snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Urban Legends » Humor » In the queue

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: In the queue
Brrrtje
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brrrtje   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've heard this one several times now - is it an international story, or are our kids really the worst despots in the universe?

A mother and her little kid are standing in line at the supermarket. The boy kicks the elderly man in front of him on the ankles. 'Now, Billy, don't do that', the mother says on a weary tone. 'That gentleman doesn't like it.'

In a reaction, the boy starts screaming and drops a bottle of lemonade on the floor. 'Here, here, Billy. Someone else will have to clean that. You're not being nice.'

Little bugger, obviously not listening, starts throwing fruit through the store. 'If you don't stop that, Billyboy, there's no television for you tonight!' says the mother, not interfering in any other way.

The guy standing behind her has been watching it in silence. Suddenly he takes out a pack of custard, and empties it on the mother's jacket. She turns around angrily, but he just shrugs. 'My mom raised me like that, too.'

Posts: 142 | From: Netherlands | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ms Congeniality
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ms Congeniality   E-mail Ms Congeniality   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Funny story, but if anyone did that in the states, the mom would sue for sure. But yes, we have kids like that with inatentive parents here too. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Queen of Confusion

Posts: 311 | From: Miami, FL | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
F minor
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for F minor   E-mail F minor   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Nothing a quick thrashing with a studded leather belt wouldn't cure. [/subtext]
Posts: 124 | From: London, England | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dutch Angua
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dutch Angua   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I know that story, but slightly different.
In that version, the mother doesn't say anything at all, because she is gving him a so-called 'free upbringing' and the child has to realize himself that his behaviour is bad.

Oh and the man behind her is usually a punker or something like it.

--------------------
Dude, where's my siggy?

Posts: 276 | From: Holland | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ulkomaalainen
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ulkomaalainen     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I second the version of our western neighbours. It was a very poular joke in germany, too, though it became less common when the so called "antiautoritäre Erziehung" (roughly: education without any imposed authority) was more common. And yes, the man has to be somebody from whom you do not expect this - a youth or a punker or a goth would do great.

--------------------
Movie characters never make typing mistakes.

Posts: 586 | From: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages