snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Disney » Guerrilla Artist Targets Disneyland

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Guerrilla Artist Targets Disneyland
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 16 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A life-size replica of a Guantanamo Bay detainee was placed in Disneyland by "guerrilla artist" Banksy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/5335400.stm

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wait a minute - between the whole finger scanning deal and going through your bags when entering the park, no one noticed this giant figure going through the gate, much less it being toted around the park and into the grounds of a ride?!

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
I saw Mommy kismet Santa Claus
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for I saw Mommy kismet Santa Claus   E-mail I saw Mommy kismet Santa Claus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I was at Disneyland last week. They did not go through my bags or scan my finger. I think that's DisneyWorld.
Posts: 2115 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
put it in writing
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for put it in writing   Author's Homepage   E-mail put it in writing       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Banksy's work blows me away. Incredable stuff.

http://www.banksy.co.uk/

--------------------
and it's 1 - 2 - 3, what are we fighting for? don't ask me, I don't give a damn

Posts: 1319 | From: Florida | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brad from Georgia
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad from Georgia   Author's Homepage   E-mail Brad from Georgia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Disneyland checked our bags as we went in (at two separate stations, no less) but they weren't using the fingerprint scanners that Disney World is using as they scan tickets. My theory: Banksy entered the park with a friend, hid in the bushes to kill and quick-embalm the friend, dress him in the costumes, and then plant him in the Big Thunder Mountain ride.

BTW, the ride at Disneyland is somewhat longer and better laid out than the equivalent at Disney World.

--------------------
"No hard feelin's and HOPpy New Year!"--Walt Kelly
Hear what you're missing: ARTC podcasts! http://artcpodcast.org/

Posts: 7581 | From: Gainesville, Georgia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush
O Come Let Us Adore Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Haha- that was posted on a disney college program message board I'm on- and people believed it. I knew it wasn't Disney's thing, I was just waiting for someone to say something here!

--------------------
My mom, about my nervousness with Jeopardy!: "Don't worry about it. Just get drunk and you'll do fine."
Blog Just call me Mickey 2

Posts: 3295 | From: Radford, VA/Herndon, VA/Orlando, FL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 18 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Wait a minute - between the whole finger scanning deal and going through your bags when entering the park, no one noticed this giant figure going through the gate, much less it being toted around the park and into the grounds of a ride?!
Judging by the photos, I'd say the figure was pretty easily assembled from clothing and a collapsible frame, materials that could have been brought into the park without arousing suspicion. I'd guess the figure was put together in a nearby restroom and then quickly trundled over to the ride during an opportune moment.

- snopes

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages