snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Entertainment » Uwe Boll chickens out of fight with Seanbaby?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Uwe Boll chickens out of fight with Seanbaby?
TB Tabby
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TB Tabby   E-mail TB Tabby   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
As you probably know, Uwe Boll has been challenging everyone who doesn't like the cinematic suppositories he keeps churning out to get in the boxing ring with him. In the latest EGM, Seanbaby writes about how he answered the challenge:

quote:

Uwe was going to promote his publicity stunt on G4's Attack of the Show by boxing one of the hosts. Again, he's a matchmaking genius,because everyone on TV is 3 feet tall. If you were watching Attack of the Show during the time I cohosted, you might have noticed that I could have leaned over and eaten host Kevin Pereira. A producer from the show remembered this and called me asking if I'd come on and fight Uwe. I train in Muay Thai and jujitsu, so I think boxing is to fighting what Hungry Hungry Hippos is to fighting, but--holy crap!--I couldn't pass up getting my fist near the mouth that shouted "action" on the set of House of the Dead.

Uwe, learning that he wasn't fighting a midget, asked for my age, height, weight, and fighting experience. I e-mailed this information, along with the reassurance that the Holocaust survivors got together and agreed he was the worst thing to come out of Germany. I figured this would make him mad enough to ignore that I'm several weight classes above him in F-List Celebrity Boxing. It didn't. After reading my stats, he suddenly couldn't make it on the show. There was a short discussion of flying me to the set of Postal, but I'm not holding my breath. Uwe is the one making the Nerd Combat rules, and rule No. 1 is: Uwe only hits people who don't explode Uwe Boll's face when they hit back.

As much as I like picturing Uwe wetting himself at the thought of boxing someone who isn't an unathletic critic and backing out, I can't find any evidence to support this on Google.

--------------------
I like to go down to the playground and watch the kids run and jump and scream, because they don't know I'm only using blanks.

Posts: 942 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Greg of Winter
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg of Winter   E-mail Greg of Winter   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Rich "Lowtax" Kyanka from SomethingAwful.com fought Uwe Boll.

He did a full write-up on SomethingAwful.com, but I found this summary:
quote:

Okay I am done drinking, and I'd like to post some more info before I forget it:

1) There was an actual real critic who sparred with Uwe Boll a few nights ago, who was a real amateur boxer. Uwe refused to fight the guy in the ring; obviously he only wanted people with no boxing experience. Anyway, when Uwe was sparring with the dude, the critic / amateur had to quit sparring because Uwe "was taking it too seriously" and really trying to beat the shit out of the guy. So he just said **** it and left.

2) Apparently when we were in another room, Uwe declared he was going to beat the crap out of all of us and try to "win by knockout." You know, like kinda the OPPOSITE of "this is all a PR stunt we will have fun my movies don't suck" that he was saying before.

3) Like I mentioned before, Uwe said we would get training, boxing equipment, and lessons beforehand. None of us received any of this, which didn't quite worry us at the time since he kept saying it was just a PR stunt and he wasn't really going to box for real for serious blah blah blah. NEVER trust a German. Three of the guys didn't even have cups to protect their balls; the only reason I had a cup was because my wife bought me one.

4) The dude after me [Sneider] was throwing up and had an EMT by his side for about an hour. He eventually had to have an oxygen mask on. The dude after him was all bloodied up and looked like crap. They too made the mistake of believing Uwe Boll when he said it was just a PR thing, since neither really trained.[19]

--------------------
Meanwhile, at stately Wayne Manor...

Posts: 1316 | From: Oregon | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TB Tabby
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TB Tabby   E-mail TB Tabby   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Uh, yeah...but that doesn't confirm or debunk Seanbaby's claim.

--------------------
I like to go down to the playground and watch the kids run and jump and scream, because they don't know I'm only using blanks.

Posts: 942 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Greg of Winter
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg of Winter   E-mail Greg of Winter   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TB Tabby:
Uh, yeah...but that doesn't confirm or debunk Seanbaby's claim.

Well, now you have two people claiming that Uwe refused to fight anyone who even remotely stood a chance of putting up a fair fight against him.

--------------------
Meanwhile, at stately Wayne Manor...

Posts: 1316 | From: Oregon | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Gavida
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gavida   E-mail Gavida   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
What I didn't like about the writeup from Rich Kyanka was the "NEVER trust a German"
He probably was too drunk when writing it to realize that many many many Germans hate Uwe Boll as much as the next guy [Wink]

After all the movies Boll made, did anyone really think he would stand up to his words. He usually bites off more than he can chew.

I only wonder how Boll manages to get famous actors to play in his movies?

Gavida

--------------------
"He looked bigger when I couldn't see him" - Jayne Cobb

Posts: 359 | From: Essen, NRW, Germany | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Alluvian
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alluvian     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I read how Boll get his actors, but don't recall the original source (I read a quote from the original source on Penny Arcade) and have never taken the effort to do any fact checking. So take this as FOAF (friend of a forumer)

Supposedly he does it by casting at the last possible moment so that actors who have small gaps in their schedule can take the roles between other roles on the spur of the moment. I guess getting commitments from agents/actors well in advance is more difficult than getting them to actually show up on set if you are paying them. This source commented that BloodRayne wasn't cast until about 2 weeks before the first day of filming. This is probably pretty easy to debunk or confirm for anyone who knows where to look up this kind of information.

Nothing to do with the OP though, sorry.

Posts: 97 | From: Florida - USA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages