snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Entertainment » Hidden frame in new Mel Gibson trailer (NOW WITH HIDDEN FRAME PIC GOODNESS!)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hidden frame in new Mel Gibson trailer (NOW WITH HIDDEN FRAME PIC GOODNESS!)
richard b.
If you're gonna scream, scream with me.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richard b.   Author's Homepage   E-mail richard b.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
here's the trailer:
link

the hidden frame is at 1:46, a second or two before the eclipse. here's a capture of the hidden frame:

***EDIT: image of hidden frame hosted by imageshack***

-

i can't figure out which site i originally saw this at, but the image of the frame comes from joblo.com

[ 28. December 2005, 10:59 PM:   snopes ]

Posts: 41 | From: West Palm Beach, Florida | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ravensbane
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ravensbane         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Access to the second link is blocked for me. Could you describe what the hidden frame shows, please?

And btw, I don't have any particular interest in seeing the film...but the trailer is visually stunning !

Edited to correct several typos and poor syntax...

--------------------
"Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives."
Dr. Charles Fisher, psychoanalyst and sleep researcher.

Posts: 671 | From: Los Angeles, California | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Penny
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The second link works if you copy and paste the URL into a new browser window.
Posts: 340 | From: Redmond, WA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Johnny Slick
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Johnny Slick   E-mail Johnny Slick   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
OMG!!! MEL GIBSON IS RED GREEN!!!!

--------------------
Give big space to the festive dog that makes sport in roadway. Avoid entanglement of dog with wheel spokes.

Posts: 4267 | From: Seattle | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
richard b.
If you're gonna scream, scream with me.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richard b.   Author's Homepage   E-mail richard b.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
***edited the OP to add a working capture of the hidden frame***
Posts: 41 | From: West Palm Beach, Florida | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mitochondrial Steve
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mitochondrial Steve   E-mail Mitochondrial Steve   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
When did Mel become Saddam?

--------------------
"America can, should, must and will blow up the moon."

Posts: 392 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
bigblu89
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigblu89         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
OK. Yup. I saw it. Now what?
Posts: 76 | From: Long Island, New York | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
bigblu89
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigblu89         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
 -
Posts: 76 | From: Long Island, New York | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Remarkgullabull
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Remarkgullabull     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mitochondrial Steve:
When did Mel become Saddam?

Or Bill Murray with a beard.

--------------------
Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Posts: 1961 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Louise
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Louise   Author's Homepage   E-mail Louise   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That's really freaky... I think i definitely will not be ready to go to that movie when it comes out, if hidden frames like that are in the trailer.

--------------------
"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." -- Mark Twain

Posts: 173 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GooglyEyes
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GooglyEyes   E-mail GooglyEyes   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmmm, I see the posted picture, but I watched the trailer at Apple's website and just to double check on the official website...nothing. I guess they changed it already. [Frown]
Posts: 789 | From: Illinois | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TheLazenby
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheLazenby   Author's Homepage   E-mail TheLazenby   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I agree with Johnny Slick... he has a Red Green thing goin' on!

--------------------
Rest in Peace, Charles Rocket 1949-2005

"On behalf of Gail Matthius and the entire Weekend Update news team, I'm Charles Rocket. Good night, and... watch out."

Posts: 140 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Vyera
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vyera   E-mail Vyera   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GooglyEyes:
Hmmm, I see the posted picture, but I watched the trailer at Apple's website and just to double check on the official website...nothing. I guess they changed it already. [Frown]

Hasn't changed yet for me. You'll have to pause the trailer and go frame by frame to find it.
Posts: 273 | From: Richland, WA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Wizard of Yendor
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 05 posted      Profile for Wizard of Yendor   E-mail Wizard of Yendor   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yep, still there. Wierd.
Posts: 2352 | From: California | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
WonkoTheSane
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WonkoTheSane     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, it's certainly one of the easier ways to get people to look at your movie trailer over and over...

Wonko

--------------------
"It seemed to me that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilzation in which I could live and stay sane."

Posts: 1462 | From: Outside the Asylum (Massachusetts) | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
blfz70
Shmammy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blfz70   Author's Homepage   E-mail blfz70   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I cannot seem to see it. My comp works kinda slow, so that might be the problem.
Posts: 90 | From: Wylie, Texas | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
aldiboronti
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aldiboronti   E-mail aldiboronti   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If it's an older computer you might have the same problem that I do. All the Apple trailers use the new codecs that only the latest version of Quicktime will play. This latest version needs Windows 2000 or Windows XP. All earlier Windows OS, such as my creaky Windows 98SE, are left out in the cold.

I guess it's time to put my old workhorse out to pasture.

Posts: 55 | From: england | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Muskrat Monroe
A View to a Krill

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Muskrat Monroe   E-mail Muskrat Monroe   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Huh. That's interesting. The flash of images in that section of the trailer is really quickly edited, but I went frame by frame, and there it was. I knew it was there, and was even looking for it, but I still got a little bit of a jolt when it popped up.

I wonder why it's there.

Mel Gibson was very very purty when he was younger and before he went all crazy. That picture makes him look very creepy. The beard and cigarette-dangling-from-the-mouth-look isn't doing him any favors.

--------------------
Someday I'll aquire wisdom, but for now, being a wise-ass will have to do.

Posts: 90 | From: the Michigan/Ohio border | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages