snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » History » Parkland OR

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Parkland OR
mouse goddess
We Three Blings

Icon 01 posted      Profile for mouse goddess   E-mail mouse goddess   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My DH says that a couple of his aunts did their residencies at Parkland Hospital in Dallas, and that it was mentioned in a tour that the OR where Kennedy died was now a janitor's closet, due to the bad mojo surrounding it. I think he said that maybe there was a small plaque, but other than that, it was "the room that should not be mentioned". Seems like I heard from someone else though, that the OR is still used, and is just a normal OR, and that you'd have to ask someone to find out about its history.

--------------------
"this could increase your brain power, or it could kill you..." "Increase my killing power, ehh???"

Posts: 1153 | From: Houston, TX | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Legion600
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion600   E-mail Legion600   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
JFK died in Treatment Room 1 of Parkland. The emergency room there has been remodeled since Kenneddy's time though. It doesn't have anything to do with "bad mojo." It's one of the biggest hospitals in the area.
Here's a link to info about the ER.
http://www.parklandhospital.com/medical_services/erOut_er.html

They deal with 135,000 patients a year. I'd be surprised if they hadn't remodeled it. I'm surprised that a place of science would attribute anything to the supernatural.

--------------------
Yes. I'm Evil. What's your point?

Posts: 199 | From: Bowling Green, OH | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages