snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Disney » Goofy death

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Goofy death
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 81 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Alright, I heard this from a gal who works there right now.
During one of the parade's, the man in the Goofy costume slipped and fell
onto the ground. Not realizing how close he was to the floats, he was
pulled underneath them. The girl playing Ariel actually felt Goofy get
crushed to death beneath her own float, and ended up having a nervous
breakdown and quitting Disney because of it.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush
O Come Let Us Adore Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Actually, it was a guy that plays Pluto. His name was Javier Cruz. It was before parade step-off (so no guests saw it). He tripped off of a curb, and fell underneath the Princess float. It did not crush his head- it crushed his chest. And Ariel did not have a nervous breakdown. Nor did Belle, who saw him be crushed, and was the one that hit the emergency stop button- and promptly vomited on her $30,000 costume. She was given personal leave and Disney paid for her counseling. AFAIK, she's changed roles, and is now a character captain.

Javier was a dear friend of mine. I considered him to be a big brother when I was down there. In fact, he told me (over the winter break before he died, when I was working), that if I came down over the summer, that I was going to stay with him and his mother. One and a half months later, this accident occurred.

--------------------
My mom, about my nervousness with Jeopardy!: "Don't worry about it. Just get drunk and you'll do fine."
Blog Just call me Mickey 2

Posts: 3295 | From: Radford, VA/Herndon, VA/Orlando, FL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
How sad, Robyn. [Frown]

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages