snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Politics » Dictators and golf

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dictators and golf
mouse goddess
We Three Blings

Icon 203 posted      Profile for mouse goddess   E-mail mouse goddess   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Troberg reminded me of this.

I'd heard recently that when Kim Jong Il went golfing for the first time, he shot several (Troberg says 11) holes in one.

Thing is, I could SWEAR I remember hearing the same thing about Saddam Hussein back when Gulf War I was going on.

Soooooo.....
Are their propoganda machines that unoriginal, that they send out the same information?
or
Is it our own country's propaganda, spread to make the dictator look ridiculous, with their wild delusions of grandeur?

--------------------
"this could increase your brain power, or it could kill you..." "Increase my killing power, ehh???"

Posts: 1153 | From: Houston, TX | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Troberg
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troberg     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Or are they really that good golf players? [fish]

--------------------
/Troberg

Posts: 4360 | From: Borlänge, Sweden | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Groundhog
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Groundhog     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
An especially amazing feat when you consider how he uses the heads of his political opponents as balls.
Posts: 39 | From: Kettering, Ohio | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Major D. Saster
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Major D. Saster         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Reminds me of Idi Amin Dada and his delusions of being a great rally pilot. He organized races in Uganda, and, as no one would dare to overtake him, he invariably won.

Apparently, the rallyes looked like strange, brightly-coloured funeral convoys, with all "competitors" gently following the self-appointed Field-Marshall and President, who had bought all of his medals (including the Victoria Cross) from various antique and militaria shops.

--------------------
Desperate, but not serious.

Posts: 689 | From: Confoederatio Helvetica | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages