snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Humor » Response to gender "rules"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Response to gender "rules"
Squishy0405
Wii Wiish You A Merry Chriistmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Squishy0405   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squishy0405   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
*I am just reposting the myspace bulletin to here, I don't have the one they're responding to but you can make your own assumptions*

These laws are just being posted up as a response to someone else's bulletin but hey they might come in handy. LOL.

1) When ur man arrives to pick u up make sure u make him wait like an extra hour. That way he'll be anxious and excited to see u.

2) Always act friendly with ur man's friends. For instance, when ur at the club with all his homeboys make sure u slash ur number to his BEST FRIEND and in the process make sure he's watching. Guys love a lil competition.

3) Bitch and nag until ur man takes u to a real expensive restaurant. When ur posted up in china grill make sure u order the most expensive thing on the menu and then take 2 bites maximum and leave the whole thing. Guys love to spend money like that; trust me he won't mind.

4) Very important rule ladies. If ur man's a baller and he has a 22" or Higher ride then U MUST DRIVE IT. But while driving make sure u make a quick out of control turn (u have to make sure u hit the curb very hard) and **** up the rims. Trust me he won't mind; guys love to play fix-it in front of their ladies.

5) O.k. (This one's good). Ivite ur man over and be sure to wear the sexiest lingerie u own. Then make ur man want the pum-pum real bad and just when u think he can't take it anymore just kick him out. Have ur friend knock on the door and say she's sleeping over. This will teach ur man that he gets it when u want not when he wants.

6) When ur man stays over and leaves his toothbruch make sure u clean the bottom of ur pumps with it and put it back (O.k. this is disgusting but funny). Then watch him brush his teeth with the same toothbrush u used to clean the shit out of the bottom of ur shoes; oh and let him know. Trust me, guys love an adventurous chick.

7) When ur man falls asleep and he is snoring with his mouth open u come and throw raw pieces of rice in his mouth. Then just when he's about to choke tell the sucker u only did it to see if he was still alive. He'll love u more because u showed concern for his health and well-being.

8) When the super bowl is playing make sure your man is all into the game and the game is at its best. Then go outside and cut ur main line switch. (This will turn off all the power to the house). Ur man will appreciate the fact that u let him know there's life outside of a game and as he sits in the dark he'll be thanking u.

9) If ur man hasnt seen u in days; u just make sure ur looking spectacularly GRIMY. (Nappy ass hair, no shaving, and if possible don't bathe). Guys love a NATURAL WOMAN and he'll love u more.

10) Everytime u go to ur man's house always steal clothing items. Then on ur next family reunion make sure ur uncle, brothers, and daddy are wearing all his shit. TRUST ME, he'll love u more because u have now taught him the true value of "sharing". He won't mind.

11) Remember always KEEP IN TOUCH WITH UR EX. Have ur ex call u constantly. This will show ur man that if he doesn't tighten up the other nigga can easily have u. Once again, trust me in the end he'll love u more because u taught him how to appreciate u more.

12) Once in a blue when ur man is concetrated driving somewhere u need to SLAP HIM. He can't do anything because he's driving. If he ask's why u simply tell him u just wanted to make sure he was ****ing paying attention. This is good reinforcement ladies; and he'll appreciate the fact that u had the courtesy to see if he was fully paying attention to the road.

13) Alright ladies, this rule only applies if ur man is a drug dealer. Always keep in handy or speed dial 911 and the D.E.A. Make sure that on a daily basis u remind him u will call them on his ass. This is a true sign of affection and that u care; he'll adore u for it.

14) On the same note, make sure that u teach his ass a lesson. Wake his drug dealing ass at about 3 or 4 o'clock in the morning. Start yelling, "THE COPS R HERE!!" Then make his ass run out the back door and through the neighbors yards. Go look for him and laugh in his face. Remember he won't be mad becuase u will tell him it's for his own good to have PRACTICE DRILLS AND EVACUATIONS. (This sign of affection will also let him know that ur a prepared and organized female).

MORE RULES TO COME.

--------------------
"Fate is like a strange, unpopular resturant, filled with odd waiters who bring you things you never ask for and don't always like."-Lemony Snicket

Posts: 1119 | From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cabcere
A View to a Krill

Icon 217 posted      Profile for Cabcere   E-mail Cabcere   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
So that's what I've been doing wrong all these years! [Razz]

OK, I'll get it. [fish]

~Cab "still single, but not because of any of these 'rules'" cere

Posts: 56 | From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Izzy Quigley
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Izzy Quigley   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This bulletin was brought to you by the letter U!

--------------------
A Viennese fellow is walking along the Karntner Strasse and notices a banana peel lying in his path. "Alas," he sighs, "now I must slip and fall down!"

Posts: 506 | From: Missouri | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Page Three
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Page Three     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't know what annoys me more, the "ur man" or the "u/ur" by itself. Gah.
Posts: 315 | From: Berlin, Germany | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BluesScale
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BluesScale   E-mail BluesScale   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Uh, when did it become perfectly ok to abuse men but terrible to abuse women?

How about we treat each other with some earned respect?

BluesScale

Posts: 207 | From: Woolhampton, Berks, UK | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Avril
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Avril     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Er...this is not written by a woman, obviously, BluesScale. It's more of a man's impression of what a woman is thinking--or something.

Avril

--------------------
There is no failure unless one stops. --Ray Bradbury

Posts: 2115 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
spooookay
Bone Appétit!

Icon 506 posted      Profile for spooookay   E-mail spooookay   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I am just glad to know I have been treating my man right all these years!
quote:

You should never never doubt what nobody is sure about...
Posts: 12 | From: Rock Hill, South Carolina | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
HenryChicane
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HenryChicane   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"Then make ur man want the pum-pum real bad.."

This line actually made me laugh.

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/ironhillpark

Posts: 75 | From: NewCastle, Delaware | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TwoGuyswithaHat
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwoGuyswithaHat   E-mail TwoGuyswithaHat   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think I lost 10 IQ points trying to translate that into something intelligible.

I need a rye now.

--------------------
In politics, absurdity is not a handicap - Napoleon Bonaparte

Posts: 1801 | From: The Forest City, Ontario | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Drizzly Quigley:
This bulletin was brought to you by the letter U!

U for "ugh!" and "unintelligible." U.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 301 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
MORE RULES TO COME.
No, it's okay. I swear. I've had enough pum-pum for one night.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
franjava
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for franjava     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Pum-pum... HAH! Gotta use that one on the DH. Of course, he'll probably get so weirded out by the phrase, I won't get any. [Razz]

--------------------
Never eat anything given to you by a toddler.

Posts: 258 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
HenryChicane
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HenryChicane   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by franjava:
Pum-pum... HAH! Gotta use that one on the DH. Of course, he'll probably get so weirded out by the phrase, I won't get any. [Razz]

Yeah, but see, if you do number 5 correctly you won't be getting any anyway. You just make him want the pum-pum real bad, then send him away. Poor guy.

5) O.k. (This one's good). Ivite ur man over and be sure to wear the sexiest lingerie u own. Then make ur man want the pum-pum real bad and just when u think he can't take it anymore just kick him out. Have ur friend knock on the door and say she's sleeping over. This will teach ur man that he gets it when u want not when he wants.

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/ironhillpark

Posts: 75 | From: NewCastle, Delaware | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Salamander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Salamander   E-mail Salamander   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmmm... while I admit that stupidity does not discriminate, I can't help but ponder the possibility that while this has been written in such a way as to paint the writer as a black woman that I get the feeling that the writer probably wasn't black and quite possibly not a woman.

So... the question for me I guess, is which of the following terms apply to it:

1) Misogynistic
2) Racist
3) Misandristic

?

--------------------
"victory thru self-deception"

Posts: 2211 | From: Western Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Llewtrah

Icon 08 posted      Profile for Llewtrah   Author's Homepage   E-mail Llewtrah   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HenryChicane:
"Then make ur man want the pum-pum real bad.."

This line actually made me laugh.

It made me reach for my Trojan X-rated Box Set of reggae/dub! Darn it. I'll be singing "International Pum-Pum" and "(Don't) Touch Mah Tomato" all day now!

--------------------
Messybeast Cat Resource Archive
Llewtrah's Soapbox

Posts: 2040 | From: Chelmsford, Essex, England | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Llewtrah

Icon 08 posted      Profile for Llewtrah   Author's Homepage   E-mail Llewtrah   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HenryChicane:
quote:
Originally posted by franjava:

Yeah, but see, if you do number 5 correctly you won't be getting any anyway. You just make him want the pum-pum real bad, then send him away. Poor guy.

Or maybe he'll ask for a threesome?

--------------------
Llewtrah's Soapbox

Posts: 2040 | From: Chelmsford, Essex, England | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Don Enrico

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Enrico   E-mail Don Enrico   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Salamander:
Hmmm... while I admit that stupidity does not discriminate, I can't help but ponder the possibility that while this has been written in such a way as to paint the writer as a black woman that I get the feeling that the writer probably wasn't black and quite possibly not a woman.

Where did you get the impression that the writer is supposed to be a black woman? Apart from the last two rules ("if ur man is a drug dealer ...") I didn't see anything implying that - and the last rules imply it only under the assupmtion "drug dealer = black".

I'm not trying to be snarky, I just want to know if I missed anything.

Don Enrico

--------------------
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling, but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places. - Pooh Bear

Posts: 2209 | From: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tarquin Farquart
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tarquin Farquart   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Don Enrico:
quote:

Where did you get the impression that the writer is supposed to be a black woman? Apart from the last two rules ("if ur man is a drug dealer ...") I didn't see anything implying that - and the last rules imply it only under the assupmtion "drug dealer = black".

Don Enrico

quote:
Remember always KEEP IN TOUCH WITH UR EX. Have ur ex call u constantly. This will show ur man that if he doesn't tighten up the other nigga can easily have u.

--------------------
I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from "Now We Are Six" through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So there!

Posts: 802 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Don Enrico

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Enrico   E-mail Don Enrico   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Okay, I missed that. Thanks!

--------------------
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling, but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places. - Pooh Bear

Posts: 2209 | From: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Llewtrah

quote:
quote:

Isn't "pum-pum" also a clue? Must read my Box Set liner notes again, but it seemed to be black slang.

quote:
Punani may be the origin of pum pum, a slang word for vagina or women in the Rastafarian culture.
freeagencyalways.blogspot.com/2006/07/hawaiian-flower.html

quote:
The only thing that I would add is a possible link to the Caribbean 'punany'/'punaani' (I'm not sure that there is an established spelling (cits to date include both of those plus 'punyani', 'poonany' and 'punani'),
meaning vagina, and used in the same ways, lit. and fig. that 'c*nt' is in 'standard' slang. Unfortunately Allsopp has chosen to exclude it, he
presumably sees it as overly coarse, from the Dict. Caribbean English Usage, nor is it in Cassidy & LePage's earlier Dict. of Jamaican English. I cannot offer a precise ety. though there maybe links to the synon. 'pum-pum' (which
is rooted in W. African Krio) or S. Afr. 'pundu' , itself from Xhosa 'impundu', buttocks or vagina. All that suggsted, I have no cit. for 'punany' earlier than 1980s.

listserv.linguistlist.org/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0109a&L=ads-l&P=2827

--------------------
Llewtrah's Soapbox

ThistleSoftware
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThistleSoftware     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

Don Enrico

To me it came across as definitely not a woman writing, and probably not a black person. Most likely a teenage white or Asian male, the two demographics that in my experience most wholeheartedly embrace this type of fake urban culture. The only part that makes me think it could possibly have been written by a black person is the use of the word "nigga" which most non-blacks in my experience do not use even in satire, especially not satire of this extremely amateur calibre. However, some wannabes do use the word so who knows.

--------------------
Officially Heartless

Posts: 3065 | From: The Montgomery County of the West Coast- Berkeley, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Temple
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Temple     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Llewtrah:
quote:
The only thing that I would add is a possible link to the Caribbean 'punany'/'punaani' (I'm not sure that there is an established spelling (cits to date include both of those plus 'punyani', 'poonany' and 'punani'),
meaning vagina, and used in the same ways, lit. and fig. that 'c*nt' is in 'standard' slang. Unfortunately Allsopp has chosen to exclude it, he
presumably sees it as overly coarse, from the Dict. Caribbean English Usage, nor is it in Cassidy & LePage's earlier Dict. of Jamaican English. I cannot offer a precise ety. though there maybe links to the synon. 'pum-pum' (which
is rooted in W. African Krio) or S. Afr. 'pundu' , itself from Xhosa 'impundu', buttocks or vagina. All that suggsted, I have no cit. for 'punany' earlier than 1980s.

listserv.linguistlist.org/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0109a&L=ads-l&P=2827
Great. Now you've got me looking for a possible etymological link to "poontang."

--------------------
"Well, it looks we're on our own ... again."--Rev. Lovejoy

Posts: 3572 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Eddylizard
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddylizard     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Great. Now you've got me looking for a possible etymological link to "poontang."

Per Tony Thorne's excellent Dictionary of Contemporary Slang Poontang is derived from Luisiana French, and is a corruption of the word putain, standard French for whore, and first applied to black women.

--------------------
"Ladies and gentlemen, this is what is commonly known as money. It comes in all sizes, colours, and denominations - like people."

Posts: 997 | From: Maidstone, UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages