snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Humor » What Whites/Hispanics/Blacks won't admit

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What Whites/Hispanics/Blacks won't admit
Squishy0405
Wii Wiish You A Merry Chriistmas

Icon 108 posted      Profile for Squishy0405   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squishy0405   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
*This is supposed to be more of a joke but some of it I was like um... everyone has done that, and my son's middle name is Jesus [Mad] *

10 Truths Black and Hispanic people know but white people won't admit

1. Elvis is dead.
2. Jesus was not white.
3. Rap music is here to stay.
4. Kissing your pet is not cute or clean.
5. Skinny does not equal sexy.
6. Thomas Jefferson had black children.
7. A 5 year old is too big for a stroller.
8. N'SYNC will never hold a candle to the Jackson 5.
9. An occasional BUTT whooping helps a child stay in line.
10. Having your children curse you out in public is not normal.

10 Truths White and Black People know but Hispanic people won't admit

1. Hickeys are not attractive.
2. Chicken is food not a pet or a roommate.
3. Jesus is not a name for your son.
4. Your country flag is not a car decoration.
5. Maria is a name but not for every daughter.
6. 10 people to a car are considered too many.
7. "Jump out and run" is not in any insurance policies.
8. Buttoning just the top button of your shirt is a bad fashion
statement.
9. Mami & Papi can't possibly be the nickname of every person in your family.
10. Letting your children run wildly through the store is not normal.

10 Truths White and Hispanic people know but black people won't admit

1. O.J. did it.
2. Tupac is dead.
3. Teeth shouldn't be decorated.
4. Weddings should start on time.
5. Your pastor doesn't know everything.
6. Jesse Jackson will never be President.
7. Red is not a Kool Aid flavor, it's a color.
8. Church does not require expensive clothes.
9. Crown Royal bags are meant to be thrown away.
10. Your rims and sound system should not be worth more than your car

--------------------
"Fate is like a strange, unpopular resturant, filled with odd waiters who bring you things you never ask for and don't always like."-Lemony Snicket

Posts: 1119 | From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Troberg
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troberg     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, at least it remains neutral by kicking everybody in the groin...

--------------------
/Troberg

Posts: 4360 | From: Borlänge, Sweden | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DemonWolf
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DemonWolf     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Squishy0405:
*This is supposed to be more of a joke but some of it I was like um... everyone has done that, and my son's middle name is Jesus [Mad] *

10 Truths Black and Hispanic people know but white people won't admit

1. Elvis is dead.
2. Jesus was not white.

Considering that Christ was Jewish and that modern Jews are white, we cannot know Jesus' race.
quote:

3. Rap music is here to stay.
4. Kissing your pet is not cute or clean.
5. Skinny does not equal sexy.

Since it is an opinion, yes it does- to some people.
quote:

6. Thomas Jefferson had black children.
7. A 5 year old is too big for a stroller.
8. N'SYNC will never hold a candle to the Jackson 5.

for 7,8,9,&10- I know several white people who will agree with that.
quote:

1. Hickeys are not attractive.

This is an age thing, not a racial thing. Lot's of my white friends in high school needed to learn this lesson.
quote:

Not sure I understand this one.
quote:

Not limited to Hispanics.
quote:

6 & 7- Racial stereotypes anyone?
quote:

statement.

see 6 & 7.
quote:

Not limited to hispanics.
quote:

1. O.J. did it.
2. Tupac is dead.
3. Teeth shouldn't be decorated.

I don't think I've ever attended a wedding that started on time.
quote:

Hardly limited to Blacks.
quote:

not limited to Blacks.
quote:

9. Crown Royal bags are meant to be thrown away.
10. Your rims and sound system should not be worth more than your car

Hardly limited to Blacks.

Not funny and way too many sweeping generalizations to even approach true.

--------------------
Friends are like skittles: they come in many colors, and some are fruity!

IMJW-052804

Posts: 7224 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Methuselah
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Methuselah     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Bah, this barely registers on the ol' chuckle-meter. A few really stuck out, though.
quote:

Yeah, you'll never see some white dude driving around in a Ford pickup with a tattered American flag strapped to the antennae, and American flag stickers and magnets all over the bumper and rear gate. [Roll Eyes]

quote:

Um, yeah...I don't think we should encourage more people to go to church (or anywhere else in public) dressed in cutoff jeans and flip-flops.

--------------------
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." - G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 1514 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
put it in writing
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for put it in writing   Author's Homepage   E-mail put it in writing       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Okay, now they're just talking crazy talk. I'm so white I'm pale blue, and even I know that red is sure as heck a kool ade flavor.

--------------------
and it's 1 - 2 - 3, what are we fighting for? don't ask me, I don't give a damn

Posts: 1319 | From: Florida | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Squoval
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 214 posted      Profile for Squoval   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squoval   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DemonWolf:
Considering that Christ was Jewish and that modern Jews are white, we cannot know Jesus' race.

I don't understand what that means, but I'd like to point out that not every Jew is white. There are even Arab and Persian Jews, like President of Israel Moshe Katsav, a Persian Jew.
ETA: Woah, I spanked 4k in the same minute!

--------------------
I can't believe it's not Square!

Posts: 3147 | From: W-S, North Carolina | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

We may not know Jesus' race, but I dispute that modern Jews are white. Linky! More linky! Still more linky!

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
forceflow15
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for forceflow15     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
someone needs to do the research. DNA testing proved that Thomas Jefferson did not have black children. Instead it was most likely his younger brother (name escapes me) who was wellknown to hang out in the slave quarters. Hate to break a cherished myth of American history.

--------------------
Forceflow

"There was Joye in the courtroom, but he slipped on a-peel." = Prof. Kutner

Posts: 101 | From: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TimK
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TimK     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

One reason black people like to wear expensive clothes to church is that, historically, because of the occupations they were limited to (by white people, remember) and their limited social opportunities, church was the only time during the week that they had a chance to dress up and show off nice clothes.

It seems more than a little mean-spirited to make fun of them for that.

Best,
Tim

Posts: 61 | From: Bayonne, NJ | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lynnejanet
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lynnejanet     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Do you have a cite for that, forceflow?

The articles that I found indicated that there was no conclusive proof one way or the other. DNA tests have shown that the descendents of Sally Hemings were fathered by a male member of the Jefferson family, but there is no way to know which male member. However, there seems to be a very strong oral tradition that Jefferson was the father of 6 of her children, and there is no evidence to the contary.

I was fascinated to discover that Sally Hemings was likely the half-sister of Jefferson's wife.

--------------------
lynne"insert appropriate punny phrase here"janet

Posts: 1460 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by forceflow15:
someone needs to do the research. DNA testing proved that Thomas Jefferson did not have black children. Instead it was most likely his younger brother (name escapes me) who was wellknown to hang out in the slave quarters. Hate to break a cherished myth of American history.

Nope, the DNA testing proved no such thing. Link
quote:
That a Jefferson-Hemings relationship could be neither refuted nor substantiated was challenged in 1998 by the results of DNA tests conducted by Dr. Eugene Foster and a team of geneticists. The study - which tested Y-chromosomal DNA samples from male-line descendants of Field Jefferson (Thomas Jefferson's uncle), John Carr (grandfather of Jefferson's Carr nephews), Eston Hemings, and Thomas C. Woodson - indicated a genetic link between the Jefferson and Hemings descendants. The results of the study established that an individual carrying the male Jefferson Y chromosome fathered Eston Hemings (born 1808), the last known child born to Sally Hemings. There were approximately 25 adult male Jeffersons who carried this chromosome living in Virginia at that time, and a few of them are known to have visited Monticello. The study's authors, however, said "the simplest and most probable" conclusion was that Thomas Jefferson had fathered Eston Hemings.
But that's only the Thomas Jefferson Foundation, the folks who run Monticello, so what do they know. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Aptenodytes_Forsteriis
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aptenodytes_Forsteriis     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Four Kitties:
quote:

We may not know Jesus' race, but I dispute that modern Jews are white. Linky! More linky!
'Jewish' isn't a race it's a religion and group of cultures. Ashkenazi Jews (80% of world Jewish population) are mostly descended from Northern and Eastern European Caucasian peoples, and are often very fair. It has been questioned whether they are actually descended from the tribes of Israel, because a land called Khazaria in the Caucasus converted to Judaism in the late Byzantine era and many Ashkenazim may be descended from these people. This is a sensitive area, because anti-semitic groups have adopted this claim, but some Jews, both Ashkenazi and Sephardic, believe it, and while it is doubtful that any Jewish person alive today is 'purely' descended from the Khazars, many Ashkenazim do probably have Khazar ancestors.

Sephardic Jews are mostly descended from Spanish and North African peoples, both of which are Caucasian, but darker skinned. Persian Jews are also darker skinned and also Caucasian. The Ethiopean Jews are darker skinned yet. Yemenite Jews trace their history in the south of the Arabian Penninsula back to Solomon's reign and are physically indsitinguishable from other Yemenis. I could go on but I think I have made the point.

Joseph's coat isn't the only many colored thing in Judaism.

--------------------
'Hello, assorted humanoid strangers. You are standing casually in our forest. This bewilders us.' Blatherskite

Posts: 950 | From: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kuzibah
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kuzibah   E-mail Kuzibah   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
And the Asians slip by unscathed!

Should they be relieved or insulted?

Posts: 31 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Aptenodytes_Forsteriis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aptenodytes_Forsteriis     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kuzibah:
And the Asians slip by unscathed!

Should they be relieved or insulted?

And what about the various aboriginal peoples? I think a cabal of Chinese, Inuit, Siouxan, Australian Aboriginal, Bushmen, and the Aboriginal People of Northern Japan, got together and wrotes these lists to distract the rest of us while they pursue their evil plot to conquer the rest of us! We must flee the Red, Black, Brown, Yellow, White, and Greyish Pale Peril. They are coming to kill the honest FSM fearing... Uh, oh I used all the colors for the bad guys.

--------------------
'Hello, assorted humanoid strangers. You are standing casually in our forest. This bewilders us.' Blatherskite

Posts: 950 | From: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FullMetal
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FullMetal   E-mail FullMetal   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Crown Royal bags need to be thrown away?

millions of geeks cry out in horror as they learn they must give up their prized dice bags!

Posts: 153 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ophiuchus
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ophiuchus   E-mail Ophiuchus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I must not be a very typical member of my race for I'd label many of the things on the white list as things I know are wrong and meanwhile I see things on the other two lists that I don't see a problem with.

My mother had pet chickens when she lived in South San Fransico. I see no problem with Chickens as pets... nor other somewhat unusual choices such as pigs, ferrets, wallabys, parrots, penguins, striped hyenas, foxes, bobcats, prarie dogs, fruit bats, turtles (or tortoises), hamsters or... well, any other number of animals that are between 1/4th-100 pounds and won't likely eat you or your neighbors.

Now, those people who think giant or venomous snakes make good pets... those guys freak me out.

Posts: 411 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TwoGuyswithaHat
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwoGuyswithaHat   E-mail TwoGuyswithaHat   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Aside from gift sets, does Crown Royal still come in the bags? I know it hasn't in Canada for quite some time.

--------------------
In politics, absurdity is not a handicap - Napoleon Bonaparte

Posts: 1801 | From: The Forest City, Ontario | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TB Tabby

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TB Tabby   E-mail TB Tabby   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Bleah. I'm fed up with attempts to pass racial stereotyping off as humor. It's not shocking anymore, and it was never funny to begin with. It's just tacky.

--------------------
I like to go down to the playground and watch the kids run and jump and scream, because they don't know I'm only using blanks.

Posts: 942 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DemonWolf

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DemonWolf     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bill D:
quote:

I don't understand what that means, but I'd like to point out that not every Jew is white. There are even Arab and Persian Jews, like President of Israel Moshe Katsav, a Persian Jew.
ETA: Woah, I spanked 4k in the same minute!

quote:
Originally posted by Four Kitties:
quote:

We may not know Jesus' race, but I dispute that modern Jews are white. Linky! More linky! Still more linky!
Fascinating. I never knew of Jews that originated anywhere but europe.

Thanks for the links!

--------------------
Friends are like skittles: they come in many colors, and some are fruity!

IMJW-052804

Posts: 7224 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ed Hopkins

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ed Hopkins   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

This picture shows what men in Christ's day probably looked like. The OP was probably refering to was the blond and blue-eyed Jesus of many paintings.

This is not a white thing - all people paint Christ in their own image.

Posts: 38 | From: Maryland, USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ThistleSoftware
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThistleSoftware     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

-snip-

Thanks for the links!

Does that mean you thought Jesus was from Europe?

--------------------
Officially Heartless

Posts: 3065 | From: The Montgomery County of the West Coast- Berkeley, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ThistleSoftware
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThistleSoftware     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

It also raises children to think that violence solves problems. Great, just what African and Hispanic American communities need, more violence.

quote:

statement.

Assimilate! Resistance is futile!

--------------------
Officially Heartless

Posts: 3065 | From: The Montgomery County of the West Coast- Berkeley, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lgreywolf
Deck the Malls

Icon 98 posted      Profile for Lgreywolf   E-mail Lgreywolf   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Thanks for the links! [/QB]

Hee. Kind of reminds me of the joke about the Rabbi who learns of a village in China where the whole population is Jewish. He makes a long journey and when he finally arrives he explains his quest to the villagers and introduces himself as a Rabbi. Then one of the (Chinese) villagers turns to his friend and says "That's funny, he doesn't look Jewish." [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Most Jewish holidays can be summed up very simply: They tried to kill us. We won. Let's eat." - my in-laws' Rabbi.

Posts: 430 | From: North of Boston, MA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Turbo Snail

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Turbo Snail     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by put it in writing:
quote:

Okay, now they're just talking crazy talk. I'm so white I'm pale blue, and even I know that red is sure as heck a kool ade flavor.
It's also the best damn popsicle in the box!

--------------------
Has anyone seen my other shoe?

Posts: 40 | From: Richmond, Indiana | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
moonlight
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 05 posted      Profile for moonlight   E-mail moonlight   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

I don't get this at all. Is this some stereotype I've never heard of?

--------------------
I'm back to lurking.

Posts: 2709 | From: Illinois | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lgreywolf:
quote:

Thanks for the links!

Hee. Kind of reminds me of the joke about the Rabbi who learns of a village in China where the whole population is Jewish. He makes a long journey and when he finally arrives he explains his quest to the villagers and introduces himself as a Rabbi. Then one of the (Chinese) villagers turns to his friend and says "That's funny, he doesn't look Jewish." [Big Grin] [/QB]
Lgreywolf, I thought of that joke, too, but I've heard a different version, involving a Jewish traveler in Tokyo who's mistaken for a Gentile visitor at a synagogue where the congregation is uniformly Japanese. Same punch line, of course. [Smile]

ETA: this guy is Jewish. So is this guy.

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
James D
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James D   E-mail James D   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Let's see...

quote:

Child abuse teaches a child to hit rather than talk.
and the author has probably never had teenagers.

quote:

statement.

2. Though I live in an area with a large hispanic population, I've never heard of anyone keeping a chicken as a pet. For whatever reason, I would (probably wrongly) associate such behavior with the rural southeast.
3. What about Matthew, Mark, Luke, or Paul? Are they 'unacceptable' too?
4. Can someone tell this to all the people who are putting American flags in their car windows until they either rip to tatters or fall out and become roadkill.
5. Nor is Mary or Ashley. But some names tend to be very popular at times. The only person I know of who named all their kids the same though is George Foreman.
6,7 - dimwitted stereotypes.
8. Actually, it's a form of gang identification.
9. Nope - just ma and pa.
10. Nor is it limited to any one race.

quote:

5. Please, someone let all the lilly white southern evangelicals know this too...
6. Nor will pat robertson (thank God.)

--------------------
The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return. It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale.
Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - )

Posts: 244 | From: Ventura, CA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by James D:
Let's see...

quote:

Child abuse teaches a child to hit rather than talk.
and the author has probably never had teenagers.

I agree with your first point, but it is possible to be a teenager and not curse your parents out in public. I never did. Never cursed them out in private, either.

--------------------

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie

Editing waffles.

--------------------

Norton II
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norton II   E-mail Norton II       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
To get back to the OP, my major objection to it is that I like humor to be funny.

--------------------
Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico

Posts: 287 | From: Mystic, CT | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ladyknight
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladyknight     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

I don't get this. What are they even referring to? [Confused]

--------------------
Triumphs cannot be given. They must be taken, and the worse the odds, and the fiercer the resistance, the greater the honor. -- A Civil Campaign, Lois McMaster Bujold

Posts: 638 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MissEltoe

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissEltoe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't think the "butt whooping" one is saying violence or child abuse is OK (and I definitely don't think it is limited to any race either).

I think it is trying to point out that sometimes a smack on the bottom for a kid works better than a "talking-to".

I don't know, it worked in my house. I didn't wanna get butt-whooping, much less yelled at by my mom when I was a kid. ::shrugs shoulders::

--------------------
Licorice of the Lord! This is classy stuff...Should I be wearing a tie? Or, at least, pants?
~I'mNotDedalus

Posts: 975 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
diddy
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diddy   E-mail diddy   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MissE:
I don't think the "butt whooping" one is saying violence or child abuse is OK (and I definitely don't think it is limited to any race either).

I think it is trying to point out that sometimes a smack on the bottom for a kid works better than a "talking-to".

I don't know, it worked in my house. I didn't wanna get butt-whooping, much less yelled at by my mom when I was a kid. ::shrugs shoulders::

I have an issue with that. Did you not do bad things becasue they were wrong or was it becasue you woud be "smacked on the bottom" for it?

Punishment is supposed to teach you that you should do things because their are negitive consequences. Its not supposed to institute fear, Its supposed to ingrain understanding.

But lets not let this thread degrade into anpther spanking debate.

--------------------
W.W.F.S.M.D?
But this image of Bush as some sort of Snidely Whiplash tying the fair maiden to the railroad tracks is beyond the pale. - Joe Bentley

Posts: 2311 | From: Minnnesota | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
moonlight
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonlight   E-mail moonlight   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ladyknight:
quote:

I don't get this. What are they even referring to? [Confused]
I'm taking this as referring to fleeing the scene of an accident on foot...

--------------------
I'm back to lurking.

Posts: 2709 | From: Illinois | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MissEltoe

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissEltoe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by diddy:
quote:
Originally posted by MissE:

I have an issue with that. Did you not do bad things becasue they were wrong or was it becasue you woud be "smacked on the bottom" for it?

Punishment is supposed to teach you that you should do things because their are negitive consequences. Its not supposed to institute fear, Its supposed to ingrain understanding.

But lets not let this thread degrade into anpther spanking debate.

Both. I didn't do things that I knew I would get in trouble for because they were wrong.

--------------------
Licorice of the Lord! This is classy stuff...Should I be wearing a tie? Or, at least, pants?
~I'mNotDedalus

Posts: 975 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages