snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Entertainment » Beau-Latasha

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Beau-Latasha
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 82 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: who is this beau-latasha person. everyone says she is the most
beautiful person in the world, but there are NO pictures of here at all!
they say she is a prime minister and was in cannes, and on the cover of
french vogue 2003. some say she is an internet hoax..which is true?????
thank you

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nion
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nion         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
HellOOOOOOOO contradiction!

"she is a prime minister and was in cannes, and on the cover of french vogue 2003"

. . . yet, earlier . . .

". . . but there are NO pictures of here at all!"

She was on the cover of a magazine, but there are no pictures of her. A magician, that one!

"some say she is an internet hoax"

That is sounding like the best answer to me, at the moment. lol

--------------------
It can't rain all the time.

Posts: 1102 | From: Iowa | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kmcm
We Three Blings

Icon 102 posted      Profile for kmcm   Author's Homepage   E-mail kmcm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Found a photo.

ETA: nope, I was wrong that's Aishwarya Rai. This supposedly is one.

--------------------
Of course this land is dangerous! All of the animals are capably murderous. Especially the penguins.

i'm a figment of my own imagination, sometimes i don't exist

Posts: 1099 | From: Kitsap County, WA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jax
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Okay, this is kind of fun!

- Googled her, nothing but message board references.
- Google Image-searched her, nothing.
- IMDB'd her, no entry.
- Went to www.beau-latasha.com, which some message board entries claimed to be a valid site for more info, and although it may have been once upon a time, it is no more.

I say hoax at this point, but I thought it might be interesting to gather together as many of the "rumors" about Beau-Latasha, just to see if there are any grains of truth at all:

From here, here & here :
  • She's "from overseas"
  • She's French
  • She looks Spanish/mixed
  • She's mixed French, Black, Brazilian, Indian
  • "She sort of looks like a mixture of singer vanity in the 1980's and model adriana lima"
  • "5'9 huge bedroom eyes, skin like butter,36c-19-36 (according to brother man magazine)"
  • She's 5'9" 36-18-36
  • She's a supermodel in Europe, especially big in Sweden
  • She's also an actress
  • She's been on billboards and magazine covers in Europe and Africa.
  • She was on the cover of French Vogue 2003
  • She was in Paris Vogue in 2004
  • She's on "the new cover of Beautiful Magazine" (4/2005)
  • She's in "the new Coca Cola ad" (2004)
  • She's in "the new Lamborghini ad" (2004)
  • She was in a Spanish Citroen ad in 2003
  • She's also done ads for Mitsubishi and Nike
  • She's done advertisements for Mikimoto & Daimler-Chrysler
  • She's a spokesmodel for Harry Winston (2004)
  • She was in a Times Square billboard for Citroen
  • She was in a Coke commercial in 2003
  • She plays "Joli", a superhero, on a French television show
  • She was on a show with "Rachelll from BET" on "the Carribean Network" in 2000
  • She's "the most beautiful girl in the world according to Mouiseri Laureaux, President of Intl Companies Inc."
  • Fashion photog Scavullo supposedly said of her "Only in a million years does a woman this beautiful come along"
  • She's a preacher
  • She's a Televangelist
  • She's dating a Prince or a King
  • She wore a billion-dollar diamond bikini to the 2002 Cannes Film Festival that caused a stir
  • She turned 20 in 2004

This tickled me -- I actually *did* find something - her ministry is registered on christianity.net at http://gospelconnection.com/ministries_detail.cfm?ministryid=3369 , and apparently the address of her ministry is "P.O. Box 703211, Europe 74170 US". Hee.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ulkomaalainen
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ulkomaalainen     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jax:
She's 5'9" 36-18-36

I hope she's fake - this cannot look good at all - let alone be healthy :-)

Ulko "I like to hold something I can see" maalainen

--------------------
Movie characters never make typing mistakes.

Posts: 586 | From: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Made of Stardust
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Made of Stardust     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
So now that she's been so hyped-up, when does the movie/TV series/e-mailed pics with virus attached start coming around?

--------------------
"We too are stardust."

Posts: 147 | From: CT | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lyfe101
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 04 posted      Profile for lyfe101   E-mail lyfe101   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Beau-latasha is definitely a real model person, no internet hoax as stated before. She is however a visual phenomenon, she is quite stunning in person as well as on many billboards around the country of Greece. Continue to search with a beauty like hers she is bound to show up somewhere real soon.

--------------------
A brian is a terrible thing to waste.

Posts: 1 | From: California | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
OrsonWelles

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OrsonWelles   E-mail OrsonWelles       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Kmcm's link doesnt work, there is nothing there.

I havent head of her before, but she sounds completely hyped up and fake.

Posts: 17 | From: Canberra, Australia | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kmcm
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kmcm   Author's Homepage   E-mail kmcm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You do realize that this thread is more than a year old, right?

--------------------
Of course this land is dangerous! All of the animals are capably murderous. Especially the penguins.

Posts: 1099 | From: Kitsap County, WA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
OrsonWelles

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OrsonWelles   E-mail OrsonWelles       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The thread is a year old, but the link still doesnt work.
Posts: 17 | From: Canberra, Australia | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kmcm
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kmcm   Author's Homepage   E-mail kmcm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by OrsonWelles:
The thread is a year old, but the link still doesnt work.

Generally, links dont stay active for that long, especially ones that are just pictures. What worked a year ago does not necessarily work now. You'll find that alot if you contiue resurrecting old threads.

--------------------

OrsonWelles

quote:
Originally posted by lyfe101:
Beau-latasha is definitely a real model person, no internet hoax as stated before. She is however a visual phenomenon, she is quite stunning in person as well as on many billboards around the country of Greece. Continue to search with a beauty like hers she is bound to show up somewhere real soon.

This is what I was responding to, I didnt resurrect the thread.
Shoebox
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shoebox   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, as long as it is resurrected, I can report that there still aren't any pictures...there are however many, many repetitions of what feels like an official mantra of sorts: "Beau-Latasha is the most beautiful woman in the world!"

...and that's about as far as I go on the subject, because the more you research the more inane 'who's the cutest?' websites you turn up, and after awhile it just gets horribly dispiriting.

--------------------
"Want you to know that if I had been there and they had of cooked you, I would not of eaten any." - Porkypine, Pogo

Posts: 71 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator