snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Disney » Dream Disney job sabotaged by e-mail

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dream Disney job sabotaged by e-mail
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 108 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A student almost cost her former flatmate a summer job at Disney World after sending a "vindictive" email to the American company pretending it was from her, a court was told.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/men/news/s/228/228167_dream_disney_job_sabotaged_by_email.html

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush
O Come Let Us Adore Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hey Snopes- the link isn't working.

--------------------
My mom, about my nervousness with Jeopardy!: "Don't worry about it. Just get drunk and you'll do fine."
Blog Just call me Mickey 2

Posts: 3295 | From: Radford, VA/Herndon, VA/Orlando, FL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Stoneage Dinosaur
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stoneage Dinosaur   E-mail Stoneage Dinosaur   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The Manchester evening news site seems to be down - but the same story can be found here.

--------------------
"You learn something new every day if you're not careful" - Wilf Lunn

Posts: 893 | From: Durham City, England | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Artemis
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Artemis   E-mail Artemis   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The Manchester site is working for me now. Horrible, horrible thing to do. How can you ever think that's an acceptable and normal thing to do?

--------------------
"You can't play Electro-magnetic Golf according to the rules of Centrifugal Bumble Puppy."
-Mustapha Mond, "Brave New World"

Posts: 679 | From: New York | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Singing in the Drizzle
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Singing in the Drizzle     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Mitchell had access to the girl's laptop and knew her passwords.
Its partly the girls fault for letting friend have or a quire her password in the first place.

This is one reason I never have trusted anyone with my password. Not my wife, boss or best and most trusted friends and I refuse to know theirs. I do not write them down anywere ether. I may at best write a very criptic clues that I would only understand. An expanple if the criptic clue I would use is the one accout at work that I do not use very offten. The clue is "12", it reminds me of something and that trigers the memory of the word of phrase I used for the password.

Posts: 597 | From: Bellingham, WA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush
O Come Let Us Adore Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, if the girl uses the same password for both her computer and e-mail passwords, then how hard would it be?

In any case, that's a shitty thing to do. I'm glad that Disney understood. I just hope the girl doesn't mind [apartment complex that's joked about having promiscuous residents].

--------------------
My mom, about my nervousness with Jeopardy!: "Don't worry about it. Just get drunk and you'll do fine."
Blog Just call me Mickey 2

Posts: 3295 | From: Radford, VA/Herndon, VA/Orlando, FL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
atimnie
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atimnie   E-mail atimnie       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Mitchell, a second-year immunology student at Aberdeen University, told police: "I am really sorry I did it."
You're sorry you got caught, you pathetic waste of skin.
Posts: 70 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages