snopes.com
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Entertainment » The Ben Savage is dead rumor

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Ben Savage is dead rumor
Hubert Cumberdale
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hubert Cumberdale   E-mail Hubert Cumberdale   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I hope this is the right category for this. . Anyway I was at The Olive Garden this weekend and the waitress, in the middle of our meal says, "Sorry I'm so weird tonight, I just found out Ben Savage died" and she seemed honestly upset. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. It took all my willpower not to burst out laughing at her.

Not only did she fall for it, she was actually pretty late to the game. Unless she was messing with us, which I doubt.

P.S. He is still alive, right? He wasn't in an accident since this hoax?

Posts: 835 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
bethntim
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bethntim         Edit/Delete post 
Ben Savage

Yep you're right, kudos to you for not laughing in her face.

--------------------
Take only pictures, leave only footprints...

Posts: 255 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Artemis
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Artemis   E-mail Artemis   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I'd never heard the rumor.

But I do wonder how people can fall for these things. If no news item is carrying it, and if googling "Ben savage dead" results in the snopes page as well as other pages that indicate it's a rumor, (but absolutely no news articles) how can you possibly believe it? That's the herd mentality for you.

--------------------
"You can't play Electro-magnetic Golf according to the rules of Centrifugal Bumble Puppy."
-Mustapha Mond, "Brave New World"

Posts: 679 | From: New York | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages