snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » History » The Hope Diamond (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Hope Diamond
Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush
O Come Let Us Adore Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I also saw the documentary, and if you can get a hold of a copy, it's absolutely fascinating. Basically, the reason they couldn't, for a very long time, prove that it was the same diamond is because of HOW big a difference the diamonds were (IIRC). Once it was cut from the Travernier Blue Diamond, there wasn't enough cut from that to the French Blue Diamond to have much evidence of what happened to it. When it was stolen, and cut into the Hope Diamond, again, there wasn't enough evidence of what happened to it.

But on the documentary, they show how they figured out that it was the same diamond.

--------------------
My mom, about my nervousness with Jeopardy!: "Don't worry about it. Just get drunk and you'll do fine."
Blog Just call me Mickey 2

Posts: 3295 | From: Radford, VA/Herndon, VA/Orlando, FL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages