snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Entertainment » Heart's 'Magic Man' about Charles Manson?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Heart's 'Magic Man' about Charles Manson?
DawnStorm
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 07 posted      Profile for DawnStorm   E-mail DawnStorm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This song just finished playing on the classic rock station I listen to and the DJ mentioned this. He'd heard it somewhere years ago, but to him (and me) it sounds like an urban legend.

Dawn--try to understand--Storm

--------------------
Leashes?! We don't need no stinking leashes!!

Posts: 4771 | From: The Berkeley of the East Coast: Montgomery County MD | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Quack
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quack   E-mail Quack   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I doubt it's about Manson, the Wilson sisters seem much too mentally stable to speak of Manson in such terms.

I've never heard any theories about who the song refers to. But it wouldn't surprise me if it was either about Jimmy Page or Robert Plant, given their obsession with Led Zeppelin.

--------------------
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." -Buddha

Posts: 32 | From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Magdalene
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Magdalene   E-mail Magdalene   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I used to be a huge Heart fan....and it seems to me that the song is about Ann Wilson's then-boyfriend (who I believe was also in Heart at that time).

Magdalene

--------------------
"Don't mess with me. I dance with swords."

Posts: 1656 | From: Colorado | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nappy Solo
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 304 posted      Profile for Nappy Solo     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
On a rather lengthy Heart profile on VH1, they did cover that, and it was a former boyfriend. Actually pretty good coverage of the band. Stuff like band members telling Annie they could "sell more records if she would just lose some weight". Seems like the series was "Behind the Music". Too bad they don't run those anymore, now that VH1 has followed MTVs lead by not having anything to do with music anymore. Sarcasm intended!

--------------------
Virtue is its own reward. But, then again, so is vice....

Posts: 167 | From: Lincoln, NE | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
heavenlycreature
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heavenlycreature         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I never heard it was about Manson and I used to be into Heart way back when (my brother was obsessed with them when I was growing up).

It's a great song, though. IMO, Heart's first few albums were amazing (through Magazine), then their music just got cheesy.

Posts: 5 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Squishy0405
Wii Wiish You A Merry Chriistmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Squishy0405   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squishy0405   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I thought the song referred to a man with blue eyes...Doesn't Manson have brown? I may be wrong...My mom LOVES heart and got me hooked [Smile]
Posts: 1119 | From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages