snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Entertainment » Nana Visitor a stripper? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Nana Visitor a stripper?
Gerard Morvan
Deck the Malls

Icon 08 posted      Profile for Gerard Morvan   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Back when Star Trek: Deep Space Nine aired in France (on cable and satellite only. The french terrestrial channels are notorious for their treatment of that franchise), the programme guide I buy every week mentioned a few times that Nana Visitor had been a dancer at the famous Paris strip club the Crazy Horse. However, nothing about it is to be found on her biography, which you can find on her official website.

Now, did the journalist made it up, or did he think that she was a member of the cast because of her curious stage name (the Crazy Horse is notorious for the strange names of its dancers, such as Lova Moor, for example)? Or was it true, and is that a part of her past the actress prefers to keep under the bushel?

--------------------
"Kentoc'h Mervel !"

Posts: 388 | From: France | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Joe Bentley
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Bentley   Author's Homepage   E-mail Joe Bentley   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Doesn't seem likely, although Nana Visitor was an accomplished singer and dancer prior to her more well known televisions role.

Nana Visitor was born Nana Tucker in New York in 1957 and was doing Broadway plays as early as the mid 70s. She toured the country and Eurpe with Angela Lansbury in the stage revival of Gypsy

She moved to LA in 1985 and appeared in American produced televisions shows on and off throughout the next two decades until she gained fame on DS9. There really isn't any logical timeframe where she could of moved to Paris long enough for such a side job.

I mean I guess its not impossible, but it does seem unlikely. Trekkers are hard core, if a Star Trek actress had done any kind of adult performance the fansites would be all over it. None of the major sites such as Memory Alpha make mention of it.

This French language DS9 fansite here does mention it however.

--------------------
"Existence has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long." - Rorschach, The Watchmen

Posts: 8929 | From: Norfolk, Virginia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DesertRat
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DesertRat     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hey, I can dream, right?

She always was the hottest of all the "Trek chicks."

--------------------
High on the wind, the Highland drums begin to roll, and something from the past just comes and stares into my soul... --Mark Knopfler

Posts: 3402 | From: New Bern, NC | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
RangerDog
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RangerDog   E-mail RangerDog   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Other than Tasha Yar and 7 of 9 (Yawza) you are right DR.

And welcome back to the ethernet!

--------------------
Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish

Posts: 2036 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
trollface
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trollface   Author's Homepage   E-mail trollface   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DesertRat:

Please. Nobody beats Nicole "Ezri Dax" DeBoer:

-

--------------------
seriously , everyone on here , just trys to give someone crap about something they do !! , its shitting me to tears.

Posts: 16061 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DemonWolf

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DemonWolf     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by trollface:
quote:
Originally posted by DesertRat:

Agreed.

--------------------
Friends are like skittles: they come in many colors, and some are fruity!

IMJW-052804

Posts: 7224 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spikey
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spikey   E-mail Spikey   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Um, excuse me:
[img] http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/is/thumb/3/31/T%27Pol.jpeg/180px-T%27Pol.jpeg [/img]

--------------------
"The fact that "uvula" and "vulva" look and sound similar was just a happy coincidence." - Lainie

Posts: 548 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
trollface
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trollface   Author's Homepage   E-mail trollface   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spikey:
Um, excuse me:
[img] http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/is/thumb/3/31/T%27Pol.jpeg/180px-T%27Pol.jpeg [/img]

Meh, fake boobs and collagen. Give me the reality of a naturally pretty face any day.

--------------------
seriously , everyone on here , just trys to give someone crap about something they do !! , its shitting me to tears.

Posts: 16061 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spikey
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 19 posted      Profile for Spikey   E-mail Spikey   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Fair enough [Razz]
(P.S. any idea why my image didn't diaplay properly?)

--------------------
"The fact that "uvula" and "vulva" look and sound similar was just a happy coincidence." - Lainie

Posts: 548 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lazerus the duck
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lazerus the duck   E-mail lazerus the duck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I can think of no logical reason captain.

--------------------
All the world's a face, And all the men and women merely acne.

Posts: 673 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Joe Bentley

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Bentley   Author's Homepage   E-mail Joe Bentley   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Fair enough [Razz]
(P.S. any idea why my image didn't diaplay properly?)

For some reason UBB Code doesn't get along with certain special characters, percent signs amoungst them.

--------------------
"Existence has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long." - Rorschach, The Watchmen

Posts: 8929 | From: Norfolk, Virginia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DemonWolf

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DemonWolf     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Um, excuse me:

Meh, fake boobs and collagen. Give me the reality of a naturally pretty face any day.
That's twice I've ageed with Trollface, except I'd also add fake blonde hair.
Naturaller is betterer.

--------------------

IMJW-052804

Posts: 7224 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bug Muldoon
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bug Muldoon   E-mail Bug Muldoon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Um, excuse me:

The boobs are an unfortunate side-effect of Braga's fetishes (he's got a thing for emotionless models in form-lifting catsuits). She looks pretty good with decent hair and a more flattering outfit. Try the In A Mirror, Darkly episodes.

And while it's a bit inappropriate to ogle the deceased, I always liked Cutler (center) :

-

--------------------
All along the untrodden paths of the future, I can see the footprints of an unseen hand.

Posts: 6912 | From: Flanders | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mistletoey Chloe

Icon 302 posted      Profile for Mistletoey Chloe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Huh. Anyone else think this thread would be about the secret life of someone who stops in to see geriatrics?

--------------------
~~Ai am in mai prrrrrraime!~~

Posts: 10111 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
posted by Chloe
Huh. Anyone else think this thread would be about the secret life of someone who stops in to see geriatrics?

Yes. I'm a bit disappointed now.

--------------------
Me: "He's 19? Uh oh, I bought him a beer."
A: "You contributed to the deliquency of a minor in drag!"
"Sweet spell check: keeping drunks off the radar since 1995."- IND
God Re-Animate Green Pork Bush

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
robbiev - singin' off key

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robbiev - singin' off key   Author's Homepage   E-mail robbiev - singin' off key   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DesertRat:
[qb]She always was the hottest of all the "Trek chicks."

[pic snipped for the sake of bandwidth]

I always thought the other Dax was kinda' cute too, but I had a thing for Terry Farrell before she was on DS9.

-

But, sorry, you are ALL wrong. Nobody beats the green chick from the original ST: [Razz]

-

--------------------
Every time I see a good looking woman, I think, "0oooh. There's another one I'll never have!"

Corvette. The louder you scream, the faster I'll go.

Posts: 1820 | From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DemonWolf

The woman who played Cutler died? That's sad. I liked her too. [Frown]

--------------------

IMJW-052804

Electrotiger
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Electrotiger   E-mail Electrotiger   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The green Orion slave?!? You mean Batgirl?!?

ETA: a spankage clarifier

--------------------
Mr. Sagan did not go too fars, If you just took the time to scan its,
You'd count billions and billions of stars, And billions and billions of planets.

Posts: 332 | From: Kansas City, MO | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DadOf3
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DadOf3     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That green Orion slave girl is not Batgirl. Yvonne Craig played the Orion in "Whom the Gods Destroy", but this pic is Vina from "The Menagerie", or "The Cage", played by Susan Oliver.
Posts: 539 | From: Nova Scotia | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bug Muldoon
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bug Muldoon   E-mail Bug Muldoon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DemonWolf:

Unexpected heart attack in late-2003.

--------------------
All along the untrodden paths of the future, I can see the footprints of an unseen hand.

Posts: 6912 | From: Flanders | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Electrotiger
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Electrotiger   E-mail Electrotiger   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DadOf3:
That green Orion slave girl is not Batgirl. Yvonne Craig played the Orion in "Whom the Gods Destroy", but this pic is Vina from "The Menagerie", or "The Cage", played by Susan Oliver.

There was more than one?!? Did Kirk snog on them both?

--------------------
Mr. Sagan did not go too fars, If you just took the time to scan its,
You'd count billions and billions of stars, And billions and billions of planets.

Posts: 332 | From: Kansas City, MO | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
crazybob
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazybob   E-mail crazybob   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bug Muldoon:
quote:

Unexpected heart attack in late-2003.
I'm glad it was not an expected heart attack!

[fish]

--------------------
You can observe a lot just by watching.
-Yogi Berra

Posts: 85 | From: Tacoma, WA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 105 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

-

Completely off topic, but didn't Major Kira share a lesbian kiss with Ezri Dax in an alternate-universe episode? Or am I going crazy?

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bug Muldoon
The "Was on Sale" Song

quote:
Completely off topic, but didn't Major Kira share a lesbian kiss with Ezri Dax in an alternate-universe episode? Or am I going crazy?
She did, in the The Emperor's New Cloak (DS9, season 7)

--------------------

DemonWolf

I gotta rent that one! [Big Grin]

--------------------

IMJW-052804

Bug Muldoon
The "Was on Sale" Song

quote:

The episode in question isn't that good, really.

-

--------------------

lazerus the duck
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lazerus the duck   E-mail lazerus the duck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Has anyone seen snopes the urban legend site around here? I seem to have wandered into the land of the rabid fanboys. lol.

--------------------
All the world's a face, And all the men and women merely acne.

Posts: 673 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DadOf3
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DadOf3     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Electrotiger:
quote:

There was more than one?!? Did Kirk snog on them both?
No, "The Cage" was the original pilot, starring Jeffrey Hunter as Captain Christopher Pike. Kirk wasn't around until the second pilot.

The episode footage was incorporated rather cleverly into a two-part episode entitled "The Menagerie". Kirk, Spock, an injured Chris Pike, and Commodore Mendez are watching the events of the past on a view screen. There was a woman named Vina who Pike saw many different ways, including as an Orion slave girl. A still from her dance was used in the closing credits, and that's the pic that was posted.

(Should I reveal the level of my Star Trek geekiness by admitting that I only had to look up one fact in my last two posts?)

Posts: 539 | From: Nova Scotia | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DemonWolf

Icon 506 posted      Profile for DemonWolf     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Waffles

--------------------

IMJW-052804

DemonWolf

quote:
Originally posted by Bug Muldoon:
quote:

The episode in question isn't that good, really.

Like any of the Alternate Universe Episode were... [Razz]
When I bought the first six seasons, the AU episodes were left on for completeness, but let's just say that they weren't paused for bathroom or snack breaks...

--------------------

IMJW-052804

Mosherette
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mosherette     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lazerus the duck:
Has anyone seen snopes the urban legend site around here? I seem to have wandered into the land of the rabid fanboys. lol.

[lol]

Please can I put "Nana Visitor" in the stupid baby names thread? Whether it's her real name or a stage name...for the love of god, WHY?!

--------------------
Silence should never under any circumstances be construed as agreement. A lot of the time, it's simply a reflection that someone just said something so stupid that no response could possibly do it justice. - Ramblin' Dave

Posts: 8528 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bug Muldoon
The "Was on Sale" Song

quote:
Originally posted by Mosherette:
quote:
Originally posted by lazerus the duck:

[lol]

Please can I put "Nana Visitor" in the stupid baby names thread? Whether it's her real name or a stage name...for the love of god, WHY?!

Stage name, at least the second part. Her real name is Nana Tucker. Which is about as bad...

Incidentally, her second son has the unfortunate name Django El Tahir El Siddig [lol] (though the last name is due to his father, the actor who played Dr Bashir)

--------------------

robbiev - singin' off key

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robbiev - singin' off key   Author's Homepage   E-mail robbiev - singin' off key   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
No, "The Cage" was the original pilot, starring Jeffrey Hunter as Captain Christopher Pike. Kirk wasn't around until the second pilot.

The episode footage was incorporated rather cleverly into a two-part episode entitled "The Menagerie". Kirk, Spock, an injured Chris Pike, and Commodore Mendez are watching the events of the past on a view screen. There was a woman named Vina who Pike saw many different ways, including as an Orion slave girl. A still from her dance was used in the closing credits, and that's the pic that was posted.

I thought there was an episode where Kirk got freaky with a green girl (other than "The Gods" where she flirted with him). Maybe I'm just confusing the two, but I thought I remembered it.

quote:

(Should I reveal the level of my Star Trek geekiness by admitting that I only had to look up one fact in my last two posts?)

Too late! [Razz]

--------------------
Every time I see a good looking woman, I think, "0oooh. There's another one I'll never have!"

Corvette. The louder you scream, the faster I'll go.

Posts: 1820 | From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
trollface
The Bills of St. Mary's

Star Trek is a haven for terrible names. DeFoerst Kelly. Brent Spiner. Michael Dorn. Gates McFadden. Colm Meaney. Rene Auberjonois. Cirroc Lofton. Nana Visitor.

In fact, it's a personal theory of mine that the reason that Voyager and Enterprise are the black sheep of the family is that their casts had normal names. Jolene Blalock and maybe Connor Trinneer excepted.

--------------------

GenYus
Away in a Manager's Special

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
What's wrong with Michael Dorn or Brent Spiner? And you forgot Sadig El Fadil.

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages