snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Politics » Al Gore, non-environmentalist (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Al Gore, non-environmentalist
Rhiandmoi
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rhiandmoi   E-mail Rhiandmoi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I require a lot of carbon. In fact I think I could go for some right now.

--------------------
I think that hyperbole is the single greatest factor contributing to the decline of society. - My friend Pat.

What is .02 worth?

Posts: 8745 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 3rdshifter:
This topic starts on page one Anjl...... and i have provided links to support what i have stated

It's "Angl" and, in fact, you have not provided links that support what you have stated.

You claim:
quote:
Al "the bore" Gore cant practice what he preaches
When asked to demonstrate you have, thus far, failed to do so. In fact, the USAToday article you posted on page 1 of this thread demonstrates that he does, in fact, drive a hybrid.

You further claim
quote:
"lives a lavish lifestyle driving large
vehicles (not registered in his name to maintain credibility), flies many
places on private chartered full size jet airplanes (not smaller business
jets), and of course large residences.

You have not demonstrated that he lives a lavish lifestyle or that he drives large vehicles not registered in his name to maintain credibility, or that his flying small chartered jets or living in large homes is not leading by example. Those claims have been challenged by others; you have failed to make your claim.

quote:
you can also watch Al Gores movie on youtube which i have done

Good for you; its presence there is a copyright violation, however, so I won't watch it there.

quote:
and i also referance this in several of my posts so if this isnt the proof you require fine.

"Referance" it all you want to; that doesn't mean your claims have been proven by those cites.

quote:
But it is adequate and at least i have tried to provide proof unlike you who has claimed hes leading a carbon free life and hasn't even attempted to prove it.

Show me where I made such a claim.

quote:
By modest i mean live in a house not so huge as say 10,000 square feet i really do not care he has 3 houses its the size of each at issue if they were all huge houses powered by green energy or whatever fine but they arent so what im saying is why not cut back and show you are actually trying to do something like you are asking me to do.

So what does it matter how large his house is? Have you heard of the Dilbert House? If not, google it.

quote:
I have also told of a few things i have done to reduce my energy use and how i support different things. again Anjl...... read ALL my posts starting on page one.
Yet again, I have.

--------------------
"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."--George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 19266 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 606 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I have come to the conclusion that alot of people on This board just choose to be argumentitive. Anytime someone posts something regardless of their proof or evidence someone will say they are wrong.
Translation: "I'm disgruntled you all won't accept the idea that my saying something over and over makes it true."

- snopes

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
OrsonWelles
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OrsonWelles   E-mail OrsonWelles       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Snopes, thats true though some people DO refuse to listen to evidence. Its called "truthiness", to quote Stephen Colbert. They know something to be right that no evidence in the world will convince them otherwise, and they cant handle anyone else questioning them.
Posts: 17 | From: Canberra, Australia | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Barbara
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 504 posted      Profile for Barbara   Author's Homepage   E-mail Barbara   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by OrsonWelles:
They know something to be right that no evidence in the world will convince them otherwise, and they cant handle anyone else questioning them.

You don't need to explain that to him, OrsonWelles - snopes is a married feller.

Barbara " [Smile] " Mikkelson

Posts: 2511 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Barbara:
quote:
Originally posted by OrsonWelles:
They know something to be right that no evidence in the world will convince them otherwise, and they cant handle anyone else questioning them.

You don't need to explain that to him, OrsonWelles - snopes is a married feller.
'Round here we call it "seldom in error, but never in doubt."

Four Kitties

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Others have addressed everything else I wanted to say, but I just had to point out:

quote:
Originally posted by 3rdshifter:
By modest i mean live in a house not so huge as say 10,000 square feet i really do not care he has 3 houses its the size of each at issue if they were all huge houses powered by green energy or whatever fine but they arent so what im saying is why not cut back and show you are actually trying to do something like you are asking me to do.

Friendly tip, 3rdshifter: 73-word sentences rarely work in print.

(Oh, and I still don't get why his message is dependant on his lifestyle. If a smoker tells me not to start, that this person is a smoker doesn't take away from the message's validity.)

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
faceless007
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faceless007   E-mail faceless007   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Errata:
quote:
Originally posted by faceless007:
I'm not taking sides on this argument, but I think this "terrifying message from Al Gore" is rather relevant in light of this thread. Enjoy.

Yeah thats a clip from the movie.
No, it's not, although a clip from "Futurama" does appear in "An Inconvenient Truth"; it's a fake PSA about the dangers of global warming. But Gore isn't in that clip.
Posts: 940 | From: California | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages