snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Entertainment » Bloodmaster Scarlet

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bloodmaster Scarlet
TB Tabby
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 107 posted      Profile for TB Tabby   E-mail TB Tabby   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
There were some tacky comic book series created in the '90s, but did they really get THIS bad? I know it's plausible, but I can't find any more information on it anywhere.

--------------------
I like to go down to the playground and watch the kids run and jump and scream, because they don't know I'm only using blanks.

Posts: 942 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kamino Neko
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kamino Neko   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Given that almost everything I can find points back to Everything2 - and the rest is unrelated (this goes both for the comic, and the supposed infamous french manuscript), I suspect this may be a parody. If it were real, you'd think there'd be no shortage of pages making fun of it - or even a few rabid fanpages.

--------------------
Blueberry, Blackberry, Raspberry, Strawberry
Merry Merry-go-round, Funky Funky Playground

Posts: 3645 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
petebl
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't buy it.

I was a hardcore comicbook geek in the early 90's (I practically lived in my local comic shop) and bought many crappy Image comics that came out in their early days and I have no recollection of "Bloodmaster Scarlet" at all. I didn't buy everything Image but I was very aware of everything new.

And there's no mention of it or "Claude Bravo" anywhere other than Everything2. So I'd say it's bull.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Chimera
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chimera     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well I worked for a publication that had a cover showing Hitler at the French Open (posted it here once but I don't want to bother looking for it and scanning it again right now) as well as the popular "Turbo Christ" (think of Christ riding a rocket powered cross to heaven).

I also worked for a comic book store with such greats as "Mistresses of Bondage", "Cherry" (one October edition had young wiccan females doing it with the ghost of Elvis after playing with a ouija board and the mother goddess)... there is also "Milk and Cheese" (dairy products gone bad... they mostly used bad language and beat up people) and "Flaming Carrot" (I really don't know what it was about but its was an odd independent. My point is nothing would really surprise me in the comic book world. Once you've seen images of teens with elvis cum on their faces liking off a female goddess not much surprises you. Oh and let's not forget "Sandman" (ok, that one has always been a favourite of mine but still...). Its had such things as breaking ones "madien head" (take a good hymen guess on what that means) for a girl would be unwanted for marriage... to "the collectors" story line that involved rapist, murders, and child molesters collecting souvineers from their victims and holding conventions to brag about them.

--------------------
"The question for joining the protected forum for real magicians should be:

What is the use of women?"
Steve W. from JREF's 'This is no fun'

Posts: 7622 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kamino Neko
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kamino Neko   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
And?

We all know there's adult themed, even heavily vulgar books out there (you named Milk and Cheese, Flaming Carrot and Sandman, but skipped Lady Death and Evil Ernie, which are much, much closer in theme to the hypothetical Bloodmaster?).

The question isn't 'is it believable' - it is, and very much in keeping with a lot of Image's early offerings, especially from Liefeld and McFarlain. It's if Bloodmaster Scarlet exists.

Which it doesn't seem to.

--------------------
Blueberry, Blackberry, Raspberry, Strawberry
Merry Merry-go-round, Funky Funky Playground

Posts: 3645 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages