snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Entertainment » Manzarek shuts door on 1 Morrison myth

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Manzarek shuts door on 1 Morrison myth
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 106 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
With the remaining members of the Doors -- Robby Krieger, John Densmore and Ray Manzarek -- currently celebrating the band's 40th anniversary with the release of the book "The Doors" by the Doors and the CD-DVD box set "Perception," Manzarek wanted to clear up one major mystery.

"He's dead."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/chi-0611120460nov12,1,7852705.column

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ramblin' Dave, quietly making noise
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ramblin' Dave, quietly making noise   Author's Homepage   E-mail Ramblin' Dave, quietly making noise   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Did anyone other than Manzarek himself ever really doubt that? I've never heard of any others questioning it.

--------------------
Another lifetime I'd have fallen in love with you
Swept away by my feelings, ashamed and confused
But just now it's enough to be walking with you
Let the mystery play as it will! -Lui Collins

Posts: 2669 | From: Jouy en Josas, France | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 303 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
http://www.rodeoswest.com/
Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
freshacconci
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for freshacconci   E-mail freshacconci       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Although not as common as the "Elvis is alive" hysteria, there are some who believe Morrison is alive, perhaps because he didn't die directly of drugs, or in an accident, or was murdered (and is therefore "mysterious"). This is why you don't hear that Jimi Hendrix, Buddy Holly or John Lennon are alive. (Doesn't explain the "Kurt Cobain was murdered" conspiracy theories though).

--------------------
They call them fingers, but I never see them fing.

Oh, there they go.

Posts: 13 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nion
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nion         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I keep telling everyone . . .

Morrison, Hendrix, Lennon, Cobain and Presley are all living it up on a secret government island where they'll live to be four hundred years old. Holly has to live on another island because he kept cheating whenever they played Blackjack.

Sheesh!

--------------------
It can't rain all the time.

Posts: 1102 | From: Iowa | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
smackmac
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smackmac     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RelicMan:
I keep telling everyone . . .

Morrison, Hendrix, Lennon, Cobain and Presley are all living it up on a secret government island where they'll live to be four hundred years old. Holly has to live on another island because he kept cheating whenever they played Blackjack.

Sheesh!

I needed the laugh today. Thanks.

[slight hijack]/ When I was much younger and much more inclined to toke a little, a friend and I were playing with a Ouija board. Having just discovered on my own The Doors, and having just read "No One Here Gets Out Alive," we decided to ask the "spirit" if Jim Morrison was alive. The "spirit" said yes and only Ray knew the truth. So now I believe he's dead, since Ray said so.

Stephen King put a little mention of a live Jim Morrison in one of his books (not naming the book just in case someone hasn't read it).
[end hijack]

--------------------
"Maybe getting in the last word doesn't really mean you win." - The Clarks

Posts: 486 | From: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages