snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Entertainment » Most impossible game boss ever? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Most impossible game boss ever?
TheLazenby
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheLazenby   Author's Homepage   E-mail TheLazenby   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Someone just told me that they heard a Sonic game was supposed to have the most impossible boss ever; he couldn't remember the game, but he thought that the boss was a giant Robotnik robot.

I strongly believe that he was referring to the boss in the secret Doomsday Zone in "Sonic and Knuckles", because there seems to be no logical way to complete that level, unless you're using an emulator with an option to save at any moment, and even then, the level is almost impossible.

Has anyone else heard about this?

--------------------
Rest in Peace, Charles Rocket 1949-2005

"On behalf of Gail Matthius and the entire Weekend Update news team, I'm Charles Rocket. Good night, and... watch out."

Posts: 140 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Midgard_Dragon
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Midgard_Dragon   E-mail Midgard_Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't remember which it was, but I believe there is one company that was infamous for having end bosses that were nearly unbeatable in their games. It spawned a new term to refer to these types of bosses, but as I said, I can't remember much about it.

--------------------
Midgard Dragon
-==UDIC==-
MidgardDragon's MySpace

Posts: 2455 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LittleDuck
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleDuck   E-mail LittleDuck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Never heard that one but for the me hardest boss I ever saw was at the end of the NES game "Rygar". My brother tried for an hour to kill it without being killed himself and couldn't.

--------------------
"Silly customer, you cannot hurt a Twinkie." -Apu (The Simpsons)

Posts: 2026 | From: 10 miles South of Boston | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bubby

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bubby   E-mail Bubby       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Zelda 2, possibly, that game was hellishly difficult...
Posts: 110 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Casey, making hot chocolate
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Casey, making hot chocolate   Author's Homepage   E-mail Casey, making hot chocolate   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Perfect Dark for N64, the Skedar King on Perfect difficulty. One miss and you're toast. Either that or Johnathan Dark in one of the side games.

--------------------
"To be or not to be! That is the question! Now, will you answer, dare, double dare, or take the Physical Challenge?" --Mark Summers as Hamlet
Countdown: 177 days and counting... or less. My blog. 14 keyboards owed.

Posts: 5584 | From: Ohio | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DaGuyWitBluGlasses

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaGuyWitBluGlasses     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
*points to Final Fantasy*

Lots of them.

Posts: 201 | From: Toronto, ON | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Midgard_Dragon

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Midgard_Dragon   E-mail Midgard_Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Found a source:

SNK Boss Syndrome

It's basically a boss that cheats.

--------------------
Midgard Dragon
-==UDIC==-
MidgardDragon's MySpace

Posts: 2455 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Amazing Rando
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Amazing Rando   Author's Homepage   E-mail The Amazing Rando   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
There was a boss in Descent 2, for the PC, that I could never figure out how to beat. He was very powerful and invisible (with the standard "cloaked" effect on the area where he was). Granted, there was probably a switch somewhere to disable it, but I never managed to beat him.
Posts: 417 | From: Escondido, California | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seasonal petrelgirl
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 99 posted      Profile for Seasonal petrelgirl     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DaGuyWitBluGlasses:
*points to Final Fantasy*

Lots of them.

Yep. It took me a long time to beat Spectral Keeper in FFX *Shudders at time, gil, and training spent then accidentally overwriting the file and cries*

VIII also has one of the most annoying systems to work with. Although for some reason, when IX came out people suddenly praised its versatility. *Shrugs*

--------------------
"I suggest we decide through a knife battle" "But you're the only one of us that carries a knife." "Correction, [I carry] four."

Posts: 64 | From: Atlanta, GA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Midgard_Dragon

I think the only near impossible bosses in FF's, to me, have been the optional ones, like some of the WEAPONs in FFVII, whatever that ball thing was in FFIX, and Omega in FFX.

The rest of the bosses can generally be beaten with a healthy dose of levelling up.

--------------------
Midgard Dragon
-==UDIC==-
MidgardDragon's MySpace

eternalsaturn
Sebring-a-Ding-a-Ding

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eternalsaturn   Author's Homepage   E-mail eternalsaturn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
There was a Japan only Famicom (NES) game where the final boss actually required somewhere around 20,000 hits to kill it. IIRC, the entire game was done half as a joke and was intentionally made to be near-impossible and ridiculously frustrating.

Here's a Wikipedia article on it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takeshi_no_Chousenjou

--------------------
"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock and roll." - Shigeru Miyamoto

my dA page

Posts: 57 | From: Huntington, WV | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
STF

Icon 1 posted      Profile for STF   Author's Homepage   E-mail STF   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I like video games, but I never really get all that good at them for some reason. The second battle with the Russian in the Punisher game was near impossible for me to beat. I actually broke a controller trying to beat him. Then I looked up a cheap way to get my health all the way up and it worked. Actually that was part of my problem, I didn't have full health when I got there and I didn't want to have to replay the whole level over to get to him with full health.

ETA: The final duel with Vader in the Revenge of the Sith game was cheap too. It seemed like the further his health went down the harder it was to make that last little bit disappear no matter how many hits you got in on him. That was frustrating as well.

--------------------
STF on MySpace

Posts: 5186 | From: Coweta County, GA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
CitizenAim

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CitizenAim   Author's Homepage   E-mail CitizenAim   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Can I say Bowser in Super Mario World? Not because he was hard or anything but just because that fight goes on for way too long?

He disappears for half a minute at a time, making you wait around for nothing. Maybe I'm just remembering it being longer since I beat it originally when I was 7, but it seemed like it would take at least 10 minutes to beat him and it had nothing to do with your skill. It was definitely an endurance fight and at 7, my attention span was just not that long [Smile]

Anyway, I've played a tank in World of Warcraft in all of the end-game raid instances, where those fights can last up to 20 minutes each and even that doesn't seem nearly as bad as Bowser in Super Mario World.

Posts: 146 | From: Columbia, SC | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
HollowMan
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HollowMan     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm going to have to agree with Zelda II. That or anything out of the original Ninja Gaiden.

--------------------
Heisenberg may have slept here.

I got an idea... an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about.

Posts: 291 | From: Greenville, SC | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Squishy0405
Wii Wiish You A Merry Chriistmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Squishy0405   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squishy0405   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think there was this one on Donkey Kong on NES it was a guy on a pirate ship? Not sure if I have the right game but my friend & I could never beat him [Frown]

--------------------
"Fate is like a strange, unpopular resturant, filled with odd waiters who bring you things you never ask for and don't always like."-Lemony Snicket

Posts: 1119 | From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mythophobia
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mythophobia     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll agree with whoever mentioned Ozma/Ozuma, the secret boss from FFIX, as well.
He (it?) has about 55K HP, invulnerable to physical attacks (this feature can be unlocked, however), instant kill spells (2-6K dmg), 7-10K healing spells and that damned Curse spell, which inflicts mini, blind, slow, confusion and silence on everybody in the party.

Posts: 49 | From: Denmark | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey Blue

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey Blue     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmm.. Hardest bosses.. Well I would have to disagree on anything in the FF games, except possible the optional ones, cause as anohter said all you have to do is level up, and the more recent games bosses keep getting easier and easier to me.

As an aside definitly one of the hardest bosses ever in final fantasy would be the three sisters in the tower of Zot in FFII, they keep reviving each other, there is something of a trick to it but it still is very hard and takes forever.

But back on task, the final boss in Devil May Cry III on Dante Must Die mode is basically impossible, can kill you in litereally seconds if you make even one mistake, is almost impossible to do damage to, and gets harder and harder the more hurt he becomes (at least it seems that way).

Mike Tyson, in Mike Tysons Punch out was pretty hard, get hit three times and you lose.

I'm sure there are a bunch I'm forgetting, I'd lean toward older games being harder, newer ones are generally made for lager audiances and more and more the trends are getting to instant gratification (so games get shorter, easier, and with less extra content).

quote:
I strongly believe that he was referring to the boss in the secret Doomsday Zone in "Sonic and Knuckles", because there seems to be no logical way to complete that level, unless you're using an emulator with an option to save at any moment, and even then, the level is almost impossible.
I am very interested in more info about this, I've played that game many times and don't recall any zone like this and would like to try it.

--------------------
"All people are responsible for the good that they didn't do"

Posts: 4774 | From: Virginia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Midgard_Dragon

Sonic & Knuckles Wiki

quote:
The Doomsday Zone: In this final zone, Sonic unleashes incredible Emerald forces in his ultimate showdown with Dr. Robotnik. The Doomsday Zone is only accessible if the player has collected all the Chaos Emeralds. Completing it unlocks the "good" ending. Here, the player uses Super Sonic rather than normal Sonic — or if locked-on to Sonic 3 and the player has collected the Super Emeralds as well, the player can play as Hyper Sonic.
It doesn't make any reference to it being impossible, though.

This appears to be a video of someone beating it.

Also, here's what this GameFAQ has to say about the zone.

quote:
As the name suggests, Sonic will be doomed if you are not careful. Sonic will
transform into Super Sonic in this area automatically with 50 rings.

Also, The Doomsday can ONLY be accessed with Super Sonic.

Avoid those rocks while collecting rings as the rocks will only slow you down
while your rings are running out. Some missiles may be shot out by Robotnik so
you must avoid that as well.

After collecting rings and avoiding things, you'll be given a chance to attack
him. Make sure you have at least 80 rings to make the fight easier.

Boss - Dr Robotnik's Flying Machine - 16 Hits
-----
Robotnik will shoot his guided missiles and you must guide those missiles to
attack the robot's head on the top-right (the head of Dr. Robotnik's Master
Emerald Powered Robot).

Continue 8 times and that flying machine will be destroyed, except his robot.
And make sure you have enough rings as Robotnik will waste his time destroyed.

After that, fly towards the right and collect enough rings. When you feel you
have enough, press most right and you'll see Dr. Robotnik. Hit him with your
own body and Sonic will be pushed to the back.

Collect few more rings, press most-right and attack him. Repeat 8 times by
using this technique and you'll see the last of him in Sonic's Adventure.

Then, Super Sonic will carry the Master Emerald with his head and he will
transform into his original form on top of the Tornado. The Master Emerald will
be supported at the back of the plane.

Then, it will fly towards the Angel Island and make it float again. Depending
if you get Super Sonic, you'll get a slightly changed ending. Wait the credits
roll down and then, The End of Sonic's Adventure.

ETA - So as with most platformers, the key seems to be (very) fast reflexes, and possibly repetition of the level until you "get it right."

--------------------
Midgard Dragon
-==UDIC==-
MidgardDragon's MySpace

Eddylizard
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddylizard     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Squishy0405:
I think there was this one on Donkey Kong on NES it was a guy on a pirate ship? Not sure if I have the right game but my friend & I could never beat him [Frown]

Sounds a bit like King K Rool in Donkey Kong Country.

Difficult but not unbeatable. The only twist was the fake credits. Kill him, credits roll, then he gets up again for another battle.

Mrs Lizard was the first in our house to beat K Rool. When the fake credits came up, she went to make a celebratory cup of tea. Big mistake.

--------------------
"Ladies and gentlemen, this is what is commonly known as money. It comes in all sizes, colours, and denominations - like people."

Posts: 997 | From: Maidstone, UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey Blue

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey Blue     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
[In reference to "doomsday mode"]

Ahh, I recall that zone, not terribly hard once you got the hang of it really (as it was very easy to hit robotnik), certainly not anything close to the hardest game boss ever.. Heck I wouldn't even call it the hardest sonic boss ever.

--------------------
"All people are responsible for the good that they didn't do"

Posts: 4774 | From: Virginia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
trollface
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trollface   Author's Homepage   E-mail trollface   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Blue:
[...]I'd lean toward older games being harder[...]

I'd lean with you on that one. I've been playing old BBC Micro games on an emulator recently (hence the avatar), and they're really difficult. I have no idea how I used to be good at them as a kid.

Hell, I read an interview with the creator of Repton 2 in which he said that even he couldn't complete the game, and that he actually doubted that it could be done.

--------------------
seriously , everyone on here , just trys to give someone crap about something they do !! , its shitting me to tears.

Posts: 16061 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seasonal petrelgirl
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seasonal petrelgirl     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Midgard_Dragon:
I think the only near impossible bosses in FF's, to me, have been the optional ones, like some of the WEAPONs in FFVII, whatever that ball thing was in FFIX, and Omega in FFX.

The rest of the bosses can generally be beaten with a healthy dose of levelling up.

Ozma. The Ball thing is Ozma. (And it isn't optional for people who want the Ark summon and had the Gold Chocobo Glitch. I wish I got it. My game glitched right before I would have fought said summon Gameshark would have been so worth it.)

--------------------
"I suggest we decide through a knife battle" "But you're the only one of us that carries a knife." "Correction, [I carry] four."

Posts: 64 | From: Atlanta, GA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Midgard_Dragon

Since the Ark summon is in and of itself optional (IIRC?) then Ozma is still optional. [Razz]

--------------------
Midgard Dragon
-==UDIC==-
MidgardDragon's MySpace

Richard W
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard W   E-mail Richard W   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by trollface:
Hell, I read an interview with the creator of Repton 2 in which he said that even he couldn't complete the game, and that he actually doubted that it could be done.

Bastard! Why couldn't he have admitted that at the time? I spent hours on it! Days! Months, probably!

I definitely agree with older games being harder, though. I bought Capcom Classics for PS2 the other day, mainly to play Ghosts and Goblins which I really liked in the arcades. I thought that, because you didn't really get to practice much in the arcade without spending a fortune, I'd be able to breeze through it in the comfort of my own home with unlimited credit. But it's bloody impossible. After continual replays for about an hour and a half I'd managed to get as far as the second end-of-level boss, after the town area (which is the same as the first boss in the forest, except there are two of them) but I only had 10 seconds left on the timer and even if they hadn't killed me I'd have run out of time well before defeating them. When I beat the first end-of-level boss I realised I'd never seen anybody get that far in the arcade.

I don't remember how much a game cost in the arcades in 1986, but that would have been around £10 even at 20p a game, I reckon, and about £25 if it was 50p a game. And that's to get (almost) to the end of the second stage out of six. I wonder if anybody ever defeated it in the arcade?

Posts: 8725 | From: Ipswich - the UK's 9th Best Place to Sleep! | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dobers
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dobers   E-mail Dobers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
These are the hardest I can think of right away: Malpercio, the (sort of) final boss from Baten Kaitos, and Pius Augustus, final boss from Eternal Darkness (unless you have the enchanted gladius, then he's a pushover).

I still haven't beaten Malpercio. I probably just don't have a good enough deck, but it's hard to decide which cards to use knowing he can change the element he's vulnerable to.

ETA: These are both GameCube if you were wondering.

Posts: 86 | From: Georgia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
bulgarian_legend

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bulgarian_legend   E-mail bulgarian_legend   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That Sonic stage is NOT hard. I am not a very good gamer but even I've beaten that zone on an original cartrige , not emulator... hell, it's harder to GET to that level without resetting (since you're bound to screw up a couple of times on the special stages if you forget their arrangemet) than it is to beat it. Now the SNK boss syndrome I can attest to, because many of their fighters have made me want to rip off my hair. I'd rather have it that way than too easy like in Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves though.

If anyone has played SaGa Frontier, it has some pretty annoying (but unique) bosses. Earth Dragon has way too much health, the Magma Slimes (or whatever they were called) with their life drain, and of course the combo fight in Riki's quest which can be close to impossible depending on your character.

Posts: 21 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Midgard_Dragon

quote:
Pius Augustus, final boss from Eternal Darkness (unless you have the enchanted gladius, then he's a pushover).
I fought him without the Enchanted Gladius the first time, and died quite a bit before figuring out what I was supposed to be doing, but after figuring that out, he wasn't all that hard even without the sword. I had the sword the subsequent times (still need to finish one more playthrough to round out the entire game using all different paths) and he wasn't hard, but I attribute that to actually knowing what I'm supposed to be doing.

--------------------
Midgard Dragon
-==UDIC==-
MidgardDragon's MySpace

Spikey
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spikey   E-mail Spikey   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Just to clear up the Sonic stuff:

As far as I'm aware, this comment could be referring to 3 things:

1. Sonic The Hedgehog for the Master System. The first Zone boss involved Sonic falling off a cliff towards some lava, and being saved by Robotnik at the last second, only to be dropped in front of a boss that involves dodging bombs so they hit a crab-like entity. The boss itself was incredibly easy; however, I remember at the time talking a lot to my friends about the 'jump into the lava but Robotnik saves you' bit, and wondering whether or not it was actually possible to avoid Robotnik and fall into the lava. This is the only 'impossible' rumour I remember hearing about the Sonic games.

2. The Doomsday Zone boss at the end of Sonic 3 & Knuckles on the Mega Drive (Genesis). This is the aforementioned level in space, where you, as Super Sonic, must keep collecting rings while trying to make Robotnik's homing missiles hit his own ship. This boss was definitely difficult, but by no means impossible.

3. The end boss of Sonic 2 on the Mega Drive. This takes place in Death Egg Zone, and after fighting a robotic version of Sonic, you go on to fight Robotnik in a large robot, looking like a mecha version of himself.

I reckon it might be this one they're talking about; it's pretty hard at first, considering you have no rings and have to beat the silver Sonic as well. Also you have to time your jumps very precisely, or you will end up being killed by Robotnik's spiked hands (as seen in the picture). But to be honest, once you get the pattern, it doesn't really pose a big threat.

--------------------
"The fact that "uvula" and "vulva" look and sound similar was just a happy coincidence." - Lainie

Posts: 548 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
UrbanReindeer
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UrbanReindeer     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Malpercio, the (sort of) final boss from Baten Kaitos,
Man, if you even made it to the end of Baten Kaitos, I'm impressed. That game was so freaking long, I couldn't finish it.

--------------------
"He feeds the sparrows of the field, but He doesn't sit there and cram worms into their mouths." -- Mouse

Posts: 396 | From: Pasadena, CA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
F minor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for F minor   E-mail F minor   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
King K.Rool in Donkey Kong 64 takes far too long, and you can't save mid-battle.

Also, the giant grasshoppers at the end of Lupus' section in Jet Force Gemini. I loved the game but I just couldn't get past that point. It's only about halfway through the game as well. I was very annoyed.

Posts: 124 | From: London, England | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
James G.
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James G.   Author's Homepage   E-mail James G.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Bubsy had a daft final boss which required little more than fast reactions and luck. There was no pattern to the thing and the movement even seemed to be random. I managed to beat it, but only with the save function of an emulator. (To be honest, I'm still not sure how anyone would have the patience to complete many older games without a save function. Not only can the take for ever but a single slip [Sometimes not even your fault per-se] can effectively send you back to the begining)

--------------------
This is a public service announcement. The board is moving. Check Announcements Photos[/URL]

Posts: 1302 | From: Edinburgh, UK (Currently Nr. Swindon, UK) | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Laurenza

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laurenza   Author's Homepage   E-mail Laurenza   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by UrbanRenewal
Malpercio, the (sort of) final boss from Baten Kaitos,

Man, if you even made it to the end of Baten Kaitos, I'm impressed. That game was so freaking long, I couldn't finish it.

Um, I'd have to disagree. I found it to be an average-length RPG. It certainly was a lot shorter than any of the Playstation era Final Fantasys. But yeah, Malpercio was hard.

But NOTHING compares to Iselia Queen and unlimited Indalecio on Star Ocean: The Second Story. Iselia Queen has 3,000,000+ HP on EASY MODE. You need to be around level 230 to fight her. (Level cap is 255. You need that for unlimitied Indalecio.) U.Idalecio has over a million HP and can do 9999 damage.

Lau"Oh, the Almighty Tria!"renza

--------------------
"Oh... err… I'm not very good with children. I used to like feeding them to things." -- Kuja Greyfare, DarkSoul Kingdom Chapter 19

Posts: 10 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
UrbanReindeer
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UrbanReindeer     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
See now ... I didn't like Final Fantasy at all. So I've no idea how long any of them are. Never even tried to play any of them through.

I nominate any Dance Dance Revolution song with more than 5 feet. Those have me collapsed on the floor wheezing. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"He feeds the sparrows of the field, but He doesn't sit there and cram worms into their mouths." -- Mouse

Posts: 396 | From: Pasadena, CA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Amazing Rando
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Amazing Rando   Author's Homepage   E-mail The Amazing Rando   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Bubsy had a daft final boss which required little more than fast reactions and luck. There was no pattern to the thing and the movement even seemed to be random. I managed to beat it, but only with the save function of an emulator. (To be honest, I'm still not sure how anyone would have the patience to complete many older games without a save function. Not only can the take for ever but a single slip [Sometimes not even your fault per-se] can effectively send you back to the begining)
Bubsy used to be one of my favorite platformers. I made it to the final boss a lot but I don't think I ever beat him. I wonder whatever happened to that cartridge...

I have to second Ghosts n' Goblins as well. Hardest game I've ever played. I don't see how it's possible to beat it in an arcade.

Posts: 417 | From: Escondido, California | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dobers
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dobers   E-mail Dobers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by UrbanRenewal:

Took me 72 hours. [Eek!] Most people could probably do it in less time but I tend to use save points a lot. Plus I left it on while I was at work one day for probably 6 hours because I was in mid-cutscene and couldn't save.

Hell even Resident Evil 4 took me 30 hours and I beat most of the bosses on my first try.

Posts: 86 | From: Georgia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages