snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Politics » Austrian national anthem

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Austrian national anthem
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 09 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
It's a possibly apocryphal story that the military band in Ronald Reagan's White House played Edelweiss as the Austrian national anthem.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
pirateslife
Deck the Malls

Icon 505 posted      Profile for pirateslife   Author's Homepage   E-mail pirateslife   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
When the Nazis finally appear (far too late and too few), I had to bite my knuckles to stop myself shouting: “They’re hiding in the graveyard. Hurry and you’ll get the lot.”
This person's heard this legend. [Big Grin]

ETA link

--------------------
If the world were logical, men would ride sidesaddle. -Mama

I won't ask "Am I weird?" because that ship sailed long ago. -Kahuna Burger

Posts: 394 | From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jason Threadslayer
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason Threadslayer     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Maybe the Pia Zadora legend originates with this (800 times Peter van Daan):

quote:
There is a line in the play where Otto Frank is talking to Mr. Kraler. It is a light moment in the play. Suddenly Otto says to Mr. Kraler: 'Did we start the war, did the Jews start the war?' It is a joke and everyone laughs. But every once in a while, not too often, we’d hear someone shout from the audience: 'Yes, you did!' You never knew when that was going to happen.

--------------------
All posts foretold by Nostradamus.

Turing test failures: 6

Posts: 5481 | From: Decatur, GA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages