics I suspect they are really a blue/brown hazel. When I'm mad, they tend to get dark and everyone thinks they are brown or black. When I'm happy, people think they are blue. Normally, they look green.

My niece has the most awesome turquoise eyes. I suspect it's a blue/green hazel.

As for the personality thing, does that mean that almost the entire continent of Africa has the same personality? And East Asia? And Sweden on the other end of the spectrum? Silly.

Posts: 2115 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages