snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Entertainment » Steven Spielberg scared of his own ride

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Steven Spielberg scared of his own ride
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 301 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I live in florida and one of the most popular theme parks is
Islands of Adventure, a sister park to Universal Studios. One of the rides
is Jarassic Park River Adventure and was designed by Steven Spielberg
himself. I have heard a rumor that, although he designed the ride, on a
test run in which he was on, he made the ride come to a halt before the
drop, so that he could get off. He was apparently scared of the drop. Is
this true?

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snoozn
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snoozn   E-mail snoozn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I thought I'd try to look this one up since I'm a big fan of Universal studios and that's one of my favorite rides. I found the fact repeated several places, but never from a first-hand news source. The most reliable looking site was this one: Jurassic Park Legacy
The person interested in the rumor might want to ask the folks there where they got the information from. Another place to ask would be the Universal section of the Disboards.

Now I'd like to know if it's true so I can tell my kids (especially my son who rode it when he was five) they're braver than Steven Spielberg!

snoozn

Posts: 423 | From: Colorado | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages