snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Disney » Jungle Cruise native loves disco

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jungle Cruise native loves disco
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 04 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: On the Jungle Cruise at disney world in orlando, you can hear (if
you listen really really close) a jungle native say "i love disco," where
three natives are dancing in a circle and chanting under a hut. when my
cousin told me this i didn't believe her and made her ride with me five
times and ordered the cast member not to speak:) well...I actually heard
it!I asked the cast member about it and she explained that the imagineer
who designed the ride loved disco and so he threw the quote into the ride.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush
O Come Let Us Adore Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, you polyester jumpsuit-loving Mouse head, you...
I will ask my friends whom have worked in that ride for months...and give you the answer.

--------------------
My mom, about my nervousness with Jeopardy!: "Don't worry about it. Just get drunk and you'll do fine."
Blog Just call me Mickey 2

Posts: 3295 | From: Radford, VA/Herndon, VA/Orlando, FL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
queen of the bah-caramels
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for queen of the bah-caramels   E-mail queen of the bah-caramels   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Okay but post it on the board please

--------------------
Focus On The Family- An opinion group who think more about Gay Sex than gay people do- Rick Mercer

Posts: 590 | From: Rawdon, Quebec | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have an answer!

According to one of my friends, yes, a native DOES say "I love disco"

--------------------
My mom, about my nervousness with Jeopardy!: "Don't worry about it. Just get drunk and you'll do fine."

Posts: 3295 | From: Radford, VA/Herndon, VA/Orlando, FL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rehcsif
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rehcsif   E-mail Rehcsif   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Google ' "Jungle Cruise" "I Love Disco" ' and you'll find lots of people claiming this is true.

Not really proof that it is, but a widespread legend, at least...

-Tim

Posts: 1039 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

If you want, Rehcsif and Snopes, when I go down in a few weeks, I can make it a point to bring my digital video camera on Jungle Cruise and film it, for audio and visual proof.

Actually, Snopes, if I can do that, would you want me to just send it to you over e-mail, so you may be able to post a Disney UL on Snopes.com?

--------------------

Rehcsif
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rehcsif   E-mail Rehcsif   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That would be awesome.

-Tim

Posts: 1039 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
aneee
"Repaint and thin no more!"

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aneee   E-mail aneee   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"Too Cute"
Posts: 7 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages