snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Disney » Ursula and the Tensticles (TM)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ursula and the Tensticles (TM)
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 16 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I recently went to disneyland and watched fantasmic. I noticed
that at one point Ursala says "I will take matters into my own tentacles"
or something to that extent. However, a couple of us and I heard
Testicles instead of tentacles. We were sure of it. I came home and did
some research and others agree. Finally, I went on youtube and watched
the video. The link is here.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wRzvmXu5hoM
The line is said at 17.09 i believe. She actually says Tensticles. But
if there is background noise, the listener will actually here nothing be
testicles. To test this, say aloud "blah blah blah blah" while watching
the clip.

This was no coicidence, and the "s" sound was no cymbal crash either. The
way they perfectly inserted that S sound in to make the word go either
ways was done too carefully.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rehcsif
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rehcsif   E-mail Rehcsif   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Sure does sound like it. But why would they say that? It makes no sense (Ursala being female). Probably just the way the audio came out.

-Tim

Posts: 1039 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FullMetal
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FullMetal   E-mail FullMetal   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
could be a slip of the tongue by the actor...
Posts: 153 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brad from Georgia
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad from Georgia   Author's Homepage   E-mail Brad from Georgia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I could make a "slip of the tongue" joke, but I'm too good for that.

ETA: I listened, and it sounds like "tentacles" to me.

--------------------
"No hard feelin's and HOPpy New Year!"--Walt Kelly
Hear what you're missing: ARTC podcasts! http://artcpodcast.org/

Posts: 7581 | From: Gainesville, Georgia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rehcsif
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rehcsif   E-mail Rehcsif   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FullMetal:
could be a slip of the tongue by the actor...

I considered that too, but since this seems to be a prerecorded part of the show, you'd think they would have done another take.

-Tim

Posts: 1039 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ganzfeld
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ganzfeld     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It sounded exactly like "tenticles" to me.
Posts: 4922 | From: Kyoto, Japan | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ComedyLiker23
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ComedyLiker23   E-mail ComedyLiker23   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
She definelty said "Testicles." No doubt about it!
Posts: 8 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Artemis
The First USA Noel

Icon 212 posted      Profile for Artemis   E-mail Artemis   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Okay, I also think she said, "Ursula will have to take matters into her own testicles." Which makes no sense. Even it _were_ a guy saying that, why? Do guys regularly use their testicles when making big plans or decisions? (Okay, don't answer that...)
Posts: 679 | From: New York | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nion
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nion         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Sometimes!

. . . Oh, don't answer . . . Sorry! [Big Grin]

--------------------
It can't rain all the time.

Posts: 1102 | From: Iowa | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Warlok
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 607 posted      Profile for Warlok     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Just one more in the long line of Disney artists, script writers and actors trying to subliminally undermine the family values of the empire.

And don't females just have testicles "tucked inside." We know the truth - you're not that different and make decisions with things other than brains [Big Grin]

Warlok

--------------------
Inconceivable

Posts: 2755 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Warlok
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Warlok     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ahhhh - had to post again quick. Didn't want 666 on my counter - otherwise I'd have to ride thunder mountain and the ghost of the person tht died in Pirates would steal my soul and leave me to wander in space mountain while listening to an eternal replay of small world.

Warlok

--------------------
Inconceivable

Posts: 2755 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Troberg
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troberg     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
When you are listening for something, you are more likely to hear it.

Try watching this video, while reading the captions: http://www.rathergood.com/chicken/

You will hear what the captions say, even though it's wrong.

While you are there, check out the rest of the stuff for some good natured mentally questionable fun and entertainment.

--------------------
/Troberg

Posts: 4360 | From: Borlänge, Sweden | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rehcsif
We Three Blings

quote:
Originally posted by Troberg:
Try watching this video, while reading the captions: http://www.rathergood.com/chicken/

You will hear what the captions say, even though it's wrong.

Didn't work at all for me -- but maybe it's because I'm way too familiar with that song...

-Tim

Troberg
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troberg     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Didn't work at all for me -- but maybe it's because I'm way too familiar with that song...
Try some of the other songs, that was just the one I remember, several of the others are just as good.

--------------------
/Troberg

Posts: 4360 | From: Borlänge, Sweden | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
applepwnz

Icon 1 posted      Profile for applepwnz   E-mail applepwnz   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Definetly sounded just like she said "Tenticles" to me.

apple"in Japan, tenticles would be kinkier than testicles anyways"pwnz

Posts: 22 | From: Central MA/Southern NH | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush
O Come Let Us Adore Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I heard "tenticles"

--------------------
My mom, about my nervousness with Jeopardy!: "Don't worry about it. Just get drunk and you'll do fine."
Blog Just call me Mickey 2

Posts: 3295 | From: Radford, VA/Herndon, VA/Orlando, FL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Artemis
The First USA Noel

Icon 217 posted      Profile for Artemis   E-mail Artemis   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Okay, I re-listened to it last night. All I could hear that time was "tentacles."

Am I the only one who's creeped out by the video, though? The opening music just sends shivers up my spine. And the Ursula part just squicked me out a little. Actually, considering the tentacles' place in Asian culture, it's starting to sound even more jarring than when I thought she was just saying testicles. [Frown]

--------------------
"You can't play Electro-magnetic Golf according to the rules of Centrifugal Bumble Puppy."
-Mustapha Mond, "Brave New World"

Posts: 679 | From: New York | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sweet Home California
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sweet Home California     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Couldn't have sounded more like "tentacles."

--------------------
I really hate one-eyed flying purple people eaters! I mean, seriously! They're all like, "I like to eat people, I'm purple, I fly and I have one eye!"-We've Got Mail!

The first game ever made using sand, water, oil, and a snail.

Posts: 176 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
IZaNaMI

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IZaNaMI   E-mail IZaNaMI   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I definitely heard "tentacles".
Posts: 17 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
IlGreven, Swan a-Swimmin'
Grandma Got Run Over by a Rain Check

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IlGreven, Swan a-Swimmin'     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Warlok:
And don't females just have testicles "tucked inside."

I know this is sarcasm, but yes, women do have testicles tucked inside. They're called ovaries. [Smile]

Grev (If I were a girl, my balls would be my mommy parts)

--------------------
A gigantic force on the 'Net, and even BIGGER in person.

Posts: 508 | From: Ohio | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
rsamboragal
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rsamboragal   Author's Homepage   E-mail rsamboragal   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
She said tentacles.

--------------------
www.myspace.com/azharleydiva

Posts: 65 | From: Goodyear, AZ | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages