snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Entertainment » Mork and Mindy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mork and Mindy
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 601 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I recently heard an odd bit of urban legend from one of my co-workers.
Comment: We've been trying in vien to find anything about it on line. Maybe you can
help out.

The legend is that when Morky & Mindy was in production there was a lot of
hub-bub from the censory board. So much so that the network brought in
Yiddish speaking censors/interpretors to make sure that Robin Williams was
keeping it clean. Any idea if there's an ounce of truth in that one?

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Malruhn
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malruhn   E-mail Malruhn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I recall something about people in a huff about the gibberish Williams was speaking, but I don't recall if it was alleged Yiddish or anything else. Sorry.

--------------------
Opinions aren't excuses to remain ignorant about subjects, nor are they excuses to never examine one's beliefs & prejudices...

Babies are like tattoos. You see other peoples' & they're cool, but yours is never as good & you can't get rid of it.

Posts: 5622 | From: Jax, Florida | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
bufungla
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 18 posted      Profile for bufungla   Author's Homepage   E-mail bufungla   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
I recently heard an odd bit of urban legend from one of my co-workers.
Comment: We've been trying in vien to find anything about it on line. Maybe you can
help out.

The legend is that when Morky & Mindy was in production there was a lot of
hub-bub from the censory board. So much so that the network brought in
Yiddish speaking censors/interpretors to make sure that Robin Williams was
keeping it clean. Any idea if there's an ounce of truth in that one?

During Robin William's appearance on Inside The Actor's Studio, he brings up the fact that they had to hire a censor who spoke Yiddish, whom he described as a little Filipino lady.

--------------------
"Pardon him. Theodotus: he is a barbarian, and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature."

George Bernard Shaw, Caesar and Cleopatra

Posts: 4847 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages