snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Politics » Top 3 Republican Presidential Frontrunners Are All Adulterers? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Top 3 Republican Presidential Frontrunners Are All Adulterers?
Simply Madeline
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Simply Madeline     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by First of Two:
quote:
Originally posted by Simply Madeline:
quote:
Originally posted by First of Two:
Small things always get bigger when you lie about them to the authorities. I learned this as a small child, pity Clinton and his fluffers here didn't.

Could you please point out where someone in this thread is fluffing Clinton?
Every time someone repeats the fib that the impeachment was about having sex, not lying under oath. There was no count of "NFBSKing" in the indictment.
Okay, I've counted 2 references to Clinton's impeachment in this thread. I didn't count references to Clinton's indiscretions which did not mention impeachment, because Clinton was raked over the coals for his infidelity even by those who were not in favor of impeachment. So, simply referencing Clinton does not equal 'fibbing'* about the impeachment, nor does it amount to fluffing.

*I really don't want to re-hash the whole "Clinton was using the definition of sex provided by Paula Jones' lawyers" thing again.

Posts: 763 | From: Chicago | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ryda Wong, EBfCo.
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   E-mail Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ShadowX81:
Personally, I can never trust a man who can't keep the promise that should be most sacred to him.

I'm guessing there are many married folk who don't really consider their marriage to be "sacred," especially since marraige doesn't have to be anything other than a civil arrangement.

Politicians, like preachers, are expected to marry. If they don't, all sorts of rumors fly.

Now, I am never, ever, one to support lying. Honesty is very, very important in personal arrangements. However, being dishonest in personal arrangements is sort of de riguer in our culture, and is held in quite a different light than breaking the law.

--------------------
So many spankings! It feels so good! But at the same time, I don't care about meeting your family! - I'mNotDedalus:

Posts: 3216 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages