snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Religion » Satellite Sleuth Closes in on Noah's Ark Mystery (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Satellite Sleuth Closes in on Noah's Ark Mystery
smartymarty66
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smartymarty66         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I saw a program a few years ago that followed some researchers to the site and showed that it was an anomaly. It also debunked the previous story about one of the guides that said they went into the ark and found some wood. The guide said he made it all up because the previous researchers "really" wnated to find it and he thught it was funny to lead them along. I'll see if I can find more info on the two programs and post later. Got to go to work now.
Posts: 58 | From: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kindly Wise
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 602 posted      Profile for Kindly Wise   E-mail Kindly Wise   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
The wood was found buried in the snow at a site not far from an old monastery, who used to give tours of Biblical relics in exchange for "donations".

Maybe it's like the pieces of the True Cross. After a while, any piece of wood that came in contact with a REAL piece of the True Cross BECAME a piece of the True Cross (for purposes of relic sales). [Big Grin] Maybe any piece of wood that comes to rest above the tree line BECOMES a piece of the Ark.

Which reminds me - just what IS gopher wood, anyway?

--------------------
Beati caseusarii

Posts: 103 | From: Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NorthernLite
We Three Blings

Icon 602 posted      Profile for NorthernLite     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Quote:

It's what boy gophers get so they can go forth and multiply.

Sorry

--------------------
You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons. -Blazing Saddles

Posts: 1074 | From: High Level, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ganzfeld
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ganzfeld     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Gopher wood is what you have to do when you run out of logs for the fire.
Posts: 4922 | From: Kyoto, Japan | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages