snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Entertainment » Is Beyonce really 32?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is Beyonce really 32?
Ana Ng
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ana Ng   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Via ontd:

quote:

December 5. Over the past few weeks, MediaTakeOut.com has received hundreds of emails from people asking us to confirm Beyonce's true age. In an attempt to find the truth, we spoke with dozens of insiders - all of whom believed that Beyonce was being truthful about her age.

But yesterday MediaTakeOut.com received a tip that proved to be explosive. The tipster, who claimed to work for the Texas Department of Health, faxed over what appears to be Beyonce's official birth records. The document (a portion of which is below) shows that a Beyonce Giselle Knowles was born to a Mathew Knowles and Celestine Ann Beyonce on September 4th, 1974. If this document is accurate, that would mean that Beyonce is actually 32 years old.

Beyonce's official biography claims that she was born on September 4th, 1981. It also claims that her mothers maiden name is "Beyince", and not "Beyonce" as the below document shows...

ETA: Cite?

--------------------
My great grandfather planted that tree!

Posts: 4862 | From: Brooklyn | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Purple Iguana
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Purple Iguana   Author's Homepage   E-mail Purple Iguana   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
IMDB confirms her birthdate, FWIW. I somehow doubt she's 32.

Edited because I'm a big, dumb, doofus who can't read.

--------------------
They just don't make crazed, beserk robots like they used to. --Sheen Estevez, Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius

If I manage to post something swipe-worthy that you would like to make your sig, you may do so with my blessing.

Posts: 2486 | From: East Stroudsburg, PA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tootsie Plunkette
Buy a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tootsie Plunkette   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
From Ancestry.com:

Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997
about Beyonce Giselle Knowles
Name: Beyonce Giselle Knowles
Date of Birth: 4 Sep 1981
Birth County: Harris
Father's name: Mathew C Knowles
Mother's name: Celestine Ann Beyonce
Roll Number: 1981_0010

ETA: Ancestry also has the same image of the Texas Vital Statistics page as posted on the link in the OP - only the date at the top is actually 1981. Photoshop.

--------------------
--Tootsie

Posts: 5017 | From: Greater Seattle | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Astra
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 87 posted      Profile for Astra     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I wouldn't think this would be so hard to prove/disprove with the way she was pushed into performing - there's bound to be tons of videos out there that would provide a reference to her age.

--------------------
This has been yet another... USELESS POST.

Posts: 6105 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rhiandmoi
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rhiandmoi   E-mail Rhiandmoi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well I found out that county 101 is Harris County, and I went to the Harris County Vital Statistics page and didn't find her at all. I don't know if that means she wasn't born there in 1974, but there is no record with the county.

--------------------
I think that hyperbole is the single greatest factor contributing to the decline of society. - My friend Pat.

What is .02 worth?

Posts: 8745 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tootsie Plunkette

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tootsie Plunkette   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Just out of curiosity, I looked up her sister, too:

Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997
about Solange Piage't Knowles
Name: Solange Piage't Knowles
Date of Birth: 24 Jun 1986
Birth County: Harris
Father's name: Mathew Knowles
Mother's name: Celestine Ann Beyonce
Roll Number: 1986_0011

Which would seem to confirm the mother's last name is Beyonce.

ETA: As would this:

Texas Marriage Collection, 1814-1909 and 1966-2002
about Celestine A Beyonce
Name: Celestine A Beyonce
Marriage Date: 5 Jan 1980
Estimated birth year: abt 1955

Spouse: Mathew Knowles
Spouse Gender: Male
Spouse Est Birth Year: abt 1952
Spouse Age: 28

Marriage County: Galveston
Marriage State: Texas

Source: Texas Marriage Index, 1966-2002

--------------------
--Tootsie

Posts: 5017 | From: Greater Seattle | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rhiandmoi

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rhiandmoi   E-mail Rhiandmoi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Tootsie, did you find Beyoncé's birth record?

--------------------
I think that hyperbole is the single greatest factor contributing to the decline of society. - My friend Pat.

What is .02 worth?

Posts: 8745 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tootsie Plunkette

Just the one in my first post, above...

--------------------
--Tootsie

Rhiandmoi

Don't know how I missed that.

--------------------

What is .02 worth?

Rhiandmoi

And to take advantage of the waffle(s), I wonder why ancestry's database has her, but the Harris county one doesn't.

--------------------

What is .02 worth?

MissEltoe
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissEltoe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Astra:
I wouldn't think this would be so hard to prove/disprove with the way she was pushed into performing - there's bound to be tons of videos out there that would provide a reference to her age.

You're right. There are a bunch of videos out there that pretty much prove that she is the age she is, or at least a roundabout figure. Before they were Destiny's Child they were called GyrlsTyme (or something) like that and they appeared on Star Search. Also on Behind the Music and/or E! True Hollywood story, they show old videos of the kids when they were practicing and performing. None of them looked a lot older or younger than the rest of the group.

--------------------
Licorice of the Lord! This is classy stuff...Should I be wearing a tie? Or, at least, pants?
~I'mNotDedalus

Posts: 975 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tootsie Plunkette

Icon 102 posted      Profile for Tootsie Plunkette   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Screen shot.

--------------------
--Tootsie

Shade
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shade   E-mail Shade   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The website TMZ also looked into this and came to the same conclusions. Apparently the only document claiming she's 32 is a document from the Texas Department of Health that Mediatakeout.com claims lists her as 32. They've also said that it looks "very real". Personally, I think Draino looks "very tasty" but I'm not gonna drink it.
Posts: 3 | From: Brisbane, Australia | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages