snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Medical » At Home Cosmetic Surgery

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: At Home Cosmetic Surgery
Joseph Z
Xboxing Day

Icon 08 posted      Profile for Joseph Z   E-mail Joseph Z   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I seem to recall last decade there was talk of a possible cosmetic surgery kit. Each kit consisted of liposuction, breast implants, nose reshaping, and facial reconstruction.

(edited)
While I can't find the original source of where I found this, there is a site called http://www.cosmeticsurgerysuppliers.com which has an address and telephone number to purchase the kits from including those I've not seen before.

--------------------
Joseph Z

Posts: 1356 | From: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?
Carol of the Dells

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Who would be stupid enough to do home surgery?

It's probably better if we don't answer that.

--------------------
"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, EVIL stuff... and I want in."- Homer Simpson

Posts: 2161 | From: Delaware | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Purple Iguana
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Purple Iguana   Author's Homepage   E-mail Purple Iguana   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My sentiments exactly, NG. Seeing as how botox can permanently paralyze facial muscles if not done just right, people can die from improperly performed liposuction or compromised/leaking breast implants... and I don't even want to think about what can go wrong with people performing their own faial reconstruction surgery--but you have to be pretty heavily sedated so the surgery doesn't HURT. Would you want your doctor to be heavily sedated when giving you a nose job?

Then again, it could provide us with an all new category for the Darwin awards...

--------------------
They just don't make crazed, beserk robots like they used to. --Sheen Estevez, Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius

If I manage to post something swipe-worthy that you would like to make your sig, you may do so with my blessing.

Posts: 2486 | From: East Stroudsburg, PA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bettie Page Turner
Happy Holly Days

Icon 218 posted      Profile for Bettie Page Turner   E-mail Bettie Page Turner   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nocturnal Goddess: In The Backseat:
Who would be stupid enough to do home surgery?

It's probably better if we don't answer that.

Here's one answer...

--------------------
You fail to consider, for such is the tyranny of fashion, that the swan is not a slim animal... -Jincy Kornhauser, Melinda Falling

Posts: 1762 | From: Charleston, West Virginia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Grand Illusion
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grand Illusion   Author's Homepage   E-mail Grand Illusion   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, Joseph's link appears to be just a garden variety small medical supplier that doesn't offer online ordering. There is nothing on the site that suggests that they are offering their items for at-home use, because they don't offer any instructional books or videos, and there are no cheesy testimonials or before/after pics. They would probably sell minor items like tubing to any person, but there are items, like lipo aspirators, the sale of which are certainly regulated by the states so that they can only sell to professionals.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.

"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?" - The Brain

Posts: 587 | From: Colorado | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
medtchva
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for medtchva   E-mail medtchva   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
At first I thought you meant doctors doing plastic surgery in the patient's home. There was a case about this on Court TV. The surgeon was caught when he performed liposuction on a woman's arms and she lost so much blood over the next 2 days she ended up in the hospital and died. He was from S. America and said there it was common practice because so many people lived far away from where the doctors practice.
Posts: 229 | From: Lynchburg, VA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages