snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Entertainment » Stephanie of Lazytown death rumor

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stephanie of Lazytown death rumor
Indigo
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Indigo   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Some people on Wikipedia have been changing the article about actress Julianna Rose Mauriello (Stephanie on NickJr's Lazytown) to indicate she was murdered yesterday. I haven't found anything on this anywhere - not Google news, Celebrity Death Beeper, or anywhere.

Do any of you know where this rumor started?

Posts: 27 | From: Indiana | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cactus Wren
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cactus Wren   E-mail Cactus Wren   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Probably just someone's odd idea of a prank. Last spring someone methodically went through all the Wikipedia articles about the "Myst" series of computer games and changed them to mention -- in some detail -- a game that doesn't exist. He set up several sockpuppet accounts to revert all reversions. This is likely something similar.

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.” -- Edward R. Murrow

IOToriSparrowANK!

Posts: 598 | From: Arizona | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Evil_eyes
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evil_eyes   Author's Homepage   E-mail Evil_eyes   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't know if she has died. But I do know that the show is a bit odd. I am glad my son doesn't like it.

E_E

--------------------
"Taking all the pain I give you
Loving blindly in return
And I need you more than ever"
WWW.Myspace.com/E_E2000

Posts: 1243 | From: Northern VA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TheLazenby
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheLazenby   Author's Homepage   E-mail TheLazenby   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
*sigh* Julianna is not dead...

This stuff is just stupid.

--------------------
Rest in Peace, Charles Rocket 1949-2005

"On behalf of Gail Matthius and the entire Weekend Update news team, I'm Charles Rocket. Good night, and... watch out."

Posts: 140 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Trixie Tang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trixie Tang   E-mail Trixie Tang   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Man, I really don't like that show. I mean, man...
I really...really... don't like it.

Please make it stop.

Posts: 46 | From: Donaldsonville, LA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
franjava
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for franjava     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, it's a stupid show, but kids like it. Unfortunately, my kid is one of them. That girl is really talented, though! Apparently it's fun to "kill off" actors from annoying Nickelodian shows. [Roll Eyes] Now if we could get rid of Robbie Rotten...

--------------------
Never eat anything given to you by a toddler.

Posts: 258 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
franjava
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for franjava     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
By the way, Trixie, love the user name! I'm watching Fairly Odd Parents as we speak (my daughter is in the room of course!!)

--------------------
Never eat anything given to you by a toddler.

Posts: 258 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Garnet Jell-o

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Garnet Jell-o   Author's Homepage   E-mail Garnet Jell-o   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My roommate and I will ocassionally watch "Lazytown" when we are trying to avoid better things to do. I guess it's weirdness really amuses us. That show would have probably scared me if it were on when I was younger.

--------------------
"I'm really quite simple. I don't want to be in the business full-time because I'm a gardener. I plant flowers and watch them grow. I don't go out to clubs and partying. I stay at home and watch the river flow." - George Harrison

Posts: 28 | From: Towson, Maryland | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rebochan the Retail Reindeer
Good King Wal-Mart

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rebochan the Retail Reindeer   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Lazytown creeps me out and I'm an adult. The puppets are creepy, along with that mask on Robbie Rotten.

--------------------
"One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes

"Vote Republican! We won't burn you at the stake for your religious beliefs or slaughter your family and steal your land." -- Ramblin' Dave

Posts: 3555 | From: Florida | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ica171
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ica171   E-mail ica171   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My friend and I, who both have children of the age that watch Lazytown, find something disturbing in the relationship between Sportacus and Stephanie. Maybe we just have dirty minds...
Posts: 384 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Trixie Tang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trixie Tang   E-mail Trixie Tang   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My kid, thankfully, doesn't watch it. I sat through a few minutes a few times and was so disturbed I was honestly bothered the rest of the day.

And I'm not a squeamish person at all. I have a fairly dark sense of humor. But Lazytown is just awful.

Posts: 46 | From: Donaldsonville, LA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TheLazenby
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheLazenby   Author's Homepage   E-mail TheLazenby   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Aw, come on! Lay off LazyTown! I like that show... :-(

--------------------
Rest in Peace, Charles Rocket 1949-2005

"On behalf of Gail Matthius and the entire Weekend Update news team, I'm Charles Rocket. Good night, and... watch out."

Posts: 140 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Greg of Winter
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg of Winter   E-mail Greg of Winter   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Trixie Tang:
Man, I really don't like that show. I mean, man...
I really...really... don't like it.

Please make it stop.

You might get a kick out of this:

http://ultimatesuffering.ytmnd.com/

Warning, it gets a bit loud.

--------------------
Meanwhile, at stately Wayne Manor...

Posts: 1316 | From: Oregon | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
justusfour
Bone Appétit!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justusfour     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rebochan Caught The Rain:
Lazytown creeps me out and I'm an adult. The puppets are creepy, along with that mask on Robbie Rotten.

It totally freaks me out, too. Luckily, my little ones don't like it. They watched it a couple times but never really got into it. Lucky for me; I'm sure I would've started having nightmares of those little weird faces with eyes that don't move when everyhting else does! TOO weird for me...

--------------------
"Is there anything fluffier than a cloud? If there is, I don't want to know about it."

Posts: 66 | From: Cowtown TX | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
rabid_biscuit

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rabid_biscuit   E-mail rabid_biscuit   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
God, that show freaks me out, my brothers and cousin (their 8, 5, and 3) love that show. I'm nannying for my aunt all week so I'm stuck watching Lazytown all week. Argh. I would love it if...I dunno, Freddy Kruger suddenly came into the show and started disecting peeps. I could just picture it... [lol]

Freddy grabs Stephine...

WELCOME TO PRIMETIME BITCH!

--------------------
A good friend will bail you outta jail. A TRUE friend will be sitting in next to you saying "DAMN THAT AS FUN!!"

Posts: 8 | From: Seattle, Washington | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nion
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nion         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Just edit the first two posts so that it says "Waffles". You can also be creative and put something witty like "Primetime waffles" or "Slasher waffles" or something to that effect. [Smile]

--------------------
It can't rain all the time.

Posts: 1102 | From: Iowa | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Em
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Em   E-mail Em   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Please don't. Jenn has requested that if you're going to waffle, leave the waffle plain. It makes life easier for her when she's trying to to clean out double-posts.

--------------------
What the NFBSK does YOMANK mean?

Posts: 1646 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nion
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nion         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
AUGH. Didn't we just have a big discussion about waffling? Did it change again???

--------------------
It can't rain all the time.

Posts: 1102 | From: Iowa | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The official word, from snopes himself, is that waffles make it easier to tell an accidental duplicate post from a board glitch, but that it's best not to embellish them.

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Nonny is correct. Sooner or later an admin will come along and delete it. Then everyone who's been discussing it will look very silly....  -

Four Kitties, snopes minion

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages