snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Politics » War on Easter

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: War on Easter
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 107 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Is this a rumor? I've gotten 3 emails this week about it.

'War on Easter' waged

Atheists hiding DVD copies of anti-Jesus film in churches

http://www.infowars.com/articles/society_destruction/easter_atheists_hide_anti_jesus_dvds_in_churches.htm

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 605 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow, I guess we should have held out for royalties. At one cent per copy, we'd have made $6.66!

- snopes

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Gydna
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gydna     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
So they should, Christians are always infiltrating pro-Jesus material into every hotel room I stay in, why shouldn't the atheists challenge them back.

--------------------
Churchill drank, smoked and was a successful amateur painter. Hitler was a teetotal, vegetarian, animal loving failed professional painter. Draw your own conclusions!

Posts: 34 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
skeptic
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skeptic         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Even as an atheist I find this pathetic. I don't go around trying to stop people beliveing what they want (unless the belief is something that requires challenging like that women are second class citizens etc).
Nor do I think people go to church to hide from the truth. There is a strong community spirit in churches, and I have been to church events with family and friends to enjoy it, without believing what they believe.
But the most annoying thing here is the thought that atheist are some sort of organised group, battling with the religious of the world.
This man needs to get a life, or at least channel his energy in to fighting some of the religious extremism that dominates world headlines every day.

--------------------
I like free speech. It lets me know who the idiots are.

Posts: 407 | From: Ireland | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ryda Wong, EBfCo.
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   E-mail Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think it's funny, but not effective. It seems to be a result of the idea, "Well, they're blaming us for it already, we might as well give 'em something real to go on."

Unfortunatly, I don't think the pCm's are going to get the sarcasm. ANd it is a bit mature. This is something I would have done at 17. Or now, when I'm drunk, but....

--------------------
So many spankings! It feels so good! But at the same time, I don't care about meeting your family! - I'mNotDedalus:

Posts: 3216 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
moonfall86
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonfall86   E-mail moonfall86   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think you mean "IMmature," Ryda.

Also, the "666" theme seems a little silly. That number isn't usually associated with atheism, though I suppose the idea is annoying Christians rather than promoting the occult.

I hope the "War on Christmas" stuff dies down. One year of it was enough, thanks.

Posts: 885 | From: Florida | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Doug4.7
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Doug4.7   E-mail Doug4.7   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Atheists hiding DVD copies of anti-Jesus film in churches

What? Jesus Christ Superstar? Maybe The Life of Brian or The Last Temptation of Christ? [Wink]

--------------------
And now for something completely different...

Posts: 4164 | From: Alabama | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey Blue
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey Blue     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
So they should, Christians are always infiltrating pro-Jesus material into every hotel room I stay in, why shouldn't the atheists challenge them back.
Pro-Atheist and anti-christian are two different things.

--------------------
"All people are responsible for the good that they didn't do"

Posts: 4774 | From: Virginia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Gydna
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gydna     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mickey Boo,

Fair point, I don't believe in being aggressive towards anyone else's views. I guess it depends on the contents of the DVD. Is it a rationally argued documentary trying to disprove some of the tenets of Christianity which I think would be fair game. Or is it some anti-Christian diatribe which would not.

--------------------
Churchill drank, smoked and was a successful amateur painter. Hitler was a teetotal, vegetarian, animal loving failed professional painter. Draw your own conclusions!

Posts: 34 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Barbara R.
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbara R.   E-mail Barbara R.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have never heard of any film entitled "The God Who Isn't There." This is the anti-Jesus film which Flemming is supposedly placing in churches.

If it does exist, when and where was it made? Was it based on a book?

Barbara R.

Posts: 378 | From: Boonville, Missouri USA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
CannonFodder Global Trotter
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CannonFodder Global Trotter   Author's Homepage   E-mail CannonFodder Global Trotter   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think the 'Bullshit' episode on the bible would be much more fun. But I just enjoy their show, no matter what.

--------------------
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."

Posts: 2776 | From: LSA Anaconda, Iraq | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jason Threadslayer
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason Threadslayer     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Barbara R.:
I have never heard of any film entitled "The God Who Isn't There." This is the anti-Jesus film which Flemming is supposedly placing in churches.

If it does exist, when and where was it made? Was it based on a book?

The God Who Wasn't There

As an added bonus:

War on Easter

--------------------
All posts foretold by Nostradamus.

Turing test failures: 6

Posts: 5481 | From: Decatur, GA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ink Rose
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ink Rose   Author's Homepage   E-mail Ink Rose   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Now I gotta see those. DAWKINS? HOLY MOTHER OF ANGSTY SOPPING WET CODFISH!!!!! (Ow, the CAPS hurt my eyes)

Now I GOTTA see it.

--------------------
Comic: http://elfhome.keenspace.com

Posts: 388 | From: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seraphina
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seraphina   E-mail Seraphina   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, this guy was a fundementalist christian and now he is fundamentalist anti christian? Guess there is plenty of rather frightening "christians" around, the guy standing on the corner and chanting "god hates gays and Swedes", springs into my mind. So maybe there is a place for somebody chanting "god does not exist"???
Posts: 214 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Malruhn
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malruhn   E-mail Malruhn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The most fervent fans are those who convert... so a converted atheist would be VERY strong in his or her belief system... erm... NON-belief system.

--------------------
Opinions aren't excuses to remain ignorant about subjects, nor are they excuses to never examine one's beliefs & prejudices...

Babies are like tattoos. You see other peoples' & they're cool, but yours is never as good & you can't get rid of it.

Posts: 5622 | From: Jax, Florida | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
beaver_slayer
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaver_slayer     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hiding atheist movies in churches is a fair game. Afterall, there's no lack of creationism books in college libraries. If people don't wan't to watch atheist movies they may chose not to.
Posts: 246 | From: Toronto, ON / Kyiv, Ukraine | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Richard W
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard W   E-mail Richard W   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ink Rose:
Now I gotta see those. DAWKINS? HOLY MOTHER OF ANGSTY SOPPING WET CODFISH!!!!! (Ow, the CAPS hurt my eyes)

Now I GOTTA see it.

And also David and Barbara Mikkelson, as Themselves...!
Posts: 8725 | From: Ipswich - the UK's 9th Best Place to Sleep! | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zachary Fizz
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zachary Fizz     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Richard W:
And also David and Barbara Mikkelson, as Themselves...!

Cool!

So I've been chided for incivility by a film star? (and she got higher billing than snopes). Woot!

I wouldn't have a problem with putting links to snopes.com in hotel rooms.

Posts: 2370 | From: Arabia | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages