snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Politics » Caught on tape: Infamous gaffes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Caught on tape: Infamous gaffes
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 09 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
To someone constantly in the spotlight, there is a constant danger that one's private opinions sneak into the public domain.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/5360412.stm

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
die daagliks phosdex
Monster Mashed Potatos & Grave-y

Icon 303 posted      Profile for die daagliks phosdex   Author's Homepage   E-mail die daagliks phosdex   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Don't quite know if this is relevant; however, there's whispers going around in the wake of what could best be called l'affaire Foley suggesting where the GOP may be out to engage in blackmail against certain Members of Congress and the media, and may be using the MSM as a tool of said blackmail.

Likely? Or just rumour-mongering exploiting recent scandal?

--------------------
"Nie lees die hoofopskrifte--lees die daagliks phosdex in plaas ..."

Posts: 1316 | From: Winona, MN | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mr. Billion
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Billion   Author's Homepage   E-mail Mr. Billion   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Tony Blair and George W Bush were caught by a microphone during a break at the G8 conference in Russia.

Mr Bush greeted his ally with the words "Yo, Blair", and opined that they needed to get "Hezbollah to stop doing this shit".

I'd read about the second part of the quote, but I hadn't heard the "Yo Blair" bit. Does he think he's a gangster rapper?

--------------------
"For the U.S. to get involved militarily in determining the outcome of the struggle over who's going to govern Iraq strikes me as a classic definition of a quagmire." ~Dick Cheney.

Posts: 747 | From: Kansas | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seraphina
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seraphina   E-mail Seraphina   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Billion:
quote:
Tony Blair and George W Bush were caught by a microphone during a break at the G8 conference in Russia.

Mr Bush greeted his ally with the words "Yo, Blair", and opined that they needed to get "Hezbollah to stop doing this shit".

I'd read about the second part of the quote, but I hadn't heard the "Yo Blair" bit. Does he think he's a gangster rapper?
They played it here on our news services, I saw it several times. The whole thing is very interesting to watch, the body language. Bush does not greet Tony Blair, he summons him, he might have as well said "heel Blair", and Tony jumped to the command.

Didn't you see it on your TV at the time it happened?

Posts: 214 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages