snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Entertainment » Liz Taylor eyes (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Liz Taylor eyes
Autumn Neko
The Seahorse Whisperer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Autumn Neko   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nocturnal Goddess: The Masquerade:
It's a mutation of a regular gene. Alexander the Great had a dark brown one, but the mutation is incredibly rare. Having two different color eyes (again, the flash turns them both that weird blue, so it's hard to photograph) is also incredibly rare. So, having both of these things, I've got some of the rarest eyes in the world [Big Grin]

My father has the same kind of eyes - his eyes are bluish-green and each eye has a large spot of rich brown. It's very interesting - I wish I had inherited it [Frown]

--------------------
"...and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does."
~~Groucho Marx~~

Posts: 392 | From: Virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lawgiver
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lawgiver   E-mail Lawgiver   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Also jumping on the eye color changing bandwagon. My sons eyes are a gunmetal gray color and will change with whatever color he is wearing. They're gorgeous.

--------------------
I looked at my sleeping husband and longed to plunge my elbow through his peaceful face. ~ Annissa

Posts: 381 | From: Nashville | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MacLloyd
God Rest Ye Merry Merchants

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MacLloyd     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Never could resist a bandwagon.

My eyes were dark brown when I was younger are now generally called "hazel" (I don't even know what that means) but now they are more brown in the morning and distinctly green in the evenings.

--------------------
"May you make the Yuletide pay!"

Posts: 811 | From: Arcadia, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Fantome
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fantome   Author's Homepage   E-mail Fantome   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
OMG, Mary Sue eyes!

Sorry. [Smile]

Posts: 33 | From: Idaho | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MaidenAthene
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaidenAthene   E-mail MaidenAthene   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have changey eyes too. Some of my childhood photos my eyes are grey-green to steel blue, some dark blue-green, but a good majority of the time its green with a dark green rim. I haven't figured what changes them, except when i cry they can be pretty dark blue, or intensely green.

--------------------
“We live in a society of victimization, where people are much more comfortable being victimized than actually standing up for themselves.” - Marilyn Manson
"Well, end more, your not ending enough!" - MST3K

Posts: 259 | From: Texas | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mintgiver

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mintgiver   E-mail Mintgiver   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My husband and I both have dark brown eyes. Our oldest son has bottle green eyes, another son has very light brown eyes, and our daughter's eyes are black, with no distinction between the iris and pupil. Genetics, huh?
Posts: 6 | From: Madison, WI | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Maj. Burns
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 99 posted      Profile for Maj. Burns   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fantome:
OMG, Mary Sue eyes!

Sorry. [Smile]

LOL! That's the term I've been using lately for my eyes (while getting weird looks from the BF). Throughout my life, I've gone from blue to steel grey to hazel to aqua, before they finally settled to a green hue. But even so, the shade of green lightens and darkens constantly, with a hint of blue or grey thrown in every now and then.
Posts: 116 | From: Manasquan, NJ | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
bethntim
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bethntim         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Frog Feathers-- I absolutely LOVE your eye color. If I were you I would accentuate it every chance I got! My eyes are odd, they don't change color but the are two different colors. The top half is brown, the bottom half is green. Very distinctly different. I freaked out my eye doctor when I went he was looking close up with the light then he would pull back then he would go in close again then go back out again and I asked if something was wrong (he was kinda freakin' me out) and he said, " do you know your eyes are two colors?!?!" I said why yes I do and he said he had never seen anything like that before, top brown, bottom green. I felt *special*, not short yellow bus *special* but special none the less.

--------------------
Take only pictures, leave only footprints...

Posts: 255 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MsBeaverhausen
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MsBeaverhausen   E-mail MsBeaverhausen   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have plain blue eyes, nothing special. DH has these fabulos light brown eyes that remind me of the picture of Davy on the cover of "Tiger Eyes". Child has these hazel eyes that has a small spot of chocolate brown on the left eye. My sister's kids have interesting eyes. My nephews eyes have not changed since he was born. They are this really cool steel color. My niece's eyes can be just about any color she wants. When she wears blue they are blue and green when she wears green. When she wears white, black, or grey they are grey, and when she wears violet or pink they look violet. The only color she can't make her eyes look is brown.

--------------------
I love Jesus... PURPLE JESUS !!!

Posts: 248 | From: Ft. Lauderdale, FL | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
icky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icky   E-mail icky       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have one green eye and one light brown eye. No one hardly ever notices until they get close to my face.

--------------------
-MushroomLove

Posts: 11 | From: Pasadena, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ledfeather

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ledfeather   E-mail Ledfeather   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
When I'm happy my eyes are blue, when I'm mad they are blue. When I wear red they are blue and when I were green you guessed it blue. Man I got boring eyes.

--------------------
There is absolutely no evidence that life is meant to be taken serious.

Posts: 29 | From: Washington | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
RiotGirlHeather
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiotGirlHeather   Author's Homepage   E-mail RiotGirlHeather   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Right now, my eyes are blue with a bit of green around the pupil and gray around the rim. Whenever I've cried, they turn ice blue, and whenever I'm angry they're bright green. Normally they're very light.

Heather

edited to get back on topic...I always thought Liz Taylor had very blue eyes.

--------------------
Luke: I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you.
Princess Leia: You're who?

Posts: 560 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ChelleGame
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChelleGame   E-mail ChelleGame   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by candy from Ron Mexico:
quote:
posted by Repairman Jack
I cannot give you a date but last year in the science section of the NY Times, they had a bit about whether peoples eyes could really change hues from emotion or clothing choices...and they found that in a few cases it was true.

My eyes are kind of bluey-greeney, but when I'm outside on a rainy day I often have people tell me they look grey. Also if I wear blue or green eyeshadow it makes my eyes look more of the other color (blue eyeshadow makes them look green, green makes them look blue). My mom is the same way.
That's my eye color(s) as well. Most of the pic cropped out because, well, my face was painted like a tiger.

-

--------------------
Michelle

Posts: 953 | From: Ely, Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lionswims
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lionswims   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I knew a girl who had one blue eye and one green eye. They were strikingly gorgeous.

When I see Elizabeth Taylor, I ususally think her eyes look green. I'll have to watch National Velvet again and pay more attention to her eye color.

Posts: 134 | From: Farmington, CT | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Elena:
I knew a girl who had one blue eye and one green eye. They were strikingly gorgeous.

Growing up, I knew a woman who had two different color eyes. I remember one was blue, I'm not sure about the other one. I thought it was cool, but she apparently didn't, becuase she she started wearing colored contact lenses as soon as they became commercially available.

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages