snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Humor » Wish we could buy one

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wish we could buy one
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 04 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I NEED YOUR HELP!

I'm trying to find out which WalMart sells this mirror!!!

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
SantasHobbit
Frosty the Salesman

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantasHobbit     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Try Hogwarts. I believe Professor Dumbledore has one.

--------------------
Angsty little hobbitssssses

Posts: 336 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mizzie
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mizzie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SatansHobbit:
Try Hogwarts. I believe Professor Dumbledore has one.

LOL! Very true.
Posts: 41 | From: Baxter, MN | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Neffti Noel
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neffti Noel     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've got one in my living room, I hold it responsible for most of my fashion errors [Smile]
Posts: 1157 | From: Westcountry UK "It's Bootiful" | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mags
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mags     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I already kinda have that. When I see myself in a mirror, I don't see myself as fat as I really am. I say "enh, not too bad."

I only really become aware of my fat when I knock something off a counter with my butt, or when I see pictures of myself.

I think I have body dismorphic disorder, but in the reverse of how anorexics have it.

Posts: 550 | From: Springboro, OH | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Monkster
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkster   E-mail Monkster   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mags:
I already kinda have that. When I see myself in a mirror, I don't see myself as fat as I really am. I say "enh, not too bad."

I only really become aware of my fat when I knock something off a counter with my butt, or when I see pictures of myself.

I think I have body dismorphic disorder, but in the reverse of how anorexics have it.

There was a female stand up comedian who used the phrase "reverse anorexia"

"It's when I look in the mirror and think I'm really skinny".

Posts: 147 | From: Queensland Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Blabberfingers
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blabberfingers   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
When you find the mirror, let me know... I want one in every room.
Posts: 1 | From: Wilson, Oklahoma | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DemonWolf
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DemonWolf     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I once saw a comic where a thin woamn was looking into the mirror and saw her reflection as fat. A fat man was looking into the mirror and saw his relfection as a bodybuilder's.

--------------------
Friends are like skittles: they come in many colors, and some are fruity!

IMJW-052804

Posts: 7224 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AliBaba
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 98 posted      Profile for AliBaba   E-mail AliBaba   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Mags, get out, get out, get out of my brain, please.

Ali "thought it was just me" Baba

Posts: 3068 | From: Kensington, MD | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 218 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Eh, I don't have a mirror that does that, but I have some pills that have the same effect.

I'll get back to everyone as to whether the pills are legal.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Neffti Noel
We Three Blings

Icon 99 posted      Profile for Neffti Noel     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Canuckistan:
Eh, I don't have a mirror that does that, but I have some pills that have the same effect.

I'll get back to everyone as to whether the pills are legal.

Canuckistan, I find that plain old alcohol does this to me. Pretty early in life I adopted the policy of getting dressed to go clubbing, or at least choosing my outfit before I started the night's drinking. (A night in Rock City with crowds parting to let me pass in my sparkly leotard haunts me to this day.) Turns out that beer goggles work on myself as well as other people [lol]
Posts: 1157 | From: Westcountry UK "It's Bootiful" | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages