snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Entertainment » BOGUS NBC AND JAMIE FOX E-MAIL

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BOGUS NBC AND JAMIE FOX E-MAIL
HEY YALL
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 05 posted      Profile for HEY YALL     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Anyone getting the false allegations e-mail claiming NBC did not properly promote the UNPREDICTABLE MUSICAL Jamie Fox because there wasn't enough white musical guest appearing? Couldn't be more false. Promo was done right there on their website and isn't this the same network that aired the Cosby Show and all black cast from 1984-1992? The e-mail claims they did wrong by putting the musical up against and already established American Idol? And so what? What is your take on all this? Just another way to create drama.
Posts: 7 | From: Lake Ridge, VA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 303 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Do you have a copy of the e-mail you can post? Otherwise, I can't really comment.

And welcome to the boards!

ETA: This is the wrong forum for a message like this. snopes spotting is for mentions of snopes in the news. This message belongs more in the Entertainment forum.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
HEY YALL

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HEY YALL     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Please take the time to forward the below message to everyone
in
>
>
> >your address book. NBC is not doing any marketing & publicity on
>Jamie's
>
> >Music Special on NBC because he stood his ground and wouldn't have
any
>
>
> >white guest as they requested. To make it even worse he had two
>
> >controversial guest stars, that do not fit the "NBC profile" on his
>show.
>
> >Tune in to find out who they are. They are purposely putting his
show
>up
>
> >against the second week of American Idol in hopes that it will fail.
>This
>
> >will give them the excuse to never give another black person a music
>
> >special because "it doesn't work". Let's show them that it does
work,
>and
>
> >that we support each other. Tivo Idol, and watch Jamie. I saw the
>taping,
>
> >it is a good show.
>
> >
>
> >J Foxx making history on NBC. This is the first time NBC h as ever
>aired
>
> >an entire young urban African American cast on a music special. We
>need to
>
> >show support. This was not an easy sell for Jamie and he stood his
>ground
>
> >to make it happen the way he saw fit.
>
> >JAMIE FOXX MUSIC SPECIAL WILL BROADCAST WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 25TH @
>8:00PM
>
> >PST on NBC. PLEASE MAKE IT A POINT WATCH! There will be surprise
>special
>
> >guests.
>

Posts: 7 | From: Lake Ridge, VA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Temple
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Temple     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
With no research whatsoever, it seems reasonable to guess that Kanye West is one of his surprise guests. KW didn't exactly endear himself to viewers when he made his comments during the hurricane telethon a few months back. Add to that the protests over The Book of Daniel, and KW's appearance on the cover of Rolling Stone with a crown of thorns would make it understandable if they chose not to promote that particular guest star.

--------------------
"Well, it looks we're on our own ... again."--Rev. Lovejoy

Posts: 3572 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
HEY YALL

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HEY YALL     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks. I didn't think of that. You can go to Entertainment posted another e-mail I got.
Jenn
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenn   E-mail Jenn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Already covered: http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/jamiefoxx.asp

--------------------
"You're the opposite of troll. It's a compliment!"

Posts: 12086 | From: Alberta | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages