snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Humor » Kidney donor cries foul when recipient ditches Christianity

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kidney donor cries foul when recipient ditches Christianity
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 88 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Aleta Smith, who donated her kidney to a 20-year-old college student last year, wants it back now that the student has changed religions.

http://www.larknews.com/may_2004/secondary.php?page=2

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ryda Wong, EBfCo.
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   E-mail Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

What a horrible person!

--------------------
So many spankings! It feels so good! But at the same time, I don't care about meeting your family! - I'mNotDedalus:

Posts: 3216 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Simply Madeline
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Simply Madeline     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Um, it's a joke site.

ETA:This week's headlines:

Mega-church downsizes, cuts non-essential members

and

Worship leader seeks church that appreciates 'good synthesizer'

Posts: 763 | From: Chicago | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bubby
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bubby   E-mail Bubby       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ugh, pretty harsh...

But I eonfrt how badly the counsellour played up the christian angle in the ad...

I'm not saying that the guy is justified in wanting his kidney back though...

Posts: 110 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sylvanz
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sylvanz   E-mail Sylvanz   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ryda, I disagree, sort of, I think she's a moron. [lol] [lol]

P&LL, Syl

ETA: I looked at some of the other stories and I think the poster that said it was a joke site was correct. The other stuff is even more ridiculous than the OP. As crazy as the OP is, though, it wouldn't really surprise me.

P&LL, Syl'aren't stranger organ donations confidential anyway?'vanz

--------------------
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. — Voltaire

Posts: 1944 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Maybe they need to add a few questions to the pre-organ-donation screening process.

quote:
"My kidney belongs to Christ. It will never be Pagan."
No, your kidney belongs to the person to whom you freely donated it.

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
wanderwoman
Bluetooth Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wanderwoman   E-mail wanderwoman   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Simply Matsuya-line:
Um, it's a joke site.

ETA:This week's headlines:

Mega-church downsizes, cuts non-essential members

and

Worship leader seeks chruch that appreciates 'good synthesizer'

And here are some of the links at the top of the page:

quote:
Standard Version|Visually Impaired|Hearing Impaired|Reading Impaired|Horoscope|Bald Men Only

--------------------
"But I'm adding this to my reasons why I never really liked really good looking men much. Sheesh, what good is good looking if you have to stuff a sock in his mouth." - Sara at home
NFBSK, IIRC and other mysterious Snopester language

Posts: 851 | From: Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
guruwan2b

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guruwan2b   Author's Homepage   E-mail guruwan2b   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Check out the horoscopes on that page...... [Big Grin]

guru "SCORPIO
Your mother has been asking everyone to pray for that very personal problem you've been having." wan2b

--------------------
Too much of this navel gazing and we'll disappear up our own arses.
Danvers Carew

Posts: 7465 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ryda Wong, EBfCo.
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   E-mail Ryda Wong, EBfCo.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by guruwan2b:
Check out the horoscopes on that page...... [Big Grin]

[Big Grin] Your Horoscope

This link was a test of your sanctification.
You failed.

Repent, click the back button and start again.

Mine:
ARIES

Jesus came. You missed it. Sorry.

--------------------
So many spankings! It feels so good! But at the same time, I don't care about meeting your family! - I'mNotDedalus:

Posts: 3216 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
guruwan2b

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guruwan2b   Author's Homepage   E-mail guruwan2b   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ryda Wong:

Mine:
ARIES

Jesus came. You missed it. Sorry. [/QB]

[lol]

--------------------
Too much of this navel gazing and we'll disappear up our own arses.
Danvers Carew

Posts: 7465 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ms Congeniality
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ms Congeniality   E-mail Ms Congeniality   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Funny site. ! [Big Grin]
The story may be a joke, but it would not surprise me if someone tried to get their kidney back because the person they gave it to was not christian. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Queen of Confusion

Posts: 311 | From: Miami, FL | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
wanderwoman
Bluetooth Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wanderwoman   E-mail wanderwoman   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I like this one, though it's not mine:

LEO

You're having a tough time, but just remember: In heaven, the angels are laughing at you.

--------------------
"But I'm adding this to my reasons why I never really liked really good looking men much. Sheesh, what good is good looking if you have to stuff a sock in his mouth." - Sara at home
NFBSK, IIRC and other mysterious Snopester language

Posts: 851 | From: Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"LIBRA

God really DOESN'T care if you tithe. You could have been rich by now. "

Ha, I've never tithed anyway [Razz]

--------------------
Me: "He's 19? Uh oh, I bought him a beer."
A: "You contributed to the deliquency of a minor in drag!"
"Sweet spell check: keeping drunks off the radar since 1995."- IND
God Re-Animate Green Pork Bush

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pixiechic
Here We Come A-Mall Crawling

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixiechic   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pixiechic   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wanderwoman:
I like this one, though it's not mine:

LEO

You're having a tough time, but just remember: In heaven, the angels are laughing at you.

I knew it! No one believed me before.

No wait, I'll get it [fish]

--------------------
Pixiechic's MySpace page
Our Homepage

Posts: 381 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 204 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I looked at some of the other stories and I think the poster that said it was a joke site was correct.
Phew! Lucky thing I posted this in the "Humor" forum, then.

The disclaimer link at the bottom of the article was kind of a subtle clue:

"LarkNews® is a satirical newspaper published by Joel Kilpatrick.
LarkNews uses invented names in all its stories, except in cases when public
figures are being satirized. Any other use of real names is accidental and
coincidental."

- snopes

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sylvanz
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sylvanz   E-mail Sylvanz   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hey, I had worked graveyard and just got up. [Razz]

Alright, I didn't see which forum it was in. [fish] There I've been duly trouted.

P&LL, Syl'my kidney goes to the highest bidder'vanz

--------------------
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. — Voltaire

Posts: 1944 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
PrincessLeia

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PrincessLeia     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ms. Congeniality:
Funny site. ! [Big Grin]
The story may be a joke, but it would not surprise me if someone tried to get their kidney back because the person they gave it to was not christian. [Roll Eyes]

A guy tried something similar in an episode of Law and Order: Criminal Intent. He only wanted to donate organs to people who were planning to be do-gooders. He had a woman killed when she decided to live a more normal life after receiving his kidney.
Posts: 185 | From: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Pikey Snow Queen
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Pikey Snow Queen   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I love this site!

TAURUS

You will have a worldwide ministry of healing. Try it on your neighbors. Ha ha

--------------------
Brosandi. Hendumst í hringi
Höldumst í hendur
Allur heimurinn óskýr
Nema þú stendur

Posts: 694 | From: York, UK | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
zman977
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zman977   Author's Homepage   E-mail zman977   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I wonder how long it will take this story to be put in to an email and sent around the internet as a "true" story. That is a funny site.

I'm a leo and I knew the angles were laughing at me. But I"m laughing right back at them. hehehe.

--------------------
Check out the podcast at www.candidradio.com

Ever notice how we always fall in love? We never climb gently in to love, or step lightly in to love. If love is such a good thing than why is it described as a fall.

Posts: 918 | From: La Salle Illinois USA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 96 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I wonder how long it will take this story to be put in to an email and sent around the internet as a "true" story.
It already has been -- I posted it here because readers were asking us about it.

- snopes

skeptic
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skeptic         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
"strange Asian teas, pig blood and witch doctor brews in Africa,"
If the woman has taken on Hindu beliefs, would she be drinking pig's blood.
OK, I know the site is a joke, but ....?

BTW, wasn't there a time when blood from blacks and whites was not mixed in transfusions. I think it lasted until comparitivly recently.

--------------------
I like free speech. It lets me know who the idiots are.

Posts: 407 | From: Ireland | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
atimnie
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atimnie   E-mail atimnie       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bubby:
Ugh, pretty harsh...

But I eonfrt how badly the counsellour played up the christian angle in the ad...

eonfrt?
Posts: 70 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 207 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
If the woman has taken on Hindu beliefs, would she be drinking pig's blood.
Why not? I don't believe Hinduism proscribes the consumption of food and other products derived from pigs.

- snopes

Blue Fuzzy Thing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Fuzzy Thing   E-mail Blue Fuzzy Thing   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hah!

My horoscope:

PISCES - You suck. Which is why you need Jesus.

Blue Fuzzy Thing

--------------------
People say I have ADD, but they just don’t understand that... Oh look! A chicken!

Posts: 151 | From: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sabrina_Fairchild

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sabrina_Fairchild   Author's Homepage   E-mail Sabrina_Fairchild   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
[lol] I want the shirt that says "Jesus Loves you: then again, he loves everyone" [lol]

--------------------
As heard on "Street Smarts":
Q: Chicago has 2 professional baseball teams. The Cubs and....what is the other one? Hint: It's something you probably don't wear a lot.

Girl: Underwear?

Posts: 178 | From: Texas | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Ota Faction
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Ota Faction   Author's Homepage   E-mail The Ota Faction   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by atimnie:
quote:
Originally posted by Bubby:
Ugh, pretty harsh...

eonfrt?
eonfrt= wonder, but with the left hand one key to the right of home row.

--------------------
"Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you what you are." - Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
"That lonely recluse who lives down the road is crying out. So is that pregnant teenager. And the prostitute. And the drunkard."
Join the Free State Project - I did!

Posts: 1516 | From: *sigh* Elmira, NY | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages